UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Wheels and Tyres
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Replacement Tyre Pressure Sensor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobzyer_runkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacement Tyre Pressure Sensor
    Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:18pm
Damaged the front wheel on my 2016 Tekna on a bl***y deep pothole.

Been quoted for a new wheel by a Nissan dealer, who says its not possible to remove the old TPMS, "it has to be cut off" so I will also have to buy a new one of those too.

Anyone come across this before?
Nick99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by bobzyer_runkle bobzyer_runkle wrote:

Damaged the front wheel on my 2016 Tekna on a bl***y deep pothole.

Been quoted for a new wheel by a Nissan dealer, who says its not possible to remove the old TPMS, "it has to be cut off" so I will also have to buy a new one of those too.

Anyone come across this before?

Yes that is certainly the case with the J11B Tekna+. Had the same problem with a pothole, new wheel and tyre over £500. I was lucky in so much as the dealer fitted the wrong valve so they refitted the correct one FOC.
bobzyer_runkle View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobzyer_runkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:44pm
Thanks for the reply Nick99, looks like I have no option.  

However I have just been reading the handbook and it states "the TPMS sensors can be used again" so I will point that out to the Dealer and see what he says!!
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 2:25pm
You can always live without the sensor and do it the old fashioned way, can always be added at a later date?
QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 6:43pm
Under the latest MoT I understand that if TPMS was installed originally ,they must be in working order.
I have no idea how the tester is going to test them.
Brian
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 9:46pm
I think that if you have them fitted, they need to be working correctly. Same as the rule that a spare wheel is not compulsory, but if carried it must be legal.
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
GelJ View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:53pm
My existing TPMS were fitted into 2 new rims supplied under warranty.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic