Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > NONONO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Retrofit ideas for new owner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmanyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áMará2015 at 5:14pm
Cheers duncho.

The 2 outside sensors are pretty much on the corner mate. The further you go round, the curve causes a little gap against the flat sensors :(

Re your PM. Here are the pre install photos:

Edited by oldmanyoung - 09áMará2015 at 5:16pm
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áMará2015 at 6:28pm
Thank you for the photos. Aka bumper surface, you coul try heat installation spot with a heat gun and press it slightly with rounded flat object :)
oldmanyoung View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmanyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áMará2015 at 6:49pm
True, might give that a shot!

Re shark fin. Are you getting one?
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áMará2015 at 7:10pm
No, not yet. I search for active antenna with DAB support. So far, I was not lucky to find a good one to be honest.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmanyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áMará2015 at 10:18pm
I have seen one with built in amplifier. But even OEM NISSAN sharkfin says it does not support DAB :(
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2015 at 7:25am
I know, I purchased the one from Nissan and I noticed DAB not supported only when it was in place. The second antenna I bought from Celsus (if I remember well) but that one didn't work at all.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmanyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2015 at 3:43pm
I'm going to research an amplifier to fit for DAB support. I'm sure it will be simple. Here's the finished article:

The colour match is spot on!

Edited by oldmanyoung - 10áMará2015 at 3:44pm
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2015 at 3:59pm
Does the antenna cover hold firmly on the roof? the sticky tape is not much thick and I would be afraid to get the car cleaned at carwash. Here is one of DAB amplifiers you could buy. It includes slitter, which you need as well:  http://www.amazon.de/DAB_amplifier

Edited by duncho - 10áMará2015 at 4:00pm
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmanyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2015 at 5:55pm
The sticky gasket is a custom 3M product. From what I've read the 3M products are very good. It's extremely well stuck on. I don't use machine car washes (bad experience one time) but I think on the instructions it says avoid using car wash for 1 week. I think it would be fine to be honest.

Thanks, I'll look into the amplifier. Is there a power source already there in roof lining?
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áMará2015 at 7:05pm
Yes, there is power source wired together with the aerial cable. Have you replaced Nissan Connect with aftermarket unit supporting DAB? 
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmanyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áMará2015 at 3:37pm
Not yet. I am adding DAB to my list though. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic