UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > In Car Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Reverse Camera Upgrade?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashqaiCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reverse Camera Upgrade?
    Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 3:36pm
Hi guys,

Im still looking to install a reverse camera, i have the qashqai unit and blue screen activating, so now i just need the camera.... right?! *holds breath expectantly*

I have read through ians post for reverse cam and it never actually gives an answer

Then i read through vlegga's post and i apologise but i dont understand it?

Has anyone actually managed to do this with nissan parts or in a simple way?

Thanks

Edited by QashqaiCox - 15 Apr 2011 at 3:45pm
2015 Qashqai Tekna, 1.6 DiG-T, Metallic Gun Metal Grey, Side Steps, Front & Rear Skid Plates, Chrome Lower Trim, Chrome Boot Trim, Collecting 26/09/15 😎
Iced_Ink View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iced_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 10:23pm
Has anyone actually managed this?
I'm often accused of eavesdropping. I just wish they'd have the guts to say it to my face
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 10:33pm
no-one on here mate
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
ross View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2011 at 10:56pm
I'm interested in this too!
AcesDvds View Drop Down
Approved
Approved

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AcesDvds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2011 at 1:06am
Hi Guys ill see what i can find out for you next time im on an install or one of my Electricains are on a Qashqai.
We will try and fit one of our cameras to the unit and find where the wiring loom is  for them
Iced_Ink View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iced_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 10:04am
Hi Aces did you have any luck at all with the camera?
I'm often accused of eavesdropping. I just wish they'd have the guts to say it to my face
AcesDvds View Drop Down
Approved
Approved

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcesDvds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 9:26pm
Hi I ripped a Qashqai apart today at the rear looking for a camera loom but had no joy but this one did not have the conect system in it.
As soon as i get my hands on one with the conect system in it ill do the same again.
I have the cameras that fit the Qashqai now but need to know if the conection to the Qashqai is he same.

Dave

Edited by AcesDvds - 24 Oct 2011 at 9:27pm
On The Ball View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote On The Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 1:58pm
From what I've understood on here, it takes power from the licence plate light and the input wires have to be fed round to the Connect unit - is that right?

My Tekna didn't come with a Connect, I put it in - but I was under the impression I'd still be able to add a nice Hong Kong ebay camera? Aces' post makes me think I won't be able to.....
08, Cafe Latte Tekna with chocolate leather - and a new Connect from ebay for £112....
AcesDvds View Drop Down
Approved
Approved

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcesDvds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 2:58pm
Hi
When you fitted the Conect was there an RCA input for camera on the set as i havent taken one of these out as yet if you can remove yours and have a look and send me a picture i will tell you if the ones i have can be conected to your conect.
You will need also to see if there is a trigger feed to tell the camera the car is in reverse and it will need another feed from the rear also,but if the number plate light is not a perminent feed only comes live when lights are on this will not be any good as camera will only work when lights are turned on to give it the live feed
the stig View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Some Say, Others Don't!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the stig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 8:35pm

for the camera to work it needs a camera control module and this is fitted in the boot behind the panel on the right side of the boot i did have a pic of this i will see if i can find it and report back LOL

even better i have the system diagram for the camera showing all that is needed to know pm me your email address and i will gladly send it to you

Edited by the stig - 25 Oct 2011 at 8:48pm
60 reg QQ 1.5 n-tec ""as of 18.11.13i'm now an ex qashqai owner but i will still keep popping in from time to time to see if i can be of help""
the stig View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Some Say, Others Don't!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the stig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 9:44pm
found it this is a pic from someone on e-bay this is the bit you need or i doubt very much a camera will work you will just get a blue screen for a guess
60 reg QQ 1.5 n-tec ""as of 18.11.13i'm now an ex qashqai owner but i will still keep popping in from time to time to see if i can be of help""
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote On The Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 9:58pm
What's the link/auction ID for that?
08, Cafe Latte Tekna with chocolate leather - and a new Connect from ebay for £112....
the stig View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Some Say, Others Don't!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the stig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 10:04pm
dont know that was quite a while ago but you could try this 1 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170660632892
heres a bit more on the subject

Edited by the stig - 25 Oct 2011 at 10:58pm
AcesDvds View Drop Down
Approved
Approved

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcesDvds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 3:30pm
Hi Stig
please send me  the  system diagram for the camera showing all that is needed to know if poss please aces@acesdvds.co.uk thanks
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote On The Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 9:24pm
Darn, I don't have the camera module. No surprise really.

I can't quite make out the part number on that picture - does anyone have it?
dylan1273 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 12:57am

Edited by dylan1273 - 18 Sep 2012 at 10:39pm
dylan1273 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 10:12am

Edited by dylan1273 - 18 Sep 2012 at 10:40pm
slabgood View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slabgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 11:05am
Hello, I have mine on order but this post shows the terminals 41&42 as camera input, I was going to use reverse light to power the camera 12v.

Let us know if it works!
2010 Black 1.6 Acenta
dylan1273 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 11:32am
Thats excellent slabgood them pinouts on the diagram seem to marry up with my testing, well the 6volt output to the camera pin 43 does anyway  so assuming the other 2 are correct it all should work, iam still trying to source a genuine reverse camera as soon as i get one i will test it.  btw i think iam going to buy another £11 patch lead so i can canabilise the pin connections from the terminal block and add them to my fitted patch lead for the camera input and 6volt output pins

Edited by dylan1273 - 01 Nov 2011 at 1:10pm
dylan1273 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 10:22pm
Right got the camera today and was desperate to check it worked so tonight i added some pins to the patch lead teminal (you know the £11 mic lead), pins 44-43-42-41   camera supply negative, camera supply positive+6volt, camera image shield, camera image signal.  connected them up to the camera and selected reverse, hey presto the camera works and diplays on the connect sat nav screen,   this is with a genuine Nissan 6volt reverse camera, if you have the aftermarket 12volt one then you will need to take the feed off the reverse light or pin 25 on the patch lead(both supply 12volt when in reverse).
just got to mount the camera now and run the leads to the connect unit, hopefully do this tomorrow

Edited by dylan1273 - 05 Nov 2011 at 11:32pm
slabgood View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slabgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 10:34am
Cool diagram, I'm hoping mine will work too, I have all the parts, although a cheap china camera. If only I was ever allowed time off at the weekend from decorating to try it...
2010 Black 1.6 Acenta
dylan1273 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan1273 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 2:19pm

Edited by dylan1273 - 18 Sep 2012 at 10:41pm
Iced_Ink View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iced_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 6:34pm
you reckon this could end up as something that could be purchased?
billyboy1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyboy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 9:25pm
hi stig it would be great if you could send me a copy for camera upgrade as i would like to fit mine. my e/mail address is watsonwilliam1478@yahoo.co.uk. many thanks billyboy1
the stig View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Some Say, Others Don't!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the stig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 9:41pm
hi billyboy the only thing ive got at the min is the diagram on this post http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/patch-lead-5-weeks_topic5539_page1.html
hope it helps
billyboy1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyboy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 11:00pm
thanks for that stigg
audidoodie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audidoodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 6:02pm
Hi
Ive just got my new qashqai 1.6dci which had the 6 cd changer fitted and reversing sensors.
I have also bought a refurbished Connect system and fitted it OK and works well.
I would like to fit a reversing camera now using your photo for connections.

I temporarily connected a camera to the cigar lighter for constant power to the camera, and connected the video cable & screen to the pins you outline on the rear of the connect.
Nothing, not even a blue screen.
Am I doing anything wrong or are there any further connections I need to make.
Any possibility in you shedding some light on the matter??
Thanks for any help you can offer
Errol
errols1
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 6:19pm
only certain connects have the software to allow cameras (some nissans have the connect but no cameras so the software isnt installed) , if its a connect that has camera capabilitys you should get a blue screen when reverse is selected 
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
CYBOPOB View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CYBOPOB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2012 at 10:07am
I have managed to wire in the original Nissan camera to my newly fitted Connect. Thanks for the pictures!
Qashqai Accenta 2.0 Petrol
billyboy1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyboy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 12:46am
billyboy1 any chance you could send me the pictures
billyboy1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyboy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2014 at 5:42pm
hi all has anyone been able to fit the reverse camera in yet and if so can you post pics and tell what you need thanks
rayhertford View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayhertford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 3:40pm
Hi Dylan

So these cables just connect into the connector straight into the back of a compatable "connect" unit? No need for the inline "box" of electronics shown in some other threads? Just these four connections straight into the back of the connect unit?

Originally posted by dylan1273 dylan1273 wrote:

Right got the camera today and was desperate to check it worked so tonight i added some pins to the patch lead teminal (you know the £11 mic lead), pins 44-43-42-41   camera supply negative, camera supply positive+6volt, camera image shield, camera image signal.  connected them up to the camera and selected reverse, hey presto the camera works and diplays on the connect sat nav screen,   this is with a genuine Nissan 6volt reverse camera, if you have the aftermarket 12volt one then you will need to take the feed off the reverse light or pin 25 on the patch lead(both supply 12volt when in reverse).
just got to mount the camera now and run the leads to the connect unit, hopefully do this tomorrow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic