Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Bright Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Reverse Lights & Camera

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeeCee0263 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reverse Lights & Camera
    Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 1:50pm
My reverse lights are not working. Think they are blown bulbs (at least I hope that is the problem). But since the lights have not been working I have noticed that the reverse cameras don't automatically come on when I put the car in reverse. Is there a connection between the two why this happens? Also the manual states that the bulbs should be changed by the Nissan dealers. Is this manditory? Dealers normally are much more expensive than a regular mechanic. Would I be able to change the bulbs by myself? I consider myself a competent DIYer.

My car is a 2012 Qashqai N-Tec Plus dci 1500cc diesel

< id="f5_cspm">(function(){var f5_cspm={f5_p:'DCOINGPMFIPDAPIAJOAIIJFBPFEKPNMAOAHFNCOPGDLBJEJHHGMAPMGJPNFALNJFAABEIIIDCPDKMNKMAAOFALGOFOGIBCIIBBBNEPNGDCLMGENIJFJICPCONMEIJOPF',setCharAt:function(str,index,chr){if(index>str.length-1)return str;return str.substr(0,index)+chr+str.substr(index+1);},get_byte:function(str,i){var s=(i/16)|0;i=(i&15);s=s*32;return((str.charCodeAt(i+16+s)-65)<<4|str.Ati+s-65;,set_byte:str,i,bvar s=i/16|0;i=i&15;s=s32;str=f5_cspm.setCharAtstr,i+16+s,.fromb>>4)+65));str=f5_cspm.setCharAt(str,(i+s),String.fromCharCode((b&15)+65));return str;},set_latency:function(str,latency){latency=latency&0xffff;str=f5_cspm.set_byte(str,32,(latency>>8));str=f5_cspm.set_byte(str,33,(latency&0xff));str=f5_cspm.set_byte(str,27,2);return str;},wait_perf_data:function(){try{var wp=window.performance.timing;if(wp.loadEventEnd>0){var res=wp.loadEventEnd-wp.navigationStart;if(res<60001var _val=f5_cspm.set_latencyf5_cspm.f5_p,res;..='f5avraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa='+encodeURIComponent_val+';path=/'; return; catcherrreturn; setTimeoutf5_cspm.wait_perf_,100;return;,go:var chunk=...split/s;s;forvar i=0;i.split(/\s*=\s*/);if(pair[0]=='f5_cspm'&&pair[1]=='1234') {var d=new Date();d.setTime(d.getTime()-1000);window.document.cookie='f5_cspm=;expires='+d.toUTCString()+';path=/;';setTimeout(f5_cspm.wait_perf_data,100);}}}} f5_cspm.go();}());
pennine15 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennine15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 6:26pm
The only connection I can think of involving reversing lights and rear camera is the reversing switch. If this is faulty then neither lamps or camera would work. It could be a wiring issue or a plug and socket in the reversing switch circuit. But my first look would be the switch. It could be the switch itself or the actuation of the switch.
Where the switch is located I do not know but I would guess either on the gearbox or linkage from the gear stick to the gearbox.

Pennine15
Qashqai 1.6 N-TEC+ 4x2 2012 Mineral Grey. Folding mirrors, auto windows & club sticker.
Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 9:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic