UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Exterior.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Roof Bars

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roof Bars
    Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 9:53pm
Hello All

Im looking at getting the roof bars for my QQ. 
Its an 07 model with panoramic roof. I've spoken to a couple of dealers, one who gave me the part number and the other said I wouldn't be able to fit the Nissan one because of the way its secured or the strength of the roof(he clearly wasn't sure himself). Has anyone fit roof bars to theirs?
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
THE REAL BLING KING!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 10:54pm
i have tried for 2 years to get this sorted...i wanted the roof bars myself...
ok here it is... i think the bars are either £200 or £400 each, plus fitting which was a silly price due to removal of the interior lining then drilling through the roof to secure...and they wasnt sure if they would take a load either.....????
i was told not to bother as it would void warranty...even through a dealership...something to do with rust issues????? iirc

on the other hand nissan was suppossed to be bringning out a retro fit kit for us non roof rail boys n girls but have heard nothing since...
they do some oe like on ebay but again not load bearing only cosmetic... i think they secure by several self tapping screws...
if i do anything it will be after warranty expires..
Proud to be back in a Qashqai
J11 blade silver tekna with some added bling
Kano View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 11:19pm
I'm not sure if by roof bars you mean just a roof rack or are you looking for the standard roof rails on the newer Qashqai.
I fitted the Thule roof rack to my 57 Tekna and it doesn't have any effect on the roof glass as it sits on the metal part of the roof above the doors.
I got the kit from Halfords and have had over 100Kg of 17ft decking on the roof with no problems, just need to watch what your doing with the straps, as it gave me a fright when the metal part hit the roof when i was tying the load down and you suddenly remember its made of glass.
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
THE REAL BLING KING!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 11:23pm
good health and safety tip kanoClap

roof rack yes...roof rails yes and no  but expensive and a pain in the butt
Proud to be back in a Qashqai
J11 blade silver tekna with some added bling
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Kano Kano wrote:

............just need to watch what your doing with the straps, as it gave me a fright when the metal part hit the roof when i was tying the load down and you suddenly remember its made of glass.
Fear not Kano

According to Nissan the glass is tougher than steel, it can withstand the weight of a bear (if you've got one) and they have dropped a QQ with a glass roof upside down from a crane onto concrete and the glass cracked but did not go to pieces (like I would). 

Edited by G5 BOY - 19 Mar 2010 at 11:32am
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 12:02pm
I,m off to puchase a bearLOL
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Jeffers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 1:05pm
I recommend Bears'R'usWink
2010 QQ+2 Facelift 1.5 DCI. Tekna Pearl Black

2014 QQ 1.6 DCI x-Tronic CVT automatic Gunmetal Grey.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 2:29pm
you can probably get one from the 99p store they have everything else LOL
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
ChrisEvans View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisEvans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 8:41pm
Thanks all for the replies!!

I wanted the roof bars with the intention of getting a roof box as well. The roof bars just look nicer.
Sounds like Mr Wallet will be paying a visit to Halfords

Bodkin View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 11:35am
Question for Kano. I've just bought a Thule roof bar set and box and can't for the life of me see how I'm supposed to fit the bars where they are supposed to go under the window seal. Can you help?
Kano View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 11:37pm
When you open the door you will see the rubber seal, look under it and find the hole that the roof bar clamp goes into then take a knife and carefully cut the adhesive holding it onto the roof, only cut the adhesive not the rubber seal. When you want to fit the bars just pull the seal away from the roof and fit the clamps into the holes, i struggled with the idea that you have to cut the rubber away from the roof but the clamps just don't fit if you try to put them over the rubber trim. If your still not sure give me a shout and i'll try to put up some pictures.
cwpaters View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwpaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 1:52pm
Hi Kano

i wouldnt mind finding out with pictures the bit you are taling about cutting away if possible?

2.0 DCi Tekna
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 2:19pm
Not sure if Kano is around or not, but I also fitted roof bars so could get a photo for you if you want.

It's just the rubber seal that you have to peel away from the door frame to find the holes. I'll try to take a photo for you later...
2008 1.5dci Tekna in Cafe Latte with WHIPPET-CUSTOMISED chocolate leather and added Connect
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 5:20pm
Any chance of getting a photo of those seals as well?
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 5:51pm
I will do my best...
2008 1.5dci Tekna in Cafe Latte with WHIPPET-CUSTOMISED chocolate leather and added Connect
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:47am
It was a bit dark and rainy but hopefully this will give you the idea.
The first pic shows which seal covers the roof bar holes, the second pic shows where you need to peel the seal away to find the hole. I didn't get any pictures of the back.

Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 10:48am
This should give an idea of where you need to look for the back ones:

mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 12:05pm
Good picsThumbs Up Thanks GemmaBig smile
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 12:14pm
No probs Thumbs Up

They are a doddle to fit once you know where to find the holes.
cwpaters View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwpaters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 1:27pm
Gemma, great thanks so much

did you get these bars from halfords? thule?
2.0 DCi Tekna
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 10:26pm
I got them second hand for £50 from someone at work who had sold his Qashqai. They are the official Nissan ones which I believe are made by Thule. It could be worth checking local ads/eBay etc; you might be lucky and come across a bargain like I did!
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 10:46pm
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 3:27pm
I think I've screwed up - literally!!

I've just got the same bars as in Gemma's pictures (except they have the silver bar) off Ebay.

Gave them a clean and thought I'd get them on to see how tey look.

Found the Holes in the Framework of Doors and screwed the screws in loosely.
Offered the bars up, attached the metal foot over the screw in Door frame.
Tightened up the feet then tightened the screw in the door.

Fabulous - they look great...

Went to take them off, loosened screw in door, loosened footplate - unhooked and removed.
BUT
Now the two back screws are stuck in the door frame. Shocked
The locating lug you screw into just keeps on turning... they won't go in, they won't come out!!

Thankfully I only did the front ones loose they do come out - but will they do the same when i do it up properly?

Is this normal or am I in trouble?
Anyone out there with these.... please help!

Edited by gadget - 21 May 2011 at 4:12pm
Alan66 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 7:50pm
Has anyone got to the bottom of this subject of fitting roof side rails, that will hold two cross rails for carrying luggage etc on the roof? My car a 2008 2Lt Tekna was in the Nissan dealership today for a Major service and I thought if they had them I would have a pair fitted.  The sales guy I spoke to said that they were only fitted at the factory on new cars and Nissan don't supply them for fitting later on in the cars life. He did say that you can get after market ones, but whether they were load bearing ones he did not know. So, does anyone know through there own experience, if there are tapped holes under the rubber strip, where the side rails would be fastened to. If so, where can you buy the load bearing side rails from with, complete confidence that the are the correct ones?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic