Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > NONONO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Roof Boxes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roof Boxes
    Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 10:51am
Hi all,

I'm just seeing who has roof boxes on their QQ, if so which make and model and where you got it from? If you have web links that would help as i need to check the dimensions for storage in the shed so need to make sure it fits.

Doing a bit of advance planning as it won't be needed till next year when look to go on holiday camping/caravan. My needs are that in the boot will be a pram and whatever else can fit in there (pram takes up 80% of space), i'll have two kids in the back seats (one will be 3 and the other around 7 months old (not yet born)) so that take up most of that space up then will need all our stuff for me and the better half...

Thanks in advance for any help and information,

Richard...

2013 360 1.5dCi Gun Metallic
Add-ons
Genuine: Mudflaps, Space Saver and Cross Bars.
3rd Party: DRL, Viper Side Bars, Fitted Blinds, Door Sill Plate, Interior Non-slip Door Mats, Auto Mirror Kit.
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 8:32pm
I've done some looking around as I too want to take the family on a camping and riding holiday. Plan is for a boot load of stuff, bikes on the towbar and a roof rack for other bits.

I am quite particular about my requirements though. I don't want over hanging bars and want as low of a profile as possible. Realistically I'm looking at 2 sets. The Thule 9583 wing-bar edge or an actual Nissan ones.

Roof box will probs be a halfords Exodus one to match the bike carrier. And to keep the theme I'll most likely go with the Nissan bars.

Plenty of stuff on the market, just got to make your mind up.

Ant
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 9:22pm
I managed to get the official Nissan ones on here (the ones I think you were after as well)...  I've been looking around and due to storage space requirements to have the box stored when not in use I'm going for this one;

I can get Halfords vouchers at 10% off and then I also have a further 10% discount in store, so it breaks down like this...

Thule Touring 100 - RRP £254.95
In Store Discount 10% - £25.50
In Store Price With Discount - £229.45

Halfords Vouchers - RRP £220.00
Discount 10% - £22.00
Total Cost Of Vouchers - £198.00

Total Savings - £47.50
Total Item Cost With Savings - £207.45

Edit: Clarification of comments above to put into better context...

Edited by MoogleUK - 07 Sep 2015 at 9:29pm
Add-ons
3rd Party: DRL, Viper Side Bars, Fitted Blinds, Door Sill Plate, Interior Non-slip Door Mats, Auto Mirror Kit.
MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 11:28am
I've got the above and boy was it easy attaching to the roof...  With the fast clip system makes it so easy and quick to attach to the roof bars on my own without any help (bonus as my better half is 8 months pregnant right now)...

I recommend the Thule brand with this system rather than the U bolt systems I have seen on cheaper versions...
Add-ons
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic