Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Reviews 2006 - 2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Roof Rails

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roof Rails
    Posted: 20áOctá2016 at 11:54am
Does anyone know if it is possible to buy and fit the side roof rails, that will then take two cross rails for carrying awkward shaped objects? My car is a Qasqai 2008 2Lt  Tekna front wheel drive. It is the only thing I wish, that they had been fitted as standard.
__chris__ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __chris__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJaná2018 at 3:58pm
There's a firm in Belfast that advertises on Ebay which sells an aftermarket version for about ú110. It screws into the roof and comes supplied with the cross bars which you can take off if you want to have a more streamlined look. 
My research has found that the pre-facelift models like ours (i.e. pre-2010) didn't have these as an option, so even if you were to buy a set of rails from a breaker (and they would need to be from a pre-2014 car) it is unlikely that the mounting points would exist on the roof. Therefore, irrespective of whether original or aftermarket you'll still likely to have to grit your teeth and drill holes into your roof.
Learning my way around a nice shiny black 08 plated 2.0 Tekna 2WD.
Alan66 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áJaná2018 at 7:12am
Thank you for the info, I will try and get in touch with that company to find out at few more details. 
__chris__ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __chris__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áJaná2018 at 5:40pm
Here you go.

https://www.bragan.net/4x4-accessories/nissan/qashqai-2007-2014/roof-rails/2006-2014-nissan-qashqai-oe-stye-roof-rails-cross-ladder-bars.html

Learning my way around a nice shiny black 08 plated 2.0 Tekna 2WD.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic