UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J11 Qashqai 2014 - > J11 Equipment, Extras, Add Ons and Aftersales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Roof Rails????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna
East Riding of Yorkshire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roof Rails????
    Posted: 05 May 2015 at 2:02pm
Hi all...

Does anyone have any experience of using a roof bag on their QQ with pano roof?

Thinking of getting a bag to go on top of my 2015 Qashqai, something like this...

http://www.skidrive.co.uk/streetwize-swrb9.html?gclid=CPXdmP3SqsUCFfMZtAodTU0Ang

Probably only use it once or twice a year if that so can't justify outlaying for rails and roof box.  Seems to just strap to the rails without needing any bars or anything. Just a bit concerned about any adverse effects on the glass roof.

Thanks!

64: Qashqai 1.5 Dci Ntec+,
Pearl White!
62: Qashqai 1.5 Dci NTec+, Arctic White!
10: Qashqai 1.5 Dci NTec, Arctic White!
08: Qashqai 1.5 Dci Visia, Pear Black!
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:15pm
Hi all, I've had my J11 for a few months now and am off for a few days away and, as usual, I need to put my roof box on the car to be bale to take all our stuff with us. Not a problem on J10 as my N-Tec had roof rails but my J11 Acenta Premium doesn't have them. I don't like the new Thule rubber feet and brackets that 'hold' the bars in place (scratches, dents etc etc) so I had a look at the rear of the black plastic strip on the roof of my J11 and found the two holes where the roof rails are attached on higher spec models but there is some kind of rivet in the two holes and assume it to be the same at the front.

My question is: does anyone know or has already retrospectively fitted roof rails on their J11? Are the captive bolts still in place on the inside of the roof? I've seen plenty of rails for sale but need to know if it's possible to fit them?

2010 N-Tec 1.5dci Café Latte NOW SOLD!
Proud owner of 2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium, upgrades to follow!! Still lovin' it everyday!
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 1:29pm
Going to try Nissan themselves as it doesn't look as though anyone on here has had any experience of doing this.

Proud owner of 2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium, upgrades to follow!! Still lovin' it everyday!
Thatguyirl View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatguyirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Lee'71 Lee'71 wrote:

Going to try Nissan themselves as it doesn't look as though anyone on here has had any experience of doing this.

Hey.

Did you have any joy with Nissan? Is it possible to retro fit without drilling/making holes?
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 7:05pm
Phoned Nissan UK customer service (based in Paris by the way!!) who couldn't answer my question and just gave me the telephone number for my local Nissan bodyshop. I took it to my local Nissan bodyshop and was told it should be possible but I'd need to buy them and take them in for them to have a look at but as they are fitted to cars with a glass roof then he thinks they should be able to do it (?!!) but I'm not spending the money on them to find out it's not possible!!

So, I'm no closer to an answer other than it MAY be possible.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic