UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J11 Qashqai 2014 - > J11 Hints, Tips and How To...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Safety Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna
NO STRESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Applauso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Safety Issue
    Posted: 21áMará2017 at 1:29pm
Today in the works car park I saw a Mini completely destroyed by fire. It went up in flames after the owner had left it. It only took less than 2 minutes to be completely on fire.  Here is a link to see it:

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/hoole-fire-drama-car-goes-12633233

My question is if you had parked up to pop into a shop for a loaf of bread or something and left somebody in the car but also locked the car how would they get out? I have tried  locking somebody in and it was impossible to get out. I have yet to see if the locks can be opened from he inside if the alarm is deactivated. I'm hoping they can as it made me feel sick thinking of the consequences.
1.6 Tekna Gun metallic
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áMará2017 at 3:41pm
In what area do you live, that you have to lock the car with someone sitting still inside??
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áMará2017 at 4:20pm
You should never ever lock a car if there is an adult or child inside! Very irresponsible and dangerous.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
Applauso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
NO STRESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Applauso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áMará2017 at 4:36pm
You're both missing the point entirely.

Scenario 2. You are driving along the motorway. You have locked your doors as you may be a single woman on her own. You breakdown as your car has suffered an electrical meltdown. You get to the hard shoulder and you can't unlock the doors. The car bursts into flames.

Discuss.

Edited by Applauso - 21áMará2017 at 4:40pm
1.6 Tekna Gun metallic
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áMará2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Applauso Applauso wrote:

Y...as your car has suffered an electrical meltdown. ...

Sorry, a highly unrealistic scenario IMHO. I'm driving for over 40 years now - never ever had a car an "electrical meltdown" ...
In earlier times - when the cars didn't have the autolock feature - I never ever locked the doors of my cars - BTW whoever could jump into a driving car on the motorway... Wink
When a car is locked by the nowadays autolock feature, you can always and every time open it from the inside manually.
Applauso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
NO STRESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Applauso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áMará2017 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Udo2009 Udo2009 wrote:

Y...as your car has suffered an electrical meltdown. ...

Sorry, a highly unrealistic scenario IMHO. I'm driving for over 40 years now - never ever had a car an "electrical meltdown" ...
In earlier times - when the cars didn't have the autolock feature - I never ever locked the doors of my cars - BTW whoever could jump into a driving car on the motorway... Wink
When a car is locked by the nowadays autolock feature, you can always and every time open it from the inside manually.

But I saw it in front of my own eyes in the works car park. Watch the link I posted.
Regarding locking the car on a motorway and being a single woman I will yet again make it a little easier to understand. You may be a single Woman driving around a city or area which may not be home to the most desirable of people so you lock your doors. Then you car experiences an electrical malfunction. Then it goes on fire. I agree this is highly unlikely to happen but it could AND has happened! I just think there should be some way of getting out without having to smash a window.
1.6 Tekna Gun metallic
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áMará2017 at 6:32pm
I reckon if electrical failure then the only way would be to smash the window. This is easily done as most headrests come completely out of seat and you use the two metal poles/supports to smash the glass.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áMará2017 at 7:28pm

Today in the works car park I saw a Mini completely destroyed by fire. It went up in flames after the owner had left it. It only took less than 2 minutes to be completely on fire.  Here is a link to see it:

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/hoole-fire-drama-car-goes-12633233

My question is if you had parked up to pop into a shop for a loaf of bread or something and left somebody in the car but also locked the car how would they get out? I have tried  locking somebody in and it was impossible to get out. I have yet to see if the locks can be opened from he inside if the alarm is deactivated. I'm hoping they can as it made me feel sick thinking of the consequences.
-------------------------------------i understand where your coming from applauso,dont take the bait from other replies has i have had these same members reply to one of my recent posts with there stupid qoutes,imo i think someone is looking for a argument.
there are plenty of reasons why someone would be locked in a car,example:while i wait for my wife picking her up from work.
ps.looks like zero crime rate in germanyWink
qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áMará2017 at 9:29pm
Not seeking an argument - just trying to understand...

I often don't see problems where other people see problems galore... sorry 'bout that...

chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áMará2017 at 9:35am
The QQ manual on the section if you are trapped inside says "open or break the drivers door window".

I have never broken a car window so I don't know how easy this would be.

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áJulá2017 at 12:46am
Intereting that the person you lcked in, could not get out. It means that your car is equipped with so called "Superlock". Nissan install these primarily for Asian and Russian market. In such case, person locked in with no key, is unable to get out.
You can still go to Nissan dealer and ask them to reprogram your BCM module where Superlock can be disabled permanently. To feel even more safe, you can replace door locks (the ones you have with Superlock) for a regular ones. Thus you can open the car anytime by just pulling off the door opener handle :).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic