UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

SARIS BONES 3 Bike Carrier

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve2408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SARIS BONES 3 Bike Carrier
    Posted: 17áJulá2017 at 12:17pm
Hi,

I have a 2011 Qashqai, I am looking at getting a Saris Bones 3 Bike Carrier.
I spoke to a guy at Nissan and he mentioned this type of carrier, it also has some good reviews.
The only negative information I have come across is about the clips which attach to the body work of the car, some people say they can damaged your car.

Has any members have this type of bike carrier and if there's any advice  regarding this type of carrier.

ThanksSmile

Craig Broadbent View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig Broadbent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áJulá2017 at 12:52pm
Qashqai Q11 (20124+) has large plastic roof spoiler.  
The Saris bones requires fitting to roof top edge, so it needs to pass this spoiler.
The tensioning cables should have a straight run, otherwise paint will rub off (minor issue) and tension lost (major concern).
It will at least need to be very high on the vehicle to keep clear of the spoiler, and feet on the glass so your rear vision will be bad.
I expect you will also need electrics and a light board if you want to stay legal.

A new alternative just coming out is,

keeps bikes to the rear and easy to load/unload.
Craig
Qashqai 1.2 Acenta
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic