UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > In Car Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

SatNav keeps saying no SD card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frabjous fabrica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SatNav keeps saying no SD card
    Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 11:16am
We have a 63 reg 360 QQ which we bought 2nd hand from a Nissan Dealer in May 18.  After about a month we kept getting the message "NO SD CARD USE ONLY NISSAN SD CARDS" (or words to that effect) coming up and we assumed that it happened if we hit a bit of bumpy road.  On taking the card out (which was actually still in position) and replacing it, the satnav would reset and read the card as before.  This would happen occasionally to begin with but after a further month or so it would happen more and more frequently.  The satnav would reset itself if the engine was turned off.  We also noticed that the map was still active behind the message.
On contacting the dealer we were first told that the card would be replaced free of charge if we went to the service department.  However on going to the service department we were advised that the message was coming up because the card was out of date and we needed buy a new one.
We are sure that when we bought the car we were informed that when the car was serviced by a Nissan dealer the card would automatically be updated, so we assumed that the card was up to date.
The number on it is 25920 BH00E.
I think that the service dept. employee was just "flying a kite" when she said the message was appearing because the card was out of date and we were not entitled to a free replacement.
Any advice would be appreciated.
FF
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 11:36am
Not a problem I've read about before.

Cards don't stop working because they're out of date - but equally you're not entitled to a free replacement at a service.

I presume you've tried cleaning the contacts on the card - rather more tricky cleaning the ones in the unit...

EDIT - it's also MUCH cheaper to buy a new card through contacts on here - but note it may not solve your problem?

Looks like yours is the original one which came with the car - check out http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/connect-sd-card-version-numbers-connect1_topic15475.html

Edited by gloucester - 28 Dec 2018 at 11:39am
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07 on order
frabjous fabrica View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frabjous fabrica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2018 at 12:01pm
Many thanks.  We'll go back to the dealer to begin with
FF
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 8:06pm
Do you know any other QQ owners from which you could 'borrow' their SD card?    A Forum member can provide cards for £50(?), but still a lot to pay if it doesn't fix the problem :(
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
frabjous fabrica View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frabjous fabrica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 8:13pm
That's a good idea, but I'm pretty sure I only know of one person, and they've been provided with a brand new QQ by their employer.  Would their card be likely to work in our 2013 version do you think?  I'll try anyway when I can catch her in.
Thanks for the suggestion.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic