UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Seat Belt Sensor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wavey_Davey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seat Belt Sensor
    Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 3:40pm
Scratching my head with this one.

I have a 2010 1.5 Qashqai and when my son is sitting on the back seat, all buckled up and safe (click clunk every trip) the seat belt alarm will ping at me after about two minutes driving and will keep going off at random intervals.

After doing a search on here I am reading that some people cut the wires from the buckle, not keen on this idea, while others unplug the sensor that's underneath the seat. BUT others are saying to not touch it as it will set off the airbags.

Question is, which option is the one that will fix this as it gets really rather annoying incredibly quickly, then my son chimes in that he hasn't touched it which moves the case from annoying to damn right irritating.

Any help with this one will be gratefully received.

Thanks
Targetmark View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Targetmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:22pm
does it do it on a certain seat  belt?
Or all 3 ?
NTEC 1.5 DCI
ALL MODE 1.6 DCI
tommy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 5:00pm
hi I had the same problem with my n/s/r passenger seat belt and on investigation I found that one of the wires were broken and was making and breaking contact when it was being used, changed the seat belt buckle and cured the problem, I have a 2010 1.6 qashqai. Hope this helps.
Wavey_Davey View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wavey_Davey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 8:52am
Target, it's just on the one seat. Going to see if I can find a new buckle to see if that cures it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic