Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Seats cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seats cleaning
    Posted: 31áMará2016 at 3:28pm
Can anyone recommend a good cleaner for the seats and door arm rests. They're cloth and have got quite grubby.

Thanks
Vic
2007 1.6i Acenta, Met Orange
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áAprá2016 at 1:37pm
While I have not had cloth seats for a while,I find all the products from autoglym to be very good at what they say.
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áAprá2016 at 4:08pm
A steam iron and paper towels....

Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
vic21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áAprá2016 at 2:40pm
Thank you bryan3 and Pro7het for your suggestions. I have used Autoglym products but not for a very long time now. Will give it a go. Not heard of the steam iron idea before but will bare that in mind.

Thank you both again
Vic
2007 1.6i Acenta, Met Orange
carlgoss View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlgoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áJuná2017 at 3:47pm
Think I'm going to invest in Autoglym leather cleaner and leather care balm. Sounds good enough to put on your skin too.Tongue 6.99 and 8.27 respectively at Amazon. I see a lot of detailers using a block brush to apply the cleaner, then cleaning off with microfibre cloths. If it's not already getting expensive enough I bought a handheld steam cleaner from Lidl for 16.99 which is brilliant. Before we bought it our Tekna had been set upon by, first, a small child with a real liking of sugary biscuits, all the holes stuffed up with crumbs. Followed by a rather lack lustre valeting guy at the garage who sprayed cleaner all over the leather to get rid of the crumbs, only to clog the holes with cleaner which then dried. I'm pleased to say the final pre-sales valet was better, and I'm looking forward to having a go myself.
Tekna DCI110 Nightshade
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic