UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Service Type and Intervals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdemetri2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Service Type and Intervals
    Posted: 17áFebá2016 at 2:27pm
Hi 

Am sure I already posted before, but I still can't post anywhere else....so here goes: 

I have a Qashqai Acenta 1.6 Diesel (2012), purchased from a Nissan dealers back in March 2015.

The dealers at the time of purchase said they carried out a minor service. In October 2015 the car notification popped up to say service was due so took it in and had a major done. 

Now, I've just received an email from the dealers saying a service is due! I suspect automated from their original minor in march 15....which I'm thinking to ignore and go by the car (18k miles I believe) or annual, which ever comes first. 

I've seen lots of posts refer to alternating between minor / major, but is that on an annual basis or should  a minor be done in between?

Currently the car has had:

M1 @ 19,010 miles 21.06.13 (minor?)
M2@ 38,288 miles 14.03.14 (major?)
Minor @ 50,919 miles 04.03.15
Major @ 58,166 miles 10.10.15

My question is: for every 18k miles (when car notifies) or annually (whichever comes first) I should be taking the car in for a service and alternating between major / minor. 

So essentially the next service should be a Minor @ 76,166 or on 10.10.16 - whichever comes first. 
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áFebá2016 at 3:26pm
The old Servicing used to be M1, M2, M3. It has now been replaced (in the last 12 months I believe) with Minor & Major only.
If they did a minor in March '15then they should really have turned you away in October as you hadn't covered the mileage to warrant it.
Personally I would have them reset your service interval on the car, and update their records to show you are not due one (a minor one) until October '16. Unless of course you cover the mileage before that point.
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
mdemetri2 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdemetri2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áFebá2016 at 5:52am
Thanks gadget, appreciated!

I'll do as you suggest. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic