FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club
Thanks to our sponsor for their support

Servicing costs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tazwackit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Servicing costs
    Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:54pm
Hello
Can anyone give me an opinion on the maintenance costs of a qashqai - mine has just had its 2yr service and I have been told that I need new brake pads and that the brake discs need replacing at a cost of £270 in the 20months that I have had my car it has had 2 new tyres £300 - it's first service £250 plus a 2 service £250 this seems to me to be a high running cost for a car that has only done 15500 miles
Am I just being tight?! But as the next service is (I am told) an expensive one the cost of running the car seems v high!
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 1:24pm
Your not being tight, but guess your tied under warranty??
Seriously thinking of using "Mr Local" once my Warranty is up.... Nissan can be expensive.
As for the brakes - I reckon they use soft metal cos everyone moans about how long they don't last!!
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 1:30pm
As I understand it.........you can use 'Mr Local' during warranty without any adverse effect as long as they are VAT registered and use Nissan parts.

Everything is expensive these days unless it's made in China by a 10 year old.

EDIT: just been out to look at my QQ - 20,000 miles - tyres look like new as do the disks - can't see the pads.  Not much help I know, but is yours a mk.1 (maybe they improved the disk quality) and are you heavy footed and swerve round corners braking hard to do your tyres in so fast? Wink

Edited by G5 BOY - 15 Dec 2011 at 1:36pm
QQ1-2007 Fired Iron 2.0 Tekna CVT 4WD
QQ2-2010 Magnetic Red +2 2.0 Tekna CVT 4WD
QQ3-2013 Gun Metallic 2.0 Tekna CVT
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 1:35pm
G5 is right - dont let a Nissan dealer tell you it must be serviced by them
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. If I agreed with you we’d both be wrong.
tommy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 2:35pm
I have replaced my front pads and discs over a year ago, i did the job my self. It is not a hard job to do. I used Blue print, it is a Japanies product and it is they that manufactures the original equipment, it cost me £120, any after market outlet will be able to get them for you, just insist that you want blue print, they still look as good the day i fitted them. tommy
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
CTR Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 2:37pm
Thumbs Up cheers tommy
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade, Detailer (CTR Detailing), AFMC, ACWC,SAC , Now a 2013 1.5dci Tekna in arctic white with stone leather interior :)
balithbe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balithbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 4:38pm
I did the same on mine using Blue Print parts,did front & rear pads & discs,replaced at 50,000 miles,cost me £160 to buy parts,did the job myself 
57 reg 1.5 dci Visia Faded Denim,no extras just the Qashqai. UPDATE 61 reg 1.5 DCI N Tec Magnetic Red, auto mirror kit now fitted.UPDATE Now with personal reg number.
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

As I understand it.........you can use 'Mr Local' during warranty without any adverse effect as long as they are VAT registered and use Nissan parts.

Everything is expensive these days unless it's made in China by a 10 year old.

EDIT: just been out to look at my QQ - 20,000 miles - tyres look like new as do the disks - can't see the pads.  Not much help I know, but is yours a mk.1 (maybe they improved the disk quality) and are you heavy footed and swerve round corners braking hard to do your tyres in so fast? Wink

20K and still looking good? Very impressive - which ones are they? The Michelins?
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
paulyoung666 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulyoung666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

EDIT: just been out to look at my QQ - 20,000 miles - tyres look like new

they may look like new , but there is no way on this earth that they have the tread they used to have , is there .......
pearl black 1.5dci ntec qashqai , full of HID & LED goodness ..., the name is Paul by the way ...
BlackTenka Bill View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackTenka Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 6:56pm
Just paid nissan £245 to do the front brakes disc and pads done. Depending on what you drive the service costs are high IMOHO. I have a 1.6 petrol.
1.6 Dci Tekna with 4WD to replace two 1.6 petrol Qashqai Tekna's/Metalic Pearl Black/Mats/No Chrome Trims/Black Roof Rails/Born 31 May 2007, 28 May 2009 and 14 September 2013.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic