UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

servicing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marky mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: servicing
    Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 10:54pm
Hi guy's

Looking for some help and advice again.

Over the moon with my new QQ+2, but do have a question.

I was told when I picked up the car that the service intervals were every 12500 miles, but on the computer in the car it says that the service isn't due for nearly 19,000 miles. I rang the dealer and he said that the computer must be right. Can anyone help please.

Thanks

Mark
Cheers

Marky Mark
2010 QQ+2 Pearl Black 2.0 DCI Tekna - SAC Member
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2010 at 10:58pm
Its definately 12,500 as I ask the same Q my 1.6 Acenta  had been set at 18,000 by dealer but it got serviced every year. 
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 8:58am
They (Nissan) need to reset the service interval duration MarkyThumbs Up
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
kingarthur64 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingarthur64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 10:09am
Once again I can't believe that dealerships (assuming this is a Nissan dealership) do not know the service requirements of their vehicles they are selling/repairing/servicing. It is quite amazing. Did the guy spoken seriously think that QQ's get serviced at 19k or more!
This in my opinion just goes to highlight the ineptitude of some dealers or persons working there (not all mind you some do a decent job).
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 10:54am
Wonder if teh car was originally destined for Ireland..didn't someone make a post stating that service intervals for Irish QQ was 18-19,000 miles?  No-one could think of a reason why?
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 12:23pm
Dealer set mine to 18,000, wonder why I am now with a new dealer who is 50 mile away from me. LOL
kingarthur64 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingarthur64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 12:42pm
Amazing isn't it, if anything you would expect them to set it 'low' to encourage people to come back and have a service earlier than needed, not the other way round!
Marky mark View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marky mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 1:55pm

I have leased my QQ directly from Nissan, and as you know the monthly cost you pay is based on the cost of the vehicle from new, your annual mileage and what the residual cost will be at the end of the term. I do a high(ish) mileage each year 20,000pa, so I was wondering if Nissan looked at my predicted mileage and altered the QQ’s management system for that reason - hence 18-19K service intervals. I only mention this as the dealer doesn't seem to know, and a friend of mine works for Zyteck Engineering who design and manufacture car management systems; he says that the servicing intervals and the engine can be altered to suit the driving requirements.

Also my service book has had photo copied pages cut out and stuck over the existing pages throughout the book, and know where does it say what the service intervals are!!

So why change the service book if the service intervals are still at 12.5K????

When questioned, the dealer said that as it’s the new QQ 2011 version of the car that Nissan have made improvements to the engine, and as a result have probably changed the service intervals to keep in line with other rivals in the market, such as Citroen C Crosser, Peugeot 4007, Mitsubishi Outlander, ASX and VW Touran.........he didn't exactly convince me.......

Confused of Lichfield.

Cheers

Marky Mark
2010 QQ+2 Pearl Black 2.0 DCI Tekna - SAC Member
BlackTenka Bill View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackTenka Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 2:57pm

"Also my service book has had photo copied pages cut out and stuck over the existing pages throughout the book, and know where does it say what the service intervals are!!"

Well dodgyThumbs Down
1.6 Dci Tekna with 4WD to replace two 1.6 petrol Qashqai Tekna's/Metalic Pearl Black/Mats/No Chrome Trims/Black Roof Rails/Born 31 May 2007, 28 May 2009 and 14 September 2013.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 4:31pm
Cant say I like the sound of that, doesn't look or sound official documents, be careful.
SuperMop View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

SUSPENDED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 4:35pm

Originally posted by Cowpers Cowpers wrote:

Wonder if teh car was originally destined for Ireland..didn't someone make a post stating that service intervals for Irish QQ was 18-19,000 miles?  No-one could think of a reason why?

The service interval is definitely 12,500 miles, which just happens to 20,000 KM.  They use KMs  in Ireland now, so it sounds like someone has mixed up the two standards

thats what I reckon, anyway Tongue

SuperMop View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

SUSPENDED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Marky mark Marky mark wrote:

I have leased my QQ directly from Nissan, and as you know the monthly cost you pay is based on the cost of the vehicle from new, your annual mileage and what the residual cost will be at the end of the term. I do a high(ish) mileage each year 20,000pa, so I was wondering if Nissan looked at my predicted mileage and altered the QQ’s management system for that reason - hence 18-19K service intervals. I only mention this as the dealer doesn't seem to know, and a friend of mine works for Zyteck Engineering who design and manufacture car management systems; he says that the servicing intervals and the engine can be altered to suit the driving requirements.

Also my service book has had photo copied pages cut out and stuck over the existing pages throughout the book, and know where does it say what the service intervals are!!

So why change the service book if the service intervals are still at 12.5K????

When questioned, the dealer said that as it’s the new QQ 2011 version of the car that Nissan have made improvements to the engine, and as a result have probably changed the service intervals to keep in line with other rivals in the market, such as Citroen C Crosser, Peugeot 4007, Mitsubishi Outlander, ASX and VW Touran.........he didn't exactly convince me.......

Confused of Lichfield.

The service book does have two different schedules - one for cars that cover up to 18,000 miles and one that covers in excess of 18,000 Miles.

however, both schedules are still based around an interval of 12,500 miles (or 1 year if that comes first in the lower mileage case), but the actual service items are different

rabbin8 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabbin8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 7:57pm
Renault service the 1.5dci every 18000mls, So presumeably its the same for the QQ 1.5dci.
Having said that, when mine eventually arrives it will get serviced every 12months or 10k whichever comes first. The first rule of diesel ownership, keep your filters clean.Tongue
1.5dci N-TEC Magnetic Red, blue interior LEDs Mudflaps,Wind deflectors,DRLs,Bee sting aerial and Swan neck tow bar for Elsie Elddis.
phpowell View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phpowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 9:45pm
Had my 1st yr service only last weekend , the dealers reset mine to 12,500 as per warranty in the log service book
59 Plate 1.6 Visia,Blinged Chrome.............. everything
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic