UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Interior.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Show us your phone holder!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show us your phone holder!
    Posted: 12 May 2015 at 1:41pm
I'm after a solution for holding my iPhone6. The cup holders aren't really cutting it, and I don't want it up on the windscreen as I plug it in the USB port in the armrest/storage area. So really I need something that is located centrally on the dash.

What are people using on the board?

1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 4:32pm
The Brodit holders seem to be popular and work very well. They do three different mounts for the Qashqai, one being to the side of the centre console. Have a look on their website.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
joooe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joooe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 4:50pm
I'm using one of these in the center vent, bought in a chinese store. The hook fits in the little top vertical plastic portion of the vent.

PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 4:50pm
Why would you need it out? All the controls and functions work form the steering wheel when connected by Blue Tooth I'd keep it in the arm rest away from temptation and three points!
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 5:56pm
I keep mine in jacket pocket, as above why would you need it out?
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
HEWN99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HEWN99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 6:07pm
On the previous models, was there not a special slot inside the front of the armrest, it fitted my older small phones and I think an iphone should be OK, a larger smart phone might be too large now, on the new car, there is a tray inside the armrest which suits my phone a treat and can charge it also.
57 Acenta 1.5dci Urban Silver / 08 Tekna 1.5dci Fired Iron / 10 Ntec+2 1.5dci   Mag Red
12 Ntec+2 1.6dci Flame Red / 14 Tekna 1.5dci   Flame Red / 16 NConnecta 1.5dci Flame Red
joooe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joooe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 7:03pm
I never use satnav. I use a smartphone based gps. So I need the holder.
As you can see, I stopped the rotating movement of the vent with a screw.

Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 7:42pm
Had a holder attached to the anchoring supports of the Connect...
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 8:09am
Why would I need it out? Because it's a mobile phone and I need to be in contact with people. It's more convenient for it to be in a holder than having to root around in a pocket to see what's going on. 3 points at risk or not we make our decisions and take our chances.

Some good ideas coming up here. I think the ones mounted near the stereo may be best suited to my requirements. Don't want the vents covered but thanks for posting the idea too

Cheers
Ant
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 10:45am
I'm just saying you don't need the phone out to operate it all the functions work when connected to the connect system via bluetooth.

Because I don't want to see things like this.

Edited by PR07HET - 13 May 2015 at 10:47am
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 11:08am
This topic isnt about what you can and can't do with a phone in your pocket. Its about what others use to hold their phones. As for crashing... well thats down to the individual not the phone.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 1:31pm
Mr Sensible says the QQ receives calls via the steering wheel button and to make calls for goodness sake PULL OVER (or cardigan if you prefer).

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 3:11pm
I tried the armrest this morning and the iPhone6 doesn't fit so that option is out too.

Brodit seem ok. Udo I like that one. Looks smart. Guessing yours is LHD, so as I'd want one next to me I'd also need a LHD version.
joooe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joooe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 3:34pm
Brodit is top, but expensive. Even more expensive when changing phone, as they are specific holders.
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 3:52pm
The holder is for the iPhone 3GS... - or what should LHD translate to?

Edited by Udo2009 - 13 May 2015 at 3:54pm
joooe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joooe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 5:04pm
Left Hand Drive

Edited by joooe - 13 May 2015 at 5:05pm
joooe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joooe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 5:27pm
I've been checking the Brodit accessories just out of curiosity for my car and phone and it totals around 40 pounds plus posting. Dead
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by PR07HET PR07HET wrote:

I'm just saying you don't need the phone out to operate it all the functions work when connected to the connect system via bluetooth.

--------------------------------------------
could not watch all of video,these things get my back up.
emergency services have enough stress to deal with in normal life.
someone has to go around and inform relatives,and the unfortunate carefull driver who may be killed,
why,
because some arsehole wants to use there phone whilst driving,very clever.Angry
qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
NotInMySpeedos View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotInMySpeedos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 9:21pm

Cock
2014 Tekna 1.5dCi in Storm White
andspenka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Club Meet King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andspenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 10:52pm
I have a Brodit mount for the Qashqai, it's the one that sits on the drivers door pillar and it also has the phone mount attached for a Samsung Galaxy S4.

I don't need it anymore, since I don't have the QQ. If anyone wants to buy it let me know.
2014 1.5 Dci Tekna in Ink Blue
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by cantfindausername cantfindausername wrote:

...Brodit seem ok. Udo I like that one. Looks smart. Guessing yours is LHD, so as I'd want one next to me I'd also need a LHD version.

As this is a two-part-holder - a base plate to which the holder for the mobile phone is affixed - I'd guess you'd have to turn it by 180° (and to the opposite side of the radio/Connect) to fit it into a right hand driven car...
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 1:11am
Been looking at the Brodit specific holders... £60-75 for the iPhone 6 one that charges it.

I'm guessing that the part which attaches to the dash is going to be universal for almost any mount to screw on to it?
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 8:57am
Originally posted by NotInMySpeedos NotInMySpeedos wrote:

Cock

Very mature
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 11:46am
Originally posted by cantfindausername cantfindausername wrote:

...I'm guessing that the part which attaches to the dash is going to be universal for almost any mount to screw on to it?

Correct...
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 6:42pm
Just reading latest Auto Express.

They are reviewing the Osomount 360 FLEX phone mount and mention it takes an iPhone 6.

They give it 4 stars.

£19.99 www.osomount.co.uk

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Gen13 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gen13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 4:09pm
Im using a CD slot mount phone

http://www.cdslotmount.com/ £14.95 I also got the sticky tablet holder with it.

Works Brill
Gen13
QQ1 2013 360, 1.6 Petrol Start/Stop 2WD, Gun Metallic

QQ2 2016 1.2 DIG-T 115 Tekna 5dr
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic