UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Side lights remaining on when I leave the vehicle
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Side lights remaining on when I leave the vehicle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Woodmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Side lights remaining on when I leave the vehicle
    Posted: 15áMayá2018 at 7:44pm
Last night I noticed that my sidelights are staying on when I leave the vehicle locked and alarmed.
I have tried it with the light control stalk set on both the off position and also the auto setting and they still remain on.
I have left the vehicle at work and they didn't stay on but when I got home they have come back on.
However when I get in the car and turn the engine on they go off !

What with this and the stop start error coming up, even though I got a big enough battery fitted by my local Halfords service centre and the system
still not recognising the new battery I am starting to fault out with my QQ.

The vehicle is a 62 plate 1.6 diesel Tekna model.

Any advice or pointers before I head off to BSM at Saville St, Sheffield to see what they can do ??
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áMayá2018 at 3:26pm
sounds like you haven't had the battery paired to the engine control unit which you need to do for the more modern cars, you can't just swap in a new one these days.

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic