UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

smoke on start up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brainzzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: smoke on start up
    Posted: 18áDecá2011 at 2:25pm
hello peeps i've not been on to much recently what with work and family ...right my 2010 QQ 15 dci has been seen to smoke on start up blue/grey in colour first thing in the morning could this be down to the colder weather and the engine management over fuelling or a dodgy glow plug..... or could this be some thing like oil seals ..the car has 19'000 on the clock
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áDecá2011 at 2:57pm
if its a diesel i wouldnt worry thats just normal 
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
brainzzz View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brainzzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áDecá2011 at 3:31pm
i hope so i didnt seem to notice it back in the summer thats what made me start to think it was temperature related....the motor runs fine if not better than when i first got it . i think its loosening up and it still surprises me with the power from just 1500cc.....love it....

Edited by brainzzz - 18áDecá2011 at 3:33pm
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áDecá2011 at 3:42pm
cold mornings will always produce more than in the summer brainzz
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áDecá2011 at 11:35pm
I know the glow plug light doesnt stay on very long so on very cold mornings it may worth turning the ignition off after the light  goes out then on again  to give  the glow plugs a 2nd or even 3rd go, it may improve matters.  I got into the habit of doing this years ago trying to start old plant machinery on freezing winter mornings.
I know the car will start first  time anyway but a little more heat hurtBig smile
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
qashqai+2=quality View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqai+2=quality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áJaná2012 at 8:18pm
i get more in the winter , i know cold air etc,  but i do get it in the summer aswell, if i pull away fast ,  not too much, i look in the mirror and see a plume of smoke,  i think this is normal although i would think the amount and colour would let you know if something is wrong or not
03/10 facelift 1.5dci +2 visia pealesent black. ALL STANDERD AS FOLLOWS-slvr roof rails/NO DPF/spacesaver spare wheel/charcoal cloth (free option)/No usb/courtesy lights/5 seats +2 small back seats.
Nicky boy View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áMará2018 at 7:59am
I get the same two my reves are normal she drives normal and if i was to start it turn it off and start it again from cold i dont get the smoke a second time
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic