UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > In Car Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Spare wheel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Essexeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spare wheel
    Posted: 18†Aug†2019 at 8:54pm
I have a brand spanking new unused 145/90 R16 spare wheel to sell. its on eBay right now.
Better than them stupid kits.
2014 Nissan QQ Tekna 1.6dCi Auto in White, but the proud owner of a Classic 1955 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup Truck.
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18†Aug†2019 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Essexeddie Essexeddie wrote:

...Better than them stupid kits.

Although the last time I needed a spare wheel was some 28 years ago....
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20†Aug†2019 at 3:22pm
Don't tempt fate Wink
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Flyyte View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22†Aug†2019 at 10:40am
Indeed: don't ttempt fate. The luvvly recovery vehicle driver transporting Mrs F and I and our QQ on its 85 mile return journey to home last Christmas Day night said he'd actually worked for three different breakdown / recovery firms in the past 10 years, this due to the fact that the 'motor manufacturers probably own 'em all, because why otherwise would they refuse to equip their new cars with proper spare wheels and instead lumber the owners with utterly ****** useless kits that aren't worth the space they take up and mean no-one can change a wheel anymore in the event of a puncture without calling out a breakdown service?

As in our case. The rear offside tyre shredded almost instantly on unseen broken glass in a narrow street and that was it, Christmas over. (We were driving back home after a day with the family). We had full RAC cover and rang for help because no amount of glue (or whatever) was ever going to put that shredded rubber back together. It being by now around 6pm on Christmas Day night, the RAC said they had no patrols in our area but would get one of the local breakdown firms to come out and see what could be done.

When that happened (in remarkably short time: a superb service by the RAC and the breakdown firm) we enquired about the costs involved in all this: how much had Nissan saved by refusing to equip the QQ with a spare wheel, and how much would we have had to pay had we not bought 12 months RAC cover?

Answer was: £6 a mile recovery (go on, multiply that by 87 miles) and £15 call-out (I think: could've been higher.: we were told that because it was Christmas Day, the rates were pretty much double.)

Anyway, we've now had the QQ servied by our main dealer and, as I've posted elsewhere on this forum, found out beforehand in a strangely convoluted way that Nissan include 12 months Assist (otherwise: RAC breakdown cover) with every full service. So though we're hoping we never suffer another blow-out again like that last one, at least we know we've sufficient breakdown cover to cope.

Qashqai Ascenta Premium 1.2 automatic 23/7/2015
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22†Aug†2019 at 11:08am
Ditto same happened to me in the 370z, thats why I always wonder why people go for a cheap service then buy RAC / AA / Green Flag pay extra on insurance...

If you have any car serviced at a main Nissan dealership (not franchise) they will provide the same.

Porsche do the same.
Mainly found at an office chair these days
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic