UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Split Air Intake Turbo Pipe Tube

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insomniak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Split Air Intake Turbo Pipe Tube
    Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 10:07am
Hi All,
This morning my 2012 Qashqai lost power. On checking the engine bay I find this...

Pipe has spit at the top. Phoned dealers and they have a part in stock (approx £60) and they could fit it (about 30min labour) however they started going on that the error codes will need reseting - costing a few ££ to do so, and the DPF cleared (extra ££) - potentially new oil filter etc (more ££). -- are they telling the truth or taking the pee. They said that it could be £400 

Ive had look around and this does seem to be a common part to fail. has anyone had any horror stories with this work?

Hoping that I can just swap out the part myself and let the red light reset itself (some posts say this does happen)

Regards
Mark 
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 11:24am
You can reset the error code yourself using a free phone app such as Torque and a cheap bluetooth OBD adapter from ebay/amazon (about a fiver)
QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
insomniak View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insomniak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 11:53am
OK, Will change this myself. 
Thanks

TaurusDavid View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaurusDavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 9:08pm
I had exactly the same problem about a month after a software upgrade. Initially diagnosed as mass air flow sensor but I spotted the split whilst waiting for the quote for the sensor. About £60 for the part and the garage didn't charge for the fitting as it literally took 10 minutes. Reset the code with an ODB reader from Amazon for about £27. New part has substantially more weld.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic