UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Split Air Intake Turbo Pipe Tube

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Split Air Intake Turbo Pipe Tube
    Posted: 27áAugá2018 at 12:23pm
Dear all,

I need your help about the above subject. My Qasqhai  (J10 2012) is around 4 year old and i have already changed this air intake turbo pipe tube 4 times. 

My question is this: Is there a sensor which may be not functioning as every time i take it to the Nissan Dealer/ Agent they tell me it is because the DBF is clogged. 
A regeneration of the DBF is effected and then reset of the engine red light.   

I am sure that there should be a sensor showing before the DBF is clogging not to have to change this pipe over and over again. 

Please note that in my country where i live it is not possible to regenerate the DBF while driving as it is practicably a city (Malta). 

Could anyone help me find a solution as this is costing me a lot.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any question as i am not technical and may be i did not explain myself well. 

Regards

Amus

TDD View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áSepá2018 at 5:32pm
Hi Angus, I think it's called the DPF filter,
the best way is to drive and get the engine very hot and then keep the revs quite high in a low gear for a while, please don't blow the engine up!! It might mean that you have to leave the city to find a better piece of road. There are also some additives available on the market which claim to clean the filter I have never used them as mine is a pre DPF filter model so I cannot comment on there effectiveness
Good luck
Neil
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áSepá2018 at 6:02pm
On Malta there are no other pieces of road.... Wink (been there....)

A regeneration at the dealer's is done with the car standing on the spot and the engine doing more than 3,000 revs for about half an hour....
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic