UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Steering lock?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steering lock?
    Posted: 26áMayá2011 at 9:18pm

Does anyone know how to disengage the steering lock on a Tekna? I can get into my car using the intelligent locking system, but I can't turn the dial, even with the old fashioned key.  I have a green 'lock' icon featuring a key flashing on my dashboard so I'm gussing it could be something to do with the steering lock rather than the key, but the dial just won't turn and the wheel won't budge. Help - any ideas?? Thanks so much in advance

Soup Dragon View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Clingon - purveyor of sticky stuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soup Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áMayá2011 at 9:19pm
Try pressing the footbrake!! have you never managed to drive it yet?
1.5dci Tekna, 2007, Faded Denim (looks grey to me!) - "It's alright!" - Mrs Soup
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áMayá2011 at 9:20pm
Is your car manual gears??
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áMayá2011 at 9:26pm
Push the ignition in and try and turn it,at the same time pull down on your steering wheel with your left hand. Sometimes you have to jiggle the steering to release the lock. Do as Soup mentions too at the same time. 
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Smartbee View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áMayá2011 at 10:11pm
Thanks so much for all your responses.  I should have mentioned in my first post that my foot is always on the brake when I try to turn the ignition dial, Soup Dragon! Big smile

Mohawk, my car has a manual gearbox, but is currently in neutral.  I'll do as you suggest and jiggle the steering wheel a bit more though.  Thanks again for your help!
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áMayá2011 at 12:43am
If the wheel was turned so it  was locked in position it will need jiggling as you turn the key/dial, most cars do.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
mini_mad_paul View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini_mad_paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áJuná2011 at 12:30pm
There is a button right next to the ingition barrel that needs to be pushed in before and during turning the "key".
If you get stuck, you could always read the manual
2009 Cayman Blue Qashqai 1.5 Tekna Avg 41.1mpg - Born: 15/05/2009 - Died: 31/05/2012
2012 Ford CMax 2.0D Titanium Powershift Avg 37.7mpg - Born: 01/06/2012 - Died: 31/05/2015
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic