UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Steering Wheel Controls Airbag

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabretooth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steering Wheel Controls Airbag
    Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 8:54pm
Have problems with your steering wheel controls. i.e volume, phone, cruise control, a scraping sound inside the steering cowls. Mine has developed this problem. At first an intermittent fault but now no cruise, volume or phone controls; all failed! I am not the first, I have two other friends with QQ with the same problem and have read on here that a number have the same issue. If you are to go to your local Nissan dealer they will convince you that it's not a cheap fix.But...

Edited by Sabretooth - 14 Aug 2015 at 3:02pm
2008 2.0 Petrol Tekna silver(KYO)
Sabretooth View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabretooth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 6:44pm
Fault and fix radio, cruise buttons inoperable.
I have just returned from holiday and have received a package an new clock spring/rotary coupling. I took a chance a bought one from China at a cost of £25.37 inc P&P. Comparing the original to the new supplied it is exactly the same only at a fraction of the cost of a Nissan dealer price.
It took me 20 minutes to fix with very few tools. Just remember if you are going to attempt this; before you start: put the steering wheel in a straight ahead position, leave the battery disconnected for 3 minutes and when reconnecting the battery ensure that no one is sitting in front of the airbag as a precaution.
A 10mm spanner to disconnect the battery.
A long flat screwdriver to remove the airbag.
A 19mm socket to remove the steering wheel.
A pozi-drive screw driver to remove the rotary coupling, steering angle sensor and cowls.
A small electrical screw driver to remove the connectors
And that's it no special tools and if done correctly no airbag light to extinguish.
After taking the old coupling apart, it appears that the contacts have broken away from the connector which must have produced the scratching noise from inside the cowls.
All is working now but I will report back in a week or two on its operation.

Edited by Sabretooth - 14 Aug 2015 at 3:05pm
Jujhar View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 2:23pm
Hi 
I am facing the same problem in my NQ Tekna manual 2 dci and I ordered part from china they sent one which only have one cable , So is it possible for you to post the link from where I ordered .

Thanks
J
Sabretooth View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabretooth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 3:44pm
This should do it.

Paste this into your browser, or go to Aliexpress and type in Brand New Steering Wheel Spiral-Cable Clock Spring Airbag Qashqai

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Brand-New-Steering-Wheel-Spiral-Cable-Clock-Spring-Airbag-OEM-25567-5X00A-25560-JD003-For-Nissan/32449184442.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.19.47v7KH&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2,searchweb201603_1&btsid=8fc52fbd-1288-4ade-bb9f-c04c8aee1abf

Jujhar View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 10:15am
Thanks for the reply will check it and update .
Frasersandison View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frasersandison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 2:41pm
Hi, what year Qashqai do you guys have?
I have the same issue with my 2007 and the part listed within the AliExpress link doesn't give much info?
ELIAS View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELIAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 10:55am
The link must be either outdated or wrong. If you could post again I would be grateful. Also can you tell us if it is still working? I have tried 3 suppliers until now all failed a few weeks after installation.
Frasersandison View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frasersandison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:20am
I've got the same issue so would be interested to know if it's still working and a link for true part!
Jujhar View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jujhar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Jujhar Jujhar wrote:

Thanks for the reply will check it and update .
Sorry for late reply , I ordered the part but still it's not working 100%. Due to which I am getting other issue like ESP alarm and all.
So please check further then order .

Regards
Jujhar
Hound View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:24pm
This has the same number as Sabretooth's, so might be the one you want:

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170913041436
ELIAS View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELIAS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 7:31am
This is the result when you google the link : Sorry, your search ' ' did not match any products. Please try again.
I am loosing faith in Chinese suppliers. Does anybody have a European link?
Hound View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 11:55am
I'm sorry about that Elias... was working when I posted it (I checked).

If you go to AliExpress and type "25560-JD003 Nissan" in the search window, you'll find the items with the same part number as Sabretooth's.

As far as I can see, any European sellers are just offering the same Chinese part, although there's one for sale on eBay UK for £145 - hopefully a genuine Nissan part at that price.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic