UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Stop start not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billywiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stop start not working
    Posted: 17áFebá2015 at 5:31pm
Hi I have just got my 2014 Tekna and I can't seem to get the stop start to work.
Any suggestions would help
Thanks
Billywiz
SplanK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SplanK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áFebá2015 at 9:19pm
First question... are you taking your foot *completely* off the clutch pedal?

Second question... is the engine completely up to temperature?

Third question... did you do the "stop start" dance before you got in the car? Usually this consists of hopping around in a circle on your left leg with your right hand with index finger on your nose...

Of course, I joke about the 3rd... slightly.... but there are so many variables to the stop/start system that it could be difficult to see why its not working for you.

However there is a current issue floating around of iffy FIAMM branded batteries knocking about which prevent the stop/start system operating correctly, and could even lead to the car not starting if you are really unlucky. A dealer should be able to tell you if this is the issue, however a lot of people keep their foot on the clutch when they come to a stop which will prevent it s/s system kicking in, as well as not having the car up to temp or having driven far enough to recharge the battery to a suitable level.
2014 Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T Tekna
2012 Micra 1.2 DIG-S Acenta
monkton.john@sky.com View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkton.john@sky.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áFebá2015 at 11:06pm
Hello Billy, just got my teckna diesel late friday. Superb, but same problem, was ok when i got it then suddenly same as you. Worked fine at first though. Spoke garage same result, battery level low due to short trips, @ too many things running apparently. I shall persevere with it! Rgds john
!
twocues View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áFebá2015 at 12:17pm
Hi, i'm new to QQ ownership too, and I have done a good deal of research on the start/stop on previous cars.

As already said, the clutch is an obvious "must" but there seem to be literally loads of variables/parameters that have to be right before it will perform a stop. So I wouldn't worry unduly, it could be that the engine isn't up to temp or the charging of the battery isn't correct, the ambient temperature being low, the electrical demand being high etc etc etc. Basically it will only stop when all the conditions are perfect and stopping will not be detrimental to the car/drive in any way.

:)

Billywiz View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billywiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áFebá2015 at 12:39pm
Thanks to you all for your advice will persevere a bit longer to see if it works if not back to dealer
Regards
Billywiz
PeterPerfect13 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterPerfect13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áFebá2015 at 2:54pm
My s/s worked perfectly initially but after a month or so it stopped. I believe this was directly caused by a series of local journeys with high-drain electrics running. I was simply not maintaining a good enough charge over the fairly short distances (max 10 mile round-trips).

This was proven last week when after about 60 minutes into my first long journey for weeks, it started to operate again and continued to do so for a couple of days until I came home and began my usual short local trips.

Currently the s/s isn't operating but I'm fairly confident that on my next longer journey it'll start working again.

2014 Ink Blue 1.2 CVT n-tec+
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áFebá2015 at 3:47pm
I was told the same by the AA ....." Drive longer distance". Sooooo up and down the M6 for an hour or more. Next morning no start.
Went into my dealer they tested the battery and it was duff. New battery no more probs.
Lynn
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Wes Tover View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes Tover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áSepá2016 at 5:26pm
Very surprised when my S/S works but having read above I guess it short journeys I do. Can't say I am bothered. Have noted that at first traffic lights after a Motorway run it always stops.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áSepá2016 at 10:00am
Wes Tover LOL

Liking your username LOL.

For you non-Dorseters, Westover are a 15 franchise dealership (including Nissan) across the county and after buying and servicing my last 3 QQs there, plus wifey's new Clio,  I believe I fund their Christmas party.

Wink

Edited by G5 BOY - 20áSepá2016 at 10:02am
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic