Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai 2014 - > Qashqai 2014
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Stop Start System Fault

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagr68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stop Start System Fault
    Posted: 14áSepá2015 at 10:39am
recently along with the intermittent parking brake warning I have started getting a stop start system fault warning it used to reset after restarting the car but now has become more regular and can stay on for days at a time. it has been to the dealer who reset both the parking software and stop/start software but now it has returned. Will get booked back in for checking but as doesn't store fault codes is there things the dealer should check? Battery ?Plugs??

It is a 2014 1.5dci.

thanks

2008 1.5DCI Acenta Urban Silver!
2011 1.5DCI Acenta magnetic Red!
2014 1.5 DCI Acenta Premium Ink Blue!
2017 1.5Dci N-Connecta _pearl Black
jagr68 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jagr68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áSepá2015 at 9:49am
turns out the battery had a faulty cell which was resulted in the battery not being at 100% hence the system fault and stop start not working.
2008 1.5DCI Acenta Urban Silver!
2011 1.5DCI Acenta magnetic Red!
2014 1.5 DCI Acenta Premium Ink Blue!
2017 1.5Dci N-Connecta _pearl Black
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áSepá2015 at 11:08am
You know I think I'm going nuts lol. I was convinced I had replied to this lol

My car had same problem, with added no starting.
Was a duff cell .

Glad it's all sorted for you.
Tiff
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
F1 Bob View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F1 Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áSepá2015 at 10:03am
This a worry as we had the same problem back in June 2014. So although there is a known problem with a batch of batteries on earler J11's the problem is still out there.
Tekna 1.5dCi in Nightshade
QashqaiCox View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashqaiCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áSepá2015 at 10:24am
Check out this thread on here:

- Problem with failing batteries revealed?

It appears this has been a common issue...
2015 Qashqai Tekna, 1.6 DiG-T, Metallic Gun Metal Grey, Side Steps, Front & Rear Skid Plates, Chrome Lower Trim, Chrome Boot Trim, Collecting 26/09/15 😎
Applauso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
NO STRESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Applauso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áOctá2015 at 5:53pm
I had the same. Eventually got a new battery but since then its never started well in the morning and esp now as it's getting colder. Went in this week and diagnosed the glow plugs were faulty and replaced all 4. I think this was related to the faulty battery. I think it damaged them when it went ape trying to start once and the dash lit up flashing and clicking like a disco!

Edited by Applauso - 30áOctá2015 at 5:55pm
1.6 Tekna Gun metallic
mavrik64 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavrik64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áNová2015 at 7:40pm
i had the same problem.
Took them ages to sort out including swapping out the battery for a new one. the problem cam back though. Dealer claims they had Nisan Tech come down to look a at the car (they had it long enough) and eventually swapped out a module (no they wouldn't tell me what) and it's bee sort of fine since then. It still only does it when it wants too (temperamental)
i owe, i owe, so off to work i go | 2014 1.6dCi Tekna 4x4 in Pearl Black
Wheelie Bealie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelie Bealie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áNová2015 at 3:36pm
My car died at the weekend, usual errors came up (start/stop, FCW, LDW etc etc) anyway just left it there (as it was on my Mums drive) and we had to go out (we took the van instead - classy eh!), anyway, as the car was 'nose in' I couldn't get a vehicle close enough to jump start it, couldn't realease the handbrake to move it (is there an emergency release for the handbrake?) and if I could the car was parked on loose surface that the tyres had 'bedded in' on so even with my 6'1" 20 stone ex rugby player frame there was no way I was going to even attempt to scrum down with it to try and move it!

Anyway, I came to work in my van yesterday and called out the RAC to pick the car up and take it to the dealer, long story short, RAC jump starts the car and as they've got it working refuse to take it to the dealer (even though I explained to them when I called that I think it's a faulty battery). They suggested to my Mum (I was still at work) that I take it for a good 1/2 hour drive to recharge the battery, unfrotunatly she didn't tell them that I drive a 40 mile trip to work and then back again each day in it so it should be in good condition. Got home last night (about 8 hours after they jumped it) and lo and behold it wouldn't start, managed to borrow a couple of sets of jump leads and daisy chain them between the cars (not the best thing, but needs must!) and I managed to get the car started, drove it straight to Nissan (Fish Bros, Swindon) and they have diagnosed a duff battery, new one being fitted in the morning under warranty when it arrives in stock.

I do recall reading there was a batch of faulty batteries on the early J11's, suspect mine is one of them but due to the motorway mileage I do everyday I probably prolonged the life of it as opposed to killing it pretty quickly with lots of short stop/start town journeys.

I suppse the lesson learnt is to be mindful where you park your car should the handbrake ever become 'locked on' due to a power malfunction.
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áNová2015 at 4:47pm
Had the same problem with mine. RAC said take it for. Drive... I did this after each call out .
In the end the dealership took it in, fitted a new battery, not had the fault since.
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áNová2015 at 7:42pm
In relation to this tale- is there a way to release the handbrake if power fails ??????
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
ahsan1.ahmed1 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsan1.ahmed1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23áFebá2018 at 2:33pm
The Stop Start System Fault in my 2014 Nissan Qashqai 1.5 dci Tekna today morning.

I have fixed this problem by doing the following.

1. Turn On Start the engine and keep it ON for sometime to get warmed up and charge up the battery.

2. Turn Off the engine.

3. Hold the Auto Stop/Start in the right below the steering wheel.

4. Holding the Auto Stop/Start Press down the clutch and brake fully and.

5 Start the engine.

6. The stop start system fault warning in the dash will stop appearing.   

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic