UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Strange electronic beeps and and sounds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote combiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange electronic beeps and and sounds
    Posted: 11áMayá2018 at 9:18am
Hi all i am new on here and although i have searched and searched on the site i cannot find any info on these annoying and mystifying electronic beeps and sounds, i have now heard 3 different types of sounds. Having previously a C4 Picasso if that went beep (which it often did) there would always be a notification on the dashboard as to what it was. One particular beep happens at the same place when driving down a particular road, 
My (on and beep) for speed cameras is OFF
any help would be greatly appreciated 
i have a 2017 N-connecta 1.2 digi CVT
thank you in advance 
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áMayá2018 at 1:35pm
Hi and welcome,

That beep is letting you know that the corner ahead is sharp or is a known road hazrd, its more of a doop doop than a bing?

Hope that helps.
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
combiman View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote combiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áMayá2018 at 4:16pm
Thank you PRO7HET That would definitely be the case for the same sound at the same location, and yes there is a sharp bend , thank you for your help, regards Combiman
carlgoss View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlgoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áMayá2018 at 3:51pm
You can turn off the 'curve' warnings in My POIs in the navigation settings on the Connect system if you want. But I quite like it anything to help the driver eh? I do wish the speed camera warnings were more deliberate though, very quiet beep and a tiny icon on the sat nav.

Edited by carlgoss - 14áMayá2018 at 3:51pm
Tekna DCI 110 1.5 Nightshade
combiman View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote combiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áMayá2018 at 5:14pm
Thank you Carlgoss I will have a look in the settings 👍
geejay38 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geejay38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áMayá2018 at 7:32am
Agree with Carlgoss that speed camera warning is very poor.
Also it appears no update has been available since September 2017 so of limited value.

Edited by geejay38 - 15áMayá2018 at 7:44am
1. QQ 2007 Cafe Latte -1.6 Acenta manual
2. QQ 2011 Magnetic Red-1.6 N-Tec
manual
3. QQ 2016 Grey 1.2 DiG-T N-Conn ecta
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áMayá2018 at 3:30pm
If you look in the lower right of the screen when you get the curve beep you should also see a little curve icon pop up for a couple of seconds.

I used to get the curve warning when approaching a roundabout entry onto Morrisons, annoyed me because yes a roundabout is going to curve.

Since updating to V3 of the SD Card, I no longer get the warning there but do get it in a few more places where there are sharp bends, so looks like V3 had a bit of an update as to what constitutes a sharp bend.

QQ3: 2014 1.2 dig-T ntec+ gunmetal grey
QQ2: 2013 CVT 360 silver
QQ1: 2009 1.5dci n-tec fired iron
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic