UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Exterior.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club
Thanks to our sponsor for their support

Surely this is not right? Bonnet Alignment !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Surely this is not right? Bonnet Alignment !
    Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 5:23pm
Noticed this misalignment whilst cleaning the car today:

This is the driver side, all looks right !

And this on the passenger side, clearly sticking out.

Going to let the leasing company know, as I dont want any blame for it down the line !, but for a brand new car, not sure how they missed this !

Brand New Nissan Qashqai 2012 !

Love it !
Affman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 5:24pm
It was a common problem and admit mine is slightly out but can be adjusted as on threads if you search the forum...
2.0ntec+2, Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs
Saraj View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012 at 5:28pm
Yh thanks, had a search through and the best advice is to leave it to the dealer, so have emailed the leasing company for them to deal with, with images.

Im not too bothered about it, but dont want any blame for it !

Love it !
Timmylish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 12:56am
Make absolutely sure that you bonnet catch is fully engaged and that it will not release.
Proud new owner of Red Fusion QQ, 1,5 dCI Tekna Sport (110 CV) (Different spec. here on Tenerife!)with so many bells and whistles I may need a lot of help in finding answers to a lot of questions!!!!
Saraj View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 12:57am
yep, made sure that it is catched correctly, seems fine to me, just waiting for the maintenance team at the leasing company to contact me to see if they want it repaired or not.

Love it !
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 12:12pm
Hi saraj Tongue.

Common fault - mine needed fixing before I picked it up.  Basically the grille surround needs its fixings loosening and the whole thing moving forward, then re-tightening.  The bonnet is OK as it is.  Nissan are aware and if the dealership plead ignorance, get the leasing company to tell them there is a Nissan 'technical fix' to show them what to do.

Minor, but annoying I know.

Edited by G5 BOY - 07 Aug 2012 at 12:13pm
QQ1-2007 Fired Iron 2.0 Tekna CVT 4WD
QQ2-2010 Magnetic Red +2 2.0 Tekna CVT 4WD
QQ3-2013 Gun Metallic 2.0 Tekna CVT
Saraj View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 6:56pm
Thanks everyone for the advice, this is the reply from Nissan to the leasing company, who then forwarded it to me:

"We have had the below response from the supplying dealer.

We have had a response regarding the bonnet on this vehicle and apparently it is quite normal.

Dependant on the bonnet catch there is some amount of alignment movement and this should have no effect on the vehicle whatsoever and it consistent with the manufacture of the vehicle

I hope this helps but please let me know if you have any further questions."

Seems like Nissan have managed to fob off the leasing company.

Do i need to be worried?

Love it !
Affman View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 7:15pm
It's no biggy .......as I sed mines like it and only an exacting person will spot it.....apparently Nissan sorted the problem....but obviously not.....
2.0ntec+2, Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
CTR Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 7:22pm
when your bonnet is closed see if theres any downward movement , if so a slight adjustment of the bonnet catch (downwards) will help improve this , i did this on mine and reduced it by half Thumbs Up

Edited by Craigfishin - 07 Aug 2012 at 7:22pm
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade, Detailer (CTR Detailing), AFMC, ACWC,SAC , Now a 2013 1.5dci Tekna in arctic white with stone leather interior :)
Saraj View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 9:25pm
Thanks for that, will certainly give it a try !

Love it !
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 10:30am
You shouldn't have to mess about with it - shame on you Nissan for off-fobbing Angry.

It's a known and recognised problem, due to someone at Sunderland QC needing to go to Specsavers.  If it is 'normal' then why create an official 'fix' for it.

I know it's a lease vehicle, but if it bothers saraj then call Nissan Customer Services and mention this forum - they do watch here.

Because it had been discussed here, before I took delivery, I notified my dealer and NCS that I would not sign if it had this issue when it arrived at the dealership.  They checked, said it did, then fixed it, job done.

FORUM POWER Tongue.

QQ1-2007 Fired Iron 2.0 Tekna CVT 4WD
QQ2-2010 Magnetic Red +2 2.0 Tekna CVT 4WD
QQ3-2013 Gun Metallic 2.0 Tekna CVT
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2012 at 10:40am
Mine moves down when I push on it - is it the central catch that needs adjusting?
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic