UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Interior.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Tekna leather seats

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter356a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tekna leather seats
    Posted: 07áJuná2010 at 6:48pm
Hi to everyone.....I'm new (actually I'm not, I'm 61)!

Just bought a used very, very nice 1.5 DCI Tekna in Cafe Latte (tried drinking it) with red leather interior. Car is 'as new' except for the drivers seat which shows signs of premature wear to outer edge of seat back (even though only done 19k and the driver always wore a suit).

Anyone experienced poor quality trim, as described, before I go back to Nissan under warranty?
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJuná2010 at 6:58pm

welcome peter hope you enjoy the club

bit early to say for me as only done 3k but seem fine so far
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJuná2010 at 10:19am
Welcome peter Big smile

Both my QQs (that sounds posh doesn't it?) are/were Teknas and QQ1 did 33000 miles with no sign of wear on the leather, just the usual characteristic ageing on the driver's seat - mild creasing - no more.

You say......... 'red leather interior' - do you mean 'chocolate' - like a tan colour?  Very long shot here, but if it really is red then it may be an aftermarket job - not Nissan.

You say.........'premature wear to outer edge of seat back' - could it be where the seat belt rubs, if the height adjustment has been too low?

Sorry that is more questions than answers but HTH. 

Edited by G5 BOY - 08áJuná2010 at 10:19am
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Dobbie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJuná2010 at 10:32am
Hi Peter,
Can't help with your question, but welcome to the club.
1.5dci N-tec in Cafe-Latte, delivered 17th June,
360 Black, 1.6 Petrol due June 2013
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJuná2010 at 4:04pm
Hello Peter and welcomeBig smile. I havn't noticed any undue wear on the leather seatsErmm
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
francaffery View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francaffery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJuná2010 at 4:33pm
get a pick up so we can look. the old owner could of had keys or money or nethink in his pocket that rubbed on it
gumgum View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gumgum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJuná2010 at 5:30pm
welcome
Glastoboy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glastoboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJuná2010 at 9:52pm
Welcome Peter356a.
Qashqai 2010 1.5dci N-Tec Nightshade. Now Qashqai 2013 +2 N-Tec+ 1.5 dci Nightshade
gadgeteer View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadgeteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áJuná2010 at 8:01pm
If I am thinking of where you mean, I think its when someone gets in/out of the car, clothes rub against the leather.

I have the same issue on my BMW.  Some of the leather looks a lot more worn there than elsewhere and its all I can think of.  There's nothing wrong with the quality of leather in the beemer.  Just wear & tear I'm afraid.

That said I do think the leather quality in the QQ is looks quite poor.  Had it not have been a standard on the Tekna, i'd have specced cloth instead.  I thought the leather made it look cheap, esp. the stitching.

But when I thought about it, i really wanted the rest of the toys so decided to compromise.  Its one of the reasons I went for stone trim rather than black.  Its a bit of a gamble but I figured that it may look better than the black leather.
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áJuná2010 at 9:03pm
Yep you are right gadgeteer it does look nice and the cabin is much lighter tooThumbs Up
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áJuná2010 at 9:14pm
i think the graphite leather is lovely and the stiching sets it off well ,one of my favourite interior features but hey ho each to there own ,i had the harder leather in my last car ,very uncomfortable ,looks even better now its getting some natural creases in it

Edited by craigfishin - 09áJuná2010 at 9:15pm
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áJuná2010 at 9:34pm
Now where did i put the pic's of cream (stone) leatherErmm LOL
davelincs View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davelincs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2010 at 6:25am
has the leather been looked after?, conditioner applied on a regular basis, this does help the leather,i apply conditioner and cleaner to my seats once a month,it softens the leather and stops it from cracking,
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2010 at 8:58am
i use meguires gold class leather wipes they give the leather a glossy look as well and cleaning and feeding it
davelincs View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davelincs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2010 at 9:41am
the trouble is craig ,once the leather starts to look worn it needs something to revive it, a couple of coats of condinitioner a few hours apart might help, it just depends how bad the seats are,
some lads on the audi forum have used this and swear by it  http://www.liquidleather.com/scuffs.htm i have not tried this myself so i cannoyt comment on it
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJuná2010 at 9:50am
hi dave ,sorry i should have said these will in no way repair worn leather,i just mentioned them as a good way of cleaning and feeding leather seats, i would be interested in using the liquid leather though

personally worn or damaged leather is best replaced or there is a process called tannelising (might have spelled that wrong) maybe that would help 
Danii View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áFebá2011 at 3:50pm
Hi All,
Ordered my QQ yesterday, still awaiting a delivery date etc.
Was just wondering in the Tekna trim do you have a choice of leathers (colour wise) as standard or is it a set colour and other colours are optional at a extra cost.

Any feedback would be much appreciated Tongue

Thanks,

Danii
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áFebá2011 at 4:00pm
The current leather colours are Graphite (basically black) and Stone (creamy colour). Either is available  at no extra cost.
Some people on here have had some issues when ordering Stone and their cars have turned up with Graphite. There is some talk of supply issues but I'm sure someone else who knows more will be able to enlighten you more.

Did the dealer not ask you when you ordered? If not, maybe they are trying to reduce people ordering stone Confused

Edited by Gemma - 24áFebá2011 at 4:01pm
2008 1.5dci Tekna in Cafe Latte with WHIPPET-CUSTOMISED chocolate leather and added Connect
src1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote src1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áFebá2011 at 5:16pm
'07-'10 Qashqai or as I call it Qashqai v1.0 Pre facelift the Qashqai colour leather options where Graphite or Chocolate Leather
10'-> Qashqai v1.5 Facelifted Model it's either Graphite or Stone Leather.

Edited by src1 - 27áFebá2011 at 10:03pm
Soup Dragon View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Clingon - purveyor of sticky stuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soup Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áFebá2011 at 5:52pm
my 2007 tekna has grey leather, almost same colour as the paint (faded denim)
1.5dci Tekna, 2007, Faded Denim (looks grey to me!) - "It's alright!" - Mrs Soup
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áFebá2011 at 5:55pm
I would like to see a pic of your grey leather if you got one SoupErmm

Edited by mohawk - 24áFebá2011 at 6:10pm
kop View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áFebá2011 at 5:57pm
Just creasing on mine too...Its a 60plate and done 17,000 miles..
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soup Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áFebá2011 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by mohawk mohawk wrote:

I would like to see a pic of your grey leather if you got one SoupErmm

will get one in the morning

Edited by mohawk - 24áFebá2011 at 6:11pm
1.5dci Tekna, 2007, Faded Denim (looks grey to me!) - "It's alright!" - Mrs Soup
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áFebá2011 at 6:10pm
Ok good cos it might make things a bit clearerConfused
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áFebá2011 at 6:39pm
i like the natural creasing , thats how leather should look not all stretched out like a poor facelift
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24áFebá2011 at 10:22pm
pmsl cf!!
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soup Dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áFebá2011 at 9:42am
hmm, in the cold light of day i suppose mine is quite dark, but i wouldn't say it was black.

Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áFebá2011 at 10:55am
I think that's the Graphite colour - not "black black" (which is why I guess they call it graphite instead of black)
2008 1.5dci Tekna in Cafe Latte with WHIPPET-CUSTOMISED chocolate leather and added Connect
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áFebá2011 at 10:57am
Yep i think so tooThumbs Up
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áFebá2011 at 11:07am
deffinately graphite.. its almost black, but it has a gunmetal type of tint to it.
Danii View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áMará2011 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Gemma Gemma wrote:

The current leather colours are Graphite (basically black) and Stone (creamy colour). Either is available  at no extra cost.
Some people on here have had some issues when ordering Stone and their cars have turned up with Graphite. There is some talk of supply issues but I'm sure someone else who knows more will be able to enlighten you more.

Did the dealer not ask you when you ordered? If not, maybe they are trying to reduce people ordering stone Confused

Hi Gemma,

Firsty thank you for your response and secondly Sorry for my late reply my laptop broke so haven't been online.

My dealer did not offer me a choice of leather colours the showroom car had graphite coloured leather which was liked so maybe she just presumed that was the colour i wanted. Have you seen the stone colour is it nicer etc?

thanks,

Danii

Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áMará2011 at 4:22pm
How strange that they didn't give you a choice Shocked
I've not seen the stone colour in real life, but there are plenty of photos in the gallery on this forum. It's a matter of taste as to whether you think it's nicer Smile
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áMará2011 at 4:23pm
http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/photo-gallery_topic4396.html

You should be able to find some pics of the different leather colours in here Thumbs Up
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áMará2011 at 4:53pm
I think I read somewhere that if you want the stone leather you HAVE to make sure they include that information with the order.  If your thinking about changing do it yesterday.
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áMará2011 at 5:09pm
Yep that's definite Cowpers. I think there is a separate box they (the dealer) have to tick when they order the stone leatherThumbs Up
Mike might like to clarify thatErmm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic