Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > My Qashqai Wish
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Tekna Sport or Premium?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tekna Sport or Premium?!
    Posted: 10áAugá2012 at 10:32pm
Ok, Dim question coming up.. Sorry people!!

I've been reading alot on here about 'Tekna Sport'....  How do you know if you have a 'SPORTY' one?! or indeed, a premium one?

What's the difference in specs?

Confused
Owner of 'Ted'- VERY SEXY QQ+2 Tekna
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áAugá2012 at 10:38pm
Tekna is the top spec here in the UK. Abroad it is badged different and has less spec than our models have as standard.
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
Jayne View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áAugá2012 at 10:42pm
Ahh!!! I panicked there for a minute, thought I may have some 'bits' missing!!!!  I didn't check if mine was a 'sport' or not before I bought him!!..  Phewfff!!  Thanks. x
Ecce Signum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Doth glance from heaven to earth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAugá2012 at 12:03am
lol Jayne but the big deal is you need  N-Tec wheels as it's been scientifically proven they make the QQ go faster and with better mpg and add a few pounds of torque as well
Would you call a drunkard who works at an upholstery shop a recovering alcoholic?.
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAugá2012 at 12:05am
Not stirring things up are we ???!!!
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAugá2012 at 7:00am
Indeed the Ntec is the better looking sportier of the two and it would seem the ntec does go that bit faster and more economicaly as its carried along on the Euphoria of the person Driving and of all the people watching it go by, thinking ' those Onyx Wheels are gorgeous ' or ' that Qashqai looks Smart with that Chrome Pack on! ' .....Both only available as standard oR option on the ntec I'm affraid......

Unfortunately for the Tekna owners, they don't even have a side badge to show how proud they are, and exterior options to improve on the look is sadly limited so their QQ has the opposite Effect, air displacement decreases while Drag increases as they drive along thinking 'why didn't I buy an ntec !! '...this feeling can be cancelled out momentarily by switching the Heated front seats on to ease their Lumbago or turning the Bose system up cos the battery in the hearing aid has gone, but as said this is only a Tempory cure and soon the Yearning for an ntec will return......

Ohh...Did I mention I've got an ntec?.....not being biased or owt.....

Edited by Affman - 11áAugá2012 at 7:48am
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
allan40alt View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAugá2012 at 8:28am
The class and comfort of the Tekna brings out a jealous side of some n-tec owners who yearn for the prestige of owning a Tekna.

The superior Tekna wheels alone are enough to send an n-tec owner into a wild frenzy.

The name alone is sufficient with Tekna starting with a capital letter and n-tec starting with a lower case one. 

That says it all really.  
2009 2.0L CVT, Tekna, Blade Silver.
2013 Peugeot 2008 1.6 EGC, Allure, Bianca White.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAugá2012 at 9:01am
You said it all Alan and well spoken for all your compatriates......the Teknas the over 50s QQ.... Which I sadly will have to consider in 4 years time.... .....The only reason I can see that it starts with a capital is so you oldens can Read it better.....and me envious of the Tekna wheels...Dream On.....
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Ecce Signum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Doth glance from heaven to earth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAugá2012 at 11:30am
See what you have (re)started Jayne!
Would you call a drunkard who works at an upholstery shop a recovering alcoholic?.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAugá2012 at 3:47pm
The Tekna is designed for the more  elderly person, the extras it has obviously proves this........
1. Leather Seats - the older Tekna owner generally suffers from flatulence so to save    embarresment    they  can blame it on the squeeky leather uphostery.
2.  Xenon lights - compensates for the failing  eyesight
3. Bose system - less conspicuos than a hearing aid.
4.  Heated seats - soothes those ageing arthritic bones
5. Keyless ignition - saves time  searching through  every pocket countless times as the generally by now somewhat senile Tekna owner can never find  their keys.

WinkLOLBig smile
Big smile......................I just realised I maybe should have got a TeknaLOL

Edited by ericos - 11áAugá2012 at 3:53pm
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAugá2012 at 4:12pm
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAugá2012 at 4:21pm
Suppose we'll have to wait for Allan to find his reading glasses untill he provides us with a witty response......
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAugá2012 at 5:02pm
I'm looking over the top of my multi-focus lenses as I type. 

You see I just knew you would immediately jump on the hook if I baited it. 

You're getting all flustered and I sitting here all calm and collected thinking how comfortable these heated leather seats are (I'm told they are very good if you have haemorrhoids - pleased to say I don't;  but if I had them then that would be another benefit!  Good selling point that the salesman never mentioned).

Poor Jayne, she didn't realize that the merest mention of the word Tekna can set off a frenzied scramble amongst  n-tec owners.  

Jayne View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAugá2012 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Ecce Signum Ecce Signum wrote:

See what you have (re)started Jayne!

Apologies people!!  I'm off to turn my Bose system right up to try and drown out the 'my cars better than your car' argument!!

I'm SO glad I asked now!! hahahahah

x
Jayne View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAugá2012 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by allan40alt allan40alt wrote:

I'm looking over the top of my multi-focus lenses as I type. 

Poor Jayne, she didn't realize that the merest mention of the word Tekna can set off a frenzied scramble amongst  n-tec owners.  

Haha.. I must admit, it took me 18 months to convince the Hubbling I should have one.. and the ONLY model we looked at was the Tekna, purely because of the 'In addition to the n-tec, the Tekna has.......'  column on the Nissan website!!! (and we have a 3yr old so need the leather 'wipes clean of ALL stickiness' seats) Of all the cars I've ever had, If I can't have the highest spec with ALL the bits on, then I either don't bother, or wait until they come down in price a bit!!

That said, I am a bit disappointed it doesn't state TEKNA in big chrome fonty letters on the side like the n-tec's......  Subtle advertising and all that!!!

x
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAugá2012 at 8:03pm
Yea!!!.... You see you admit it!!.....if you've got the QQ with all the Bells and Whistles you want to advertise the Fact, and let's face it, apart from the wheels and the jet headlamp washer, you couldn't tell it wasn't an Accenta or Visia from the outside ...I just new that at least some Tekna owners like to show off their wealth and not be afraid of the fact they may be hard of hearing, have sciatica or grapes hanging from their 4rsehole.... .....Blame Allan for that admission....
Jayne View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAugá2012 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Affman Affman wrote:

Yea!!!.... .I just new that at least some Tekna owners like to show off their wealth and not be afraid of the fact they may be hard of hearing, have sciatica or grapes hanging from their 4rsehole.... .....Blame Allan for that admission....

Big smile
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAugá2012 at 9:18pm
Loads-a-qash LOL
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAugá2012 at 10:26pm
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áAugá2012 at 10:36am
I'm I the only Tekna owner who actually prefers the nTec wheels? Ermm Although my Tekna has the older wheels which look rubbish, I still prefer the nTec to the Tekna new wheels. Ideally I'd like Tekna spec with nTec wheels on Cool
2008 1.5dci Tekna in Cafe Latte with WHIPPET-CUSTOMISED chocolate leather and added Connect
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áAugá2012 at 1:43pm
I doubt you're the only one Gemma, just one of very few who will admit itBig smile
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áAugá2012 at 2:06pm
I'm a Tekna traitor!
2008 1.5dci Tekna in Cafe Latte with WHIPPET-CUSTOMISED chocolate leather and added Connect
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áAugá2012 at 2:09pm
It's easy;  just get a tin of black paint and dab it on if you want your beautiful Tekna wheels to look like theirs. LOL
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áAugá2012 at 5:17pm
Except I have the old style Tekna wheels Cry
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áAugá2012 at 10:50pm

It's easy; ájust get a tin of black paint and dab it on if you want your beautiful Tekna wheels to look like theirs.áLOL

But even then you would always know that they are just drab old Tekna wheels tarted up ith a bit of paint and not the real Mckoy.......
beckam7 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckam7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áAugá2012 at 10:46am
I bought my Tekna a couple of months ago, but told the saleman, i would only buy it if he put the n-tec wheels on it. They do look smart..
QQ 2012 Tenka 1.6dci,White,Onyx Alloys
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áAugá2012 at 10:57am
More Tekna converts.....
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áAugá2012 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by beckam7 beckam7 wrote:

I bought my Tekna a couple of months ago, but told the saleman, i would only buy it if he put the n-tec wheels on it. They do look smart..

There wouldn't be any problem down-grading the spec for free. LOL

I bet his mates fell about when he told them. Wink  LOL
brianmf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áAugá2012 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by ericos ericos wrote:

The Tekna is designed for the more  elderly person, the extras it has obviously proves this........
1. Leather Seats - the older Tekna owner generally suffers from flatulence so to save    embarresment    they  can blame it on the squeeky leather uphostery.
2.  Xenon lights - compensates for the failing  eyesight
3. Bose system - less conspicuos than a hearing aid.
4.  Heated seats - soothes those ageing arthritic bones
5. Keyless ignition - saves time  searching through  every pocket countless times as the generally by now somewhat senile Tekna owner can never find  their keys.

WinkLOLBig smile
Big smile......................I just realised I maybe should have got a TeknaLOL

Not so much elderly as 'senior', which is why they decided to call the top end spec the QQ Executive over here. It seems to be roughly the same spec as the Sport but I've never regarded it as a 'sporty' vehicle. We're too posh to fiddle around with keys. Mind you, we only get 17-inch wheels with 18-inch as an option.

Edited by brianmf - 14áAugá2012 at 4:47pm
Licensed radio ham. Urban Silver QQ Executive 2.0l petrol, CVT, 4WD (Tekna + extras).
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áAugá2012 at 5:10pm
Although I am considered 'elderly' (in fact today is a major day for me), I would like to think that, rather than referring the Tekna as being for the 'elderly', it should be considered a car for the more 'discerning' person.

It's for someone who's judgment and qualities have been tested thoroughly throughout the years and they are still around to share their wisdom and knowledge with those who feel they are still 'boy racers' but are, in fact, perceived and seen by the younger generation as 'past it'.

In summing up then:

Tekna: For the discerning person.

n-tec:  For those that think they still can; but can't any longer. i.e. lifes 'past it's'.  
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áAugá2012 at 5:15pm
Allan Clap
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áAugá2012 at 10:36pm

Although I am considered 'elderly' (in fact today is a major day for me), I would like to think that, rather than referring the Tekna as being for the 'elderly', it should be considered a car for the more 'discerning' person.

It's for someone who's judgment and qualities have been tested thoroughly throughout the years and they are still around to share their wisdom and knowledge with those who feel they are still 'boy racers' but are, in fact,áperceivedáand seen by the youngerágenerationáas 'past it'.

In summing up then:

Tekna: For theádiscerning person.

n-tec: áFor those that think they still can; but can't any longer. i.e. lifes 'past it's'. á

Just 2 comments on this Post....

Altzeimers and Dementia........ .......I'd stick to Pruning Roses.....or gettin the Mrs to do it for ya......

Edited by Affman - 14áAugá2012 at 10:40pm
andspenka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Club Meet King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andspenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áAugá2012 at 11:10pm
It doesn't really matter now anyway, they've obviously done away with those cheap and nasty black wheels.

There's a 12 plate n-tec+ near us with the same wheels as the Accenta on it!
2014 1.5 Dci Tekna in Ink Blue
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áAugá2012 at 12:54am
Originally posted by andspenka andspenka wrote:

It doesn't really matter now anyway, they've obviously done away with those cheap and nasty black wheels.

There's a 12 plate n-tec+ near us with the same wheels as the Accenta on it!

Obviously somebody with taste thenWink those wheels were originally on the n-tec facelift from when it came out in Mar 2010 until around Sept 2010 when the current black n-tec wheels were introduced & the best wheels overall then went to the Acenta. He must have done a swap with somebody maybe to have  them on a 12 plate. The current n-tec/tekna wheels are not to my tasta at all really but out of the 2 I prefer the black ones, best of 2 evils  really - glad I got my n-tec before they swappedLOL
Jayne View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áAugá2012 at 11:19pm
OK Probably going to regret asking this.. But what is the difference between the n-tec and the Tekna wheels?!!?

I thought they were the same?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic