UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Membership Rewards - Paid member access only. > The Cafe > Other Clubs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

The QQ Gardening Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The QQ Gardening Club
    Posted: 22 May 2012 at 12:54pm
As Requested here is a Thread for you to Post all about your Gardens/Flowers/Shrubs and Plants/Lawns/Astro Turf etc...Pictures / advice /Tips, what you've done......And to kick off a Lovely picture of Nigel65s garden (prior to him getting a dog)......Thumbs Up

Pre Dog

Post Dog

My advice here if you like Gardening.........DONT GET A DOG........LOL

Edited by Affman - 23 May 2012 at 8:13pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 1:08pm
LOL Thanks Aff LOL well i wouldnt say don`t get a dog as i would not be without him but fence your garden and nice lawn off .

Had my rotovator out on it but was to wet last week hard work i had pains next day on top of pains so new plan i covered the area with Glyphosate to kill all weeds and as its nice now let it dry and get my rotovator out again .
But also my dad as offered to pay for artificial grass as long as its not going to cost a small fortune .

But will keep at it till i have m quotes in Big smile

Also need to get my plants for front pots and baskets shortly as your doing now Aff .   

Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 3:52pm
Love this thread,,,,,,

Need advice... Whats best to kill brambles????

Also this works....
To keep foxes away... Use mens pee!!! It really does the trick.. ...

Well dont stand in the garden for all and sundry to see. Use a bucket or bottle!!!!

Fee xx
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 3:55pm
Heres my garden from the last couple of years, though the Kids play shed has now mysteriously turned into a trampoline....LOL....Note the Well kept Putting green lawn.....Wink

Edited by Affman - 22 May 2012 at 3:56pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Shonadoll View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonadoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 4:22pm
We had a beautiful garden when we moved here 12 years ago. Our kids and dogs have ruined it and frankly I'd rather go biking. So when we sell in a couple of years, we will spend a few weeks doing it up and then run away, fast.
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Fee Fee wrote:

Love this thread,,,,,,

Also this works....

Well dont stand in the garden for all and sundry to see. Use a bucket or bottle!!!!

Fee xx

Fee this stuff will kill brambles Glyphosate .

Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 5:48pm
That's the active ingrdient in Roundup isn't it?  I had to use that stuff to get rid of a Japanese knot Weed infestion many years back.  Very potent stuff, but they do it as a very thick liquid now so you can control the application much better.
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
w1zzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1zzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Fee Fee wrote:

Love this thread,,,,,,

Also this works....

Fee xx
I use roundup to kill brambles. spray it on. looks like nothing happens for a few weeks then everything turns brown and also kills the roots off. It needs at least 2 hours on the leaves and no rain for that day

Just got the proper stuff from my farmer mate. Egg cupfull per 1 gallon water

The stuff you buy in the shop is already made up and not so strong but still does the job
Sep 2011 Qashqai 1.5dci n-Tec New Flame Red. AFMC
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 5:58pm
Yes it is in round up i buy the concentrated 4 cap fulls does 25sq metres got mine from tesco about £10 once its dried out it is children and pet safe it attaches itself to the soil.

Well just had one quote for artificial grass

FULL INSTALLATION INCLUDES

• SOIL REMOVAL
  • STONE AND COMPACTION
  • SAND AND COMPACTION 
  • GEO-TEXTILE WEEDPROOF MEMBRANE 
  • FITTING AND STRETCHING 
  • COMPLETED IN ONE DAY

TOTAL AREAS
Area 1  35m2 + 5m2

Total =£2550

GUARANTEES
  • 5 YEAR WEAR
  • 8 YEAR ANTI FADE 
  • 5 YEAR FITTING

Edited by nige65 - 22 May 2012 at 6:00pm

nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 6:10pm
Aff your garden is looking cool nice lawn you must use a quality mower .

I have 2 Qualcast Classic Electric great mowers would recommend them to anyone but sadly not used for a while one was my dads but council cut his grass now and does he moan for england about it .LOL

Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 6:25pm
Thanks chaps...thought i dug up all the bramble roots but must have missed a few. now growing throu my turf!!, Grrrr.....

Fee xx

2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 6:44pm
5 year wear...that's doesn't sound so hot to me?  Being less serious the 5 year fitting time doesn't inspire me either
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 6:49pm
Abit of Weed and feed a couple of Times a years alot cheaper......Especially the stuff from Wilcos....Wink
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 6:52pm
I agree with both of you to expensive that really but i am waiting for other quotes .

I do prefer a natural lawn and have everything to do it now but my dad offered so just check out the quotes not going to let him pay that much no way .
He can pay to have me a pool built Wink well pond Big smile 

Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 7:03pm
The Lawn youve got in that 2nd picture is about as natural as you can get it nige.....I bet the local wild life love it in there....................................Wink

Edited by Affman - 22 May 2012 at 7:04pm
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 7:45pm
Thes a house i pass daily in Glasgow which has artificial grass and sadly the seams as sooooo bad, its really pathetic looking and draws attention to the fact its fake... I think i'll defer judgement on fake grass unless i see a photo that convinces me otherwise...

fee x
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 8:51pm
Well Aff i have just been out for an hour with rotovator as its cooled down willneed a good few hours yet though before i order some top soil to get ready for grass seed .

Fee it all depends on what sort you buy you can get cheap stuff but there is artificial grass now you would not know if it was real or not .

sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 9:03pm
Had to smile at Nige's before and after dog pics. Mine's the same after we got the German Shepherd, now fenced off as her "doings"was killing the lawn.
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD...Born on the 01/02/14 now with new carer on 27/6/16.
Proud owner of 2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec
w1zzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1zzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 6:19am
Originally posted by w1zzer w1zzer wrote:

[QUOTE=w1zzer][QUOTE=sandman]Had to smile at Nige's before and after dog pics. Mine's the same after we got the German Shepherd, now fenced off as her "doings"was killing the lawn.
You need to buy some dog rocks that go in the dogs drinking bowl to neutralise the dogs urine http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DOG-ROCKS-lawn-turf-grass-urine-burn-brown-patches-/220790971025?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item33682ada91  Stops all the grass being killed off
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 6:41am
Wizzer was not the wee that wrecked my garden was his paws LOL digging and tearing round at 100mph ripping the grass up Wink

Even ripped holes in the fence pulled all the battons off the fence ripped next door neighbours sky cables out the wall Confused

Edited by nige65 - 23 May 2012 at 6:43am

Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 7:19am
Sounds lovely!!!! ... A lovely sedate dog you have there,

Fee xx
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 8:10am
Think my Mum said its Only Bitches Wee that turns the Grass Brown?...Dunno if thats right, she has 2 Bitches and they leave Browned off Patches all over...... ....any Dog Owners to agree with this?

Just to add, I can fully appreciate 1 pro in having a Dog...It stops the Cats Sh1ttin in your Beds .....

Edited by Affman - 23 May 2012 at 8:12am
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 8:49am

Some nice gardens there! I should add my pre and post whippet pictures. What started as a lovely lawn is now a whippet racetrack/digging pit. At least they keep off my veg patch!
2008 1.5dci Tekna in Cafe Latte with WHIPPET-CUSTOMISED chocolate leather and added Connect
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 8:51am

I've also heard that it's lady dog wee that causes the brown spots. My two boys wee all over the grass and I've never had burn marks like my mum's grass (she has a girl lab).
2008 1.5dci Tekna in Cafe Latte with WHIPPET-CUSTOMISED chocolate leather and added Connect
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 9:46am
Fee when Labradors are puppies they are like that now hes fantastic dog you would not wish for a better dog he never barks if i go out the front cleaning car or doing my pots he will just lie and watch no running off i leave him with the run of the house when i go out he touchs nothing and if i put food on the floor before i go out it will be there when i get back hes good as gold.Big smile

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 10:25am
@Nige

Price sounds about right, depending on what quality the 'turf' is, but obviously a bit rich.  Our whole 'make-over' should come in around £2400 if I don't get carried away.  As we are only doing a small part (12 square metres) of what is a small garden, we are going for the 'luxury' stuff.  I saw the very same in Homebase last night and it is £39.99 per square metre just for the turf, so £60-65 including fitting is probably about right.

@Fee

Rule number 1 for artificial turf - NO JOINTS.  It comes 4 metres wide so you adapt the design to suit that.

Great thread this and nice garden Affy.  I am taking photos of mine every morning, so will post before and afters.  Yesterday they stripped everything out except the paving we are retaining and I watched them in the afternoon.  Three of them with Rotavators, shovels and wheelbarrows, working in 27 degree heat (according to the QQ).  Wore me out just looking. LOL

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 10:29am
I wish I had before and after pictures of when we got our Beagle.... he was a ready made gardener!
Within a week of being at home he had dug up every single plant, tipped over all the plant pots, eaten the fish in the water feature and where we were having a conservatory built at the time he'd chewed through all the electrics that had been put it the walls!!
Lovely dog but a nightmare!!
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 10:31am
I thought beagles were well behaved.

Always fancied getting a beagle and calling it Jeremy Wink

gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 10:55am
Beagles with ADHD are NOT well behaved and become very expensive pets.... sadly we gave up after 3 years of heartache and over £2500 in repairs, replacements and containment. 
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 11:13am

Edited by Gemma - 13 Mar 2013 at 3:51pm
w1zzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1zzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Affman Affman wrote:

Think my Mum said its Only Bitches Wee that turns the Grass Brown?...Dunno if thats right, she has 2 Bitches and they leave Browned off Patches all over...... ....any Dog Owners to agree with this?

Just to add, I can fully appreciate 1 pro in having a Dog...It stops the Cats Sh1ttin in your Beds .....

Yes That is correct as far as I know
Ecce Signum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Doth glance from heaven to earth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 9:03pm
here ya go gardening folk, is this a stink beetle? and is it good/bad for your garden?

Would you call a drunkard who works at an upholstery shop a recovering alcoholic?.
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 9:12am
Tesco is doing hanging baskets for £5 not all singing dancing ones but for a £5 note cant grumble.Wink 

allan40alt View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 9:46am
Isn't it lovely when the sun shines...

PS:  This one shows our front garden as well:

Edited by allan40alt - 25 May 2012 at 9:49am
2009 2.0L CVT, Tekna, Blade Silver.
2013 Peugeot 2008 1.6 EGC, Allure, Bianca White.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 10:18am
Blimey Alan Shocked.  Are you open to the public for the Bank Holiday weekend? LOL

That's a cracker Clap.

Mine will fit into your front lawn with room to spare - watch this space for finished pics next week.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic