UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Membership Rewards - Paid member access only. > The Cafe > Other Clubs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

The QQ Gardening Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 1:58pm
Wow - that looks as good as my artificial stuff Tongue.

If it doesn't blend in I guess you could always spread some more around that, spreading thinner as you get further from the tree.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
allan40alt View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 2:15pm
It doesn't take long to blend in.  Last years fill-in can't be seen at all now.

We were thinking of getting artificial grass but the area is to costly to do, and they don't reckon it lasts for ever.  5 to 10 years I think ( and I bet it's nearer to the 5 than the 10).

2009 2.0L CVT, Tekna, Blade Silver.
2013 Peugeot 2008 1.6 EGC, Allure, Bianca White.
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Wow - that looks as good as my artificial stuff Tongue.

If it doesn't blend in I guess you could always spread some more around that, spreading thinner as you get further from the tree.

G5 were those pics of your garden inclusive of the artificial grass?  Have to say it looks much more 'convincing' than I was expecting.
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 9:19am
Yes Mr Cowps, that is the stuff.

As it is only 2 small areas I went for the 'luxury' grade which is soft on your bare feet and even has brown bits woven in so it doesn't look like a greengrocer's display LOL.

I've seen it in Homebase at £39.99 m2 if you want to have a stroke Embarrassed.

Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 4:58pm
Fair play I have to admit it looks good.
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by allan40alt allan40alt wrote:

I posted a picture on 25th May and mentioned about Patch Magic.

Well, the following weekend my wife decided to do away with the flower area around the front garden tree.  She used Patch Magic and has already had to cut it twice (using shears).

This is this morning after just over 3 weeks:

It will, of course, take time to blend in fully but for getting small areas filled in then it really is good to use.

Al.

Big smile

Allan i bought 10 large bags of patch magic which i am going to do my whole new lawn with i got it cheap at tesco last year was only £2 a bag bargain .

Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 10:09pm
Get that mower sharpened.....Wink LOL
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 10:21pm
Heehee.... That patch magic stuff didnt work on my wee baldy bits, I got a bag with no grass seed in it only all the brown soil stuff.... Couldnt figure out why it didnt work and i checked the bag .... No
Grass seed.... Doh!!!!

Fee x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 10:26pm
Allan i have 2 mowers both qualcast classics both electric one has drive on it the other is push but i must admit best mowers i have had .
The one was serviced last year blades sharped  but not used yet.

Fee i am going to use around 5kg of good quality grass seed as well as the patch magic i have used patch magic last year in a small square to try and was very happy with the quality .

My slabs was delivered yesterday and topsoil just waiting for the weather now Big smile

I have done a load of seed planting in my conservatory all night scented stock waiting for them to grow into plugs to plant.

Edited by nige65 - 21 Jun 2012 at 10:31pm

Ecce Signum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Doth glance from heaven to earth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 10:31pm
Never used patch magic but was given some miracle lawn grow several years ago as I had said it was a con. So, did half the lawn and waited a week, the difference was amazing but even though I did the rest of the lawn 10 days later they were never the same shade
Would you call a drunkard who works at an upholstery shop a recovering alcoholic?.
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Ecce Signum Ecce Signum wrote:

Never used patch magic but was given some miracle lawn grow several years ago as I had said it was a con. So, did half the lawn and waited a week, the difference was amazing but even though I did the rest of the lawn 10 days later they were never the same shade

Ecce thats why i am doing the whole lawn in one go with it plus a mix of 5kg of quality grass seed.

Ecce Signum View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Doth glance from heaven to earth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecce Signum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 10:54pm
we live and learn Nige, we live and learn ;)
Would you call a drunkard who works at an upholstery shop a recovering alcoholic?.
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 1:33pm
Lawnmowers.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts and ask other members opinions regarding lawnmowers.

We have a Flymo Glidemaster 380 which gives an excellent cut but has a major problem as it takes almost as long to clean it as it does to mow the grass!

The inner plastic mesh basket collects a lot of grass but it also allows a lot to pass into the surrounding area of the machine. A very awkward machine to clean with lots of interior sections that fill up with the over-spill and the basket is never allowed to fill right up.  It's only ever a quarter or half full.

There are also two vents on the front side of the body with a 'sponge' filter.  Their only job seems to be to get as clogged with cut grass (on the outside) as they can.

We've had several Flymo's but this has to be given the award for the messiest and most awkward machine to clean.

I had thought of getting a new '4 wheel' type of cylinder mower with a rear grass collecting box so I would appreciate other members opinions as to use and suitability on our thick, but soft, lush lawn as I do not like the idea of wheel marks all over it.

PS:  This was the one I was thinking of getting as it has a very good system for 'scooping' grass away from the edge of a wall so that it gets cut:

Edited by allan40alt - 09 Jul 2012 at 1:49pm
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 4:07pm
Ive just got a little Qualcast that ive had for about 12 years and the grass does collect and stick in the Hoover Bit which then hinders the Grass pickup. This only happens when I have been cutting Damp grass (alot this year) and just scrape around it now and again to keep it clean.....Im afraid my garden is not as big as your pasture Allen, small, but perfectly formed....Embarrassed
Unfortunately the BBQ hasnt got as much use this year as i'd intended...Angry...but the wet weather has done wanders for the grass and bedding plants, I havnt even had the irrigation system on this year...Wink
Heres some pics, Post Mo....Big smile

Edited by Affman - 09 Jul 2012 at 4:09pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 4:24pm
Very nice. Nicely done with the thick planting. You can relax and admire your efforts.

Edited by allan40alt - 09 Jul 2012 at 4:36pm
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 4:33pm
Its all a mixture of Variegated Privit, Roses, Honeysuckle, Clematus all bunged in. I like a bit of privacey and grew them all up, I raised the fence a couple of feet with tellace and trained it all into them and they raised another 2/3 feet above that.
This is what it looked like when we bought it 12 years ago. I basically ripped eveything out and started again....

2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 4:50pm
This was my previous Garden, in differnent stages, which i designed myself and did not want to leave my beloved fish pond....Cry

Edited by Affman - 09 Jul 2012 at 4:52pm
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 11:02pm
Aff nice to see someone takes pride in their garden yours looks lovely calming place to be thats what a garden should be for relaxing .

As for lawnmower you will not beat a qualcast i have 2 going to sell one shortly same as this one but one is motorised and one is not .http://www.qualcast.co.uk/cylinder/suffolkelectric12.html.

Now i have been in the garden but weather has held me up big time and only managed to lay my slabs upto now Cry here is a couple of pics so far.

Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 5:30am
Looking good Nige..... ...like to see the dog rip that up.....
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 9:19am
Taking shape nicely, nige.

Ah the Qualcast.  Had one of those years ago (petrol engine!) but we preferred the Flymo (no grass collection in those days on the Flymo).

I would consider a cylinder blade cutter if it had 4 wheels and a rear grass box, but not a petrol.  

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 9:22am
Ah yes - lawnmowers - I remember them Wink.

Use a Dyson now LOL.

nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 9:26am

Taking shape nicely, nige.

Ah the Qualcast.  Had one of those years ago (petrol engine!) but we preferred the Flymo (no grass collection in those days on the Flymo).

I would consider a cylinder blade cutter if it had 4 wheels and a rear grass box, but not a petrol.  

Both of mine are electric tried petrol one few years ago just wheel spined and made muddy patches.

w1zzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1zzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:17am
I use a four wheel electric qualcast with a pick up box on the back

My neighbour has the same size mower but a boosh and mind beats his hands down
Sep 2011 Qashqai 1.5dci n-Tec New Flame Red. AFMC
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:38am
w1zzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1zzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2012 at 10:43am

Like this one?

Yep that's the one
Sep 2011 Qashqai 1.5dci n-Tec New Flame Red. AFMC
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 8:41am
Well i have been in the garden going slow though Laughing to hot now but managed to build my first wall for flower bed and started my second but need more supply`s as in mortar Laughing and i have been held up with appointments so will hit the garden again next week and may see a bigger improvement.

Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 8:58am
Looking good Nige.....the good news is the Weather is getting cooler next week but the bad news is forecasting more rain.....
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 9:03am
Shaping-up nicely Nige. 

I love it when a plan when it comes together. . . Thumbs Up

Edited by allan40alt - 27 Jul 2012 at 11:15am
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012 at 10:06am
Looks great
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 4:36pm
Well bit of an update put my grass seed down fortnight ago and went to blackpool on holiday safely knowing rain was forecast . When i returned after 5 days it was a shock really it had grown about 4"

Anyway i  cut it today and took a couple of pictures .

Still some work to do adding topsoil and seed to some patches maybe and leveling up abit but well pleased.

Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 4:49pm
Good work Nige, just don't let that Dog on it.... ....you've got more patience than me, I'd of just turfed it, but with all the rain we've had seeding is a probably a better option....

I can deffo confirm that even the cheap Wilcos water in lawn feed DOES deffo do wanders for the lawn, before we went a way I sprinkled half the lawn with it and watered in and on returning it was alot greener and twice the height of the other half......

Edited by Affman - 24 Aug 2012 at 4:52pm
Premier
Premier
Resident Comedian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote allan40alt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 5:08pm
It's all coming together nicely.

Looking very good. 
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 1:45pm
Want to come and mine Nige - looks great!!! 
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 6:18pm
Here is a few more pictures done today after cleaning conservatory inside out and cutting grass again still needs some work on the grass getting there though . Bought me a second hand patio set for £30 Wink LOL not a jungle now next year will see loads of new plants Smile

Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 9:25am
Notice the Dog looking at that nice inaccessible New Lawn.....wander what he's thinking?...... ......good job Nige....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic