UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > My Qashqai Wish
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

These are the things I think Nissan missed...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surferride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: These are the things I think Nissan missed...
    Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 11:41am
For some reason I dont understand on a 40K USD car segment I cant understand why the latest Tekna 2014 version doesnt have:

- Electric Drivers Seat Memory: My wife is 1,5 mts, I am 1.83 mts so our seats preference is way too different. It would help a lot to be able to just press a button and get it exactly as we like it. Having the seat already with all the electrical motors, sounds like Nissan really forgot to add this.

- I dont understand why the huge left and right mirrors don't fold when the car is off or everybody is out from the vehicle.

- Air conditioning for the back seaters: It would be nice to have some AC controls on the back for the people sitting on the back.

- Sometimes it could be useful to see the back camera while driving. Taking advantage of all the cameras that already exists inside the car why not having the possibility to have the continuous record possibility that could work as a blackbox.

- The GPS Touch screen can be improved in the sense that is too low, if you need to see the screen while driving it makes you take out your view from the road almost completely, unlike with other cars that allow you to still be able to have a view of the road while driving because the Screen is located immediately below the windshield. 

- I still dont understand why I haven't got the possibility to buy a 4WD version with automatic gearbox. I live in Switzerland and would have got a great benefit from it because of the snow. It feels very strange to buy such a nice car from a high segment without 4WD.  

These are my 2 cents for now, and I haven't received my car yet :)
mavrik64 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mavrik64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 4:42pm
you sure the QQ is the car for you?
i owe, i owe, so off to work i go | 2014 1.6dCi Tekna 4x4 in Pearl Black
surferride View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surferride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 5:30pm
I just have the curse of noticing what things can be improved.

I love the Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Automatic Diesel I bought, otherwise I wouldn't have had purchased it 😃
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 7:12pm
Surferride:
I definitely agree with your points. I've bought 1.6dCi Tekna CVT as well and AWD option would be appreciated. Fuel consumption is 6l /100km with extremely light foot, which compare to my old 1.5dCi is noticable difference. In addition, I experienced that CVT tends to slipper while it's cold in early mornings. Basically it's impossible to harder accelerate in this case. Nissan has no clue what could cause this issue. My feeling is that they don't even bother. Hopefully it won't get worse.
BigP View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 8:58pm
I think the Tekna is an extremely well spec'd car offering great value for money.  Any comments to the contrary lose credibility when one compares the QQ to (I'm sorry to say) other European built models. 

For example, it was a £150 option on my Audi to have an interior light pack - surely for £40K+ they could have put a bulb in the glovebox for free?  Now, that's something to complain about. 
Qashqai Premier Edition - trainee PLEC member although Qashietta really belongs to my wife
I live in a modern household: both kids have iPods, my wife has an iPhone and an iPad. Me...? I pay.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 9:56pm
As above all cars have their plusses & minus's but for the money you cant really complainabout the QQ. Personally in the Tekna I'd swap the leather interior & glass roof for other things (dont know what off hand just I'm really not bothered about those 2 features) & on the Acenta Premium I'd rather have the roof rails than the glass roof, but you cant please everybody all the time.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Kenobi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by surferride surferride wrote:

For some reason I dont understand on a 40K USD car segment I cant understand why the latest Tekna 2014 version doesnt have:

- Electric Drivers Seat Memory: My wife is 1,5 mts, I am 1.83 mts so our seats preference is way too different. It would help a lot to be able to just press a button and get it exactly as we like it. Having the seat already with all the electrical motors, sounds like Nissan really forgot to add this.

I totally agree

Quote I dont understand why the huge left and right mirrors don't fold when the car is off or everybody is out from the vehicle.

Unfortunatelly i do not want this function, i prefer to be able to decide when i want to fold my own mirrors. In the winter, the mirrors freeze up here and I hate to hear the motors crunching and grinding in an attemp to fold the frozen hinge.

Quote - Air conditioning for the back seaters: It would be nice to have some AC controls on the back for the people sitting on the back.

I totally agree
Quote - Sometimes it could be useful to see the back camera while driving. Taking advantage of all the cameras that already exists inside the car why not having the possibility to have the continuous record possibility that could work as a blackbox.

Possibility of using the cameras as a black box drive cam sounds good but having the camera show picture while in motion is actually illegal in many countries. For example BMW navigation units that play videos are disabled when in motion.
Quote The GPS Touch screen can be improved in the sense that is too low, if you need to see the screen while driving it makes you take out your view from the road almost completely, unlike with other cars that allow you to still be able to have a view of the road while driving because the Screen is located immediately below the windshield.

Remember that the GPS instructions is also transmitted to your 5 inch screen between the speedometer and rpm meter like you can't get it any better placed than that. I find its position perfect.

Quote I still dont understand why I haven't got the possibility to buy a 4WD version with automatic gearbox. I live in Switzerland and would have got a great benefit from it because of the snow. It feels very strange to buy such a nice car from a high segment without 4WD.  

I agree too.

Edited by Kenobi - 09 Jun 2014 at 2:28pm
2014 Pearl black Acenta premium 1.5 DCI , Connect and Safety pack. 14/03/2014
keefnet View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keefnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 3:56pm
It would be somewhat weird having the parking cameras recording, due to their positioning and wide angle view. Not sure what view might be obtained from the camera detecting traffic signs but that's probably something also not ideal for a record.
I added my own recorder that shows me front view and qtr screen of back view -- wish I could make it 100% back view as that would be useful, even though I've not really noticed the rear view via the mirror to be that much of an issue -- and blind spots are nicely covered when parking with 360 degree view.

On all your other points, agree the same as others commented.

Great car though -- weird getting used to the pull button hand brake... good though. If we ever get snow again, wonder what it's going to drive like then.... oh, I digress
Gun metal Tekna 1.5 DCi - crossover pack, plus chrome bling, bonnet protector,wind deflectors, twin-horn upgrade, AcesDVD auto-closing Mirror Kit, and retro fit mirror override :-)
surferride View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surferride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 5:57am
Hi All! I received my Qashqai yesterday, I must say I am super happy with it! And the mirrors have a button to fold which I didn't know! 😃

I am very satisfied for the product till now on my first 70km ride 😃
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 6:24am
Get some pics up, Surferride .......
Tiff

Edited by Tiffany - 12 Jun 2014 at 6:26am
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
UrbanNomad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 12:11pm
I agree, both leather seats and the glass roof do not appeal to me, also I'm not a fan of privacy glass. However as specs go, I think Nissan have struck a good balance when compared to direct competitors. 

Smile

Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic