UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - TMC not working and disconnecting batery question
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

TMC not working and disconnecting batery question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinnyh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TMC not working and disconnecting batery question
    Posted: 19áNová2014 at 3:36pm
Hi All,

Have a 2007 Qashqai with the built in Sat-Nav. Over the last week or so (possibly since it was in for its last service) the TMC icon remains grey even in areas where it would work fine before. I've noticed the icon will change from lower case to upper case which I assume is to indicate signal strength and have even ran a self-diagnostics which shows no problems. I understand the TMC frequency runs on the Classic FM frequency and have checked to see if the reception is ok and that's fine too.

There is a suggestion on the internet about disconnecting the battery, has anyone had a similar experience? did disconnecting the battery resolve the issue?

One last question, I cannot see anywhere in the manual that a code is required for the radio? though again there is a suggestion that the radio/Sat-Nav can only work in the car it was fitted to?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tekna2008 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tekna2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27áMará2017 at 12:06pm
This is an old post. Do you still need help? I had the same problem and found a quick and cheap solution. let me know if I can help
QQ 2008 Tekna 2,0 dci
Xtrail 09 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xtrail 09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áMayá2017 at 9:20pm
Hi I have an xtrail with the same issue. Any help solving it would be appreciated
Tekna2008 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekna2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áMayá2017 at 8:13am
Hi. You have to reset the unit. Press settings and turn the volume button. Then you get 2 options.
Use the bottom one and then press settings again with turning the volume. There you get a deeper
menu. Scroll down to something like sram reset. Can't remember the exact name.
Enter that and follow the instructions. Remember that doing this it will reset to factory settings
and it will empty your unit

This is 2 minutes work

Good luck
QQ 2008 Tekna 2,0 dci
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic