Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > My Qashqai Wish
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

TOMTOM software for connect

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote millport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áAugá2012 at 12:25pm
hi everybody, i bought a QQ + 2 NTEC 1.5 CDI - last week,  does anyone know how "updated" is the sat nav system connect is?
                                cheers millport.
MILLPORT; QASHQAI+2,1.5Ci.110 n-TEC.+ 5D, MAGNETIC RED.
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áAugá2012 at 1:25pm
If you have the latest SD card in there (should be a load of Numbers ending with a "D" then thats as up to date as you're going to get for now.... and thats between 12 & 18 monthsd out of date!
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
AndyB View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áAugá2012 at 7:37pm
We have a tomtom live 120 that spends most of the time in the glove box working away telling us of any speed traps. I suspect that the average motorist knows where they are going 90% of the time so don't need navigation aids. The tomtom comes out of the glove box if I am going somewhere I don't know or when I am driving home from work in peak time as it guides me around traffic jams.
The connect system is so intrusive that I never use it these days, the tomtom tells me when I need to change direction where as the connect tells me to go straight on at every junction.
1.6 dci Tekna on order
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áAugá2012 at 8:06pm
I have always said that connect Sat Nav was ok for me.....I rarely use it ....but admit after a week in Cornwall a few weeks ago with the most up to date SD card, is severely lacking, to the extent of me 'F'ing and Blinding as it took me down extremely narrow roads, 5 miles out of my way, when if it was up to date, and I mean, just by 12 months it would have taken me straight there. I will add that this is a place we have been to 7 times in the past 10 years and got within 100 yds off the entrance to it, but cos they'd sold off part of the their land and built a bl00dy great Sainsburys superstore in the way this was the reason but strongly suspect if I'd have had my Old TomTom with me, would of taken away all the stress of backing up 150 yds down narrow lanes to let a Caravan towing Car get past obviously with an inferior Sat Nav like Connect.....,
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áAugá2012 at 10:15pm
Yep. It's carp.

To be honest, I wish i'd saved myself some money and bought the Accenta now.
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áAugá2012 at 1:33pm
I saved the money and bought the Acenta.... then bought the Connect LOL

Must be honest, always have the TomTom on iPhone running at the same time on most trips!!
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
Saraj View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áAugá2012 at 1:51pm
I got the Acenta with Connect and have only really used it once, and it served me proper. Took me round a complicating one way system which my previous tomtom would ask me to go down one way roads !

But like I said only used it once in the month and half ive had the car.....
Brand New Nissan Qashqai 2012 !

Love it !
Tovarish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tovarish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áAugá2012 at 10:52pm
Well I have used the sat nav loads of times and when set to fastest can't say i've had any issues.  Have tried shortest and economical settings previously and would never use them again as they both took me around the houses. I have used it on the continent and found it to be really good.  I've not had a Tom Tom before but have a Garmin which was better and more accurate than my parents Tom Tom and I like the connect more, the connect is way better than the Volvo RTI I had in my V70.
White 2014 Qashqai 1.2 Acenta
Grey 2014 Juke 1.5dci Tekna
agzilla View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áJulá2013 at 11:06pm
I've had my QQ for two years or so now.. and FINALY got round to taking out the 6 CD changer crapalo unit that came with it after it refused to accept CD's and blatantly lost track of what CD's it had loaded or not.....  Reduced to a radio...

So I fitted a Connect Unit I bought the week I got the car and realised the CD changer couldn't play mp3 CD's...

So I'm here cos I was looking for a way to change the voice on the SatNav..... But seems it's not possible...

On the whole though..I'm loving it...probably due to being stuck with the CD changer previously...

But now i'm USB port fitted, memory stick with my folders as playlists... the trick is to number the files in the folders as you want them to run...

The Satnav hasn't steered me wrong yet.....

I'm pretty stoked...for ú100 the connect was all worth it!

Zz.
Zz.

COMING STRAIGHT OUTTA CONTEXT!
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áJulá2013 at 11:17am
You can't beat a good old road map to get you to the general area, and the connect sat nav to guide you the last couple of miles to your destination.

I was in the US on business a couple of years ago with a team driving a hire car from Los Angeles to San Diego.  There is nothing more frustrating being in the back seat watching the front seat navigator/driver following a Sat Nav direction to 'take the next exit' when still 100 miles away and totally ignoring the overhead freeway signs stating 'San Diego Straight Ahead'. Confused

The Sat Nav took us around a junction and then straight back up onto the same freeway after only a couple of hundred yards.

Edited by Doug999 - 20áJulá2013 at 11:24am
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic