UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai 2014 - > Qashqai 2014 > ICE - and Technology in the >2014 Qashqai
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Sat Nav

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna
NO STRESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Applauso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sat Nav
    Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 10:27am
I see there is an SD card for the satnav. My dealer said this can't be updated and not to remove it. This seems strange to me. They said the only way of updating was to buy new cards when an update comes out at a cost of £250. I can't believe that. Anybody know different?
1.6 Tekna Gun metallic
Kenobi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 10:38am
I am not sure that this is the ONLY way, maybe the only official way but i have repeatedly seen SATnav SD cards for sale on ebay for a fraction of the price.
As with anything bought on ebay make sure you read the user feedbacks to hear if the product is what it claims and if the seller is reliable.

That is what i will do if i ever decide to update my Connect Europa SD card .

For example:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R1.TR4.TRC1.A0.H1.Xconnect+sd+card&_nkw=nissan+connect+sd+card&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Edited by Kenobi - 26 Mar 2014 at 10:40am
2014 Pearl black Acenta premium 1.5 DCI , Connect and Safety pack. 14/03/2014
Applauso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
NO STRESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Applauso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 10:44am
My Mazda CX5 - I could just pop the card into my laptop and update it. It was a built in Tom Tom.
1.6 Tekna Gun metallic
Rainbird View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 12:57pm
On the same subject I have just been told (by a map supplier in the Netherlands) that I cannot have a Speed Camera Database added to my Sat Nav as my Connect system is version 1.0. Apparently it can only be added to Connect 1.5 so I guess that means there's no point updating the SD card if the Connect system cannot handle it - back to the old TomTom I guess. 
Any comments appreciated.
2010, 1.6, N-Tec, Silver
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 1:14pm
I  would say thats rubbish, on a 2010 n-tec you can easily add pocketgpsworlds camera  database (the database out  there) via the usb drive.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Rainbird View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 1:34pm
Thanks - I'll re-check but my research online says....

"Only Nissan Connect 1.5 navigation systems are compatible for the 'speed camera alert product'.

To find out what device you have on the Nav system you click Setup>Navigation>POI Setup>Device Info. If Device ID appears you are the owner of 1.5 if no device ID appears it is Connect 1.0.

When I follow those instructions on mine I don't get POI Setup or Device Info. 

I must admit to being surprised if I cannot get this for a 2010 car.
2010, 1.6, N-Tec, Silver
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 1:44pm
Is that referring to Nissans own camera database though which wasnt on earlier 2010 cars but you could load a different database eg pocketgpsworld. My 1st QQ was a June 2010 & took the the 3rd party ones, others like craigfishin had March 2010 (the 1st facelifts) & I know he also used pocketgpsworld.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Rainbird View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rainbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 2:06pm
OK thanks - mines November 2010 so should be OK - I'll check with pocketgpsworld 

Do you download this onto the existing Nissan SD card?
2010, 1.6, N-Tec, Silver
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 2:14pm
no you download the .csv files & put them on a usb stick & it loads from there. Its is importantant that the folder structure is correct though, give me a couple of minutes & I'll look up the details.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 2:27pm
The folders should be arranged & named exactly as below, the capital & lower case letters should be as below.

1. On a  usb stcik have a folder called   myPOIs
2. Inside that have a folder named     myPOIWarnings
3. Inside that will be the files         pocketgps_uk_masters_and_pmobile.csv
   &     pocketgps_uk_sc.csv
4. Stick the usb in the slot under armrest & a message asking if you want to download will appear (sometimes the message doesnt appear & you have to press (iirc) navigation/pois/download new pois on the connect.
The files will then copy across - it sometimes hangs a bit near the end but just wait.

You have to contribute to pktgpsworld to get the files but if you pm me your email I will mail you the last ones I got, a  couple of months ago.
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 5:15pm
Your dealer is right about the SD Cards not being able to update - which is really poor.
As mentioned above, there are others out there and at good prices.

Don't be too disheartened though, even the up to date ones are 18 months out of date.
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
Andy Paul View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 10:58pm
does anyone know how you get speed camera or map updates on the new 2014 connect 2 system, in all the adverts for Nissan and the connect system (you & Nissan ) it says you have 2 years free back up with the new connect and of course the car comes with a 3 year warranty, so surely we should be unable to receive free updates.
on my portable tomtom for work I get daily speed camera updates and 4 map updates a year
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic