UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

interior switch fallen inside dashboard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lillip73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: interior switch fallen inside dashboard
    Posted: 02áJaná2015 at 9:55pm
hi. the button for my traction control has been pushed inside the dash board, i can get a screw driver to it but cannot pull it through

any idea how to take the whole panel off so i can push the switch back through from behind

thanks

lee
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJaná2015 at 10:11pm
Yikes ! Sounds Like Lots of work involved there ?.

Welcome to the UK's biggest Qashqai Club and owners forum.

Heres a few pointers to help make using the forum easier, just click on the blue quick links.

Please make sure you have read the club rules, this will help make your use of the forum much easier : ClubRules.
If you need any help, feel free to contact one of our great team who will assist in any way they can .

Administrators :
PR07HET
Craigfishin

Moderator group :
Tiffany
G5 Boy
Gadget
Affman

The club is run on contributions by members, which allows the site to be advertising free with all money raised going toward running costs, web fees, club meets, competition prizes and various charities.
By contributing to the running costs of the club (ú6 or ú10 including a club window sticker) you get full access to post and start new threads anywhere on the forum plus access to discounts from our great selection of retailers and other great sections currently unavailable to you. If you want to contribute to the club, please see here : How to contribute.
No spamming is allowed , any advertising must be agreed with admin in advance. If you are interested in adding your company to our discount section please contact Craigfishin

The forum is a wealth of information. Please use the search option before starting new threads to save creating multiple threads on the same subject.

Thanks for joining, we hope you find all you need to know about your Qashqai and make a few new friends in the process. We have a great bunch of members on here, who all are willing to help if they can.

We also have club meets and excursions if you are interested. Please see link below from our visit to the Nissan Sunderland Plant to see the Qashqai being built : Nissan Sunderland meet.
Or our very successful joint meet with the Juke Owners Club, Juke Owners Group, Cube Owners Club and the Note Owners Club. With Nissan event's team in attendance with limited edition cars on display : Annual Wicksteed meet.

Once again we would like to welcome you to the Qashqai Club and look forward to getting to know you and we hope you enjoy your time here.
Lynn

Edited by Tiffany - 02áJaná2015 at 10:12pm
X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJaná2015 at 11:59pm
Doesnt the panel that the switch is mounted on just pop out so you can clip the switch back in. Never paid much attention to it on the QQ tbh just going by other cars I've had.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
vic21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áJaná2015 at 12:18pm
Hi lillip73.

Don't have traction control on mine but does this help?:

Dashboard

Hope link works
Vic
(Also in Bristol)
2007 1.6i Acenta, Met Orange
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áJaná2015 at 12:22pm
What year Qq are we talking?
andspenka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Club Meet King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andspenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áJaná2015 at 2:13pm
Isn't the traction control button mounted on the same panel as the mirror controls?

If so, the whole panel comes out. Just get something very slim in the gap at the bottom and prise it out, you can also give it a gentle push from inside the fuse box if your fingers are long enough.
2014 1.5 Dci Tekna in Ink Blue
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áJaná2015 at 3:01pm
If it's the same as mine it does.infact I popped mine out a couple of weeks ago to fit the auto door mirrors kit.I used a dinner knife(thin but blunt) into the gap (needs a good shove as the surrounding is padded.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áJaná2015 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by andspenka andspenka wrote:

Isn't the traction control button mounted on the same panel as the mirror controls?

If so, the whole panel comes out. Just get something very slim in the gap at the bottom and prise it out, you can also give it a gentle push from inside the fuse box if your fingers are long enough.

Thats what I was thinking with my post, had a feeling it was the panel I took out when fitting the auto mirror kit
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic