UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Nissan Connect System

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Connect System
    Posted: 23†Feb†2015 at 2:22pm
Hi everyone.

I have been reading the topics on here with interest for some time now.  Never thought I would be posting a problem with my new car just a month after driving it out of the dealership though!!

I bought a QQ Tekna  1.5 Diesel in ink blue and it has been brilliant until this weekend.  The radio and the I Pod will play for anything up to 30 seconds and then cuts out.  A message then comes up on the screen about aux support and Connect decides to switch off leaving me with the Nissan logo before turning off completely.  It will then turn on again and take me through the whole process once more.  I have booked it in with the local dealers for Thursday but wondered if anyone else had a problem like this and what the outcome was.  

Maybe the QQ has got tired of playing Gerry and the Pacemakers!!

I don't know technical terms I am sorry to say so bear with me if my description of my car is basic.  I do know however, that it is the most comfortable car I have owned and visits to my osteopath have decreased significantly since owning it.

I will let you know how I get on after the dealer has seen it in case someone else has the same sort of problem.

Must get ready to collect the granddaughters from school now, (one of the perk of retirement).

Regards,

Doug

Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23†Feb†2015 at 2:28pm
Hi there, sounds like you need a software upgrade.

Only take your dealer a few minutes. I had mine done a short time ago.
Lynn
P.s I love Gerry and the Pacemakers... Ferry across the Mersey cos this lands the place I love . I'm a Liverpool lass. Can you tell ?

Edited by Tiffany - 23†Feb†2015 at 2:32pm
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23†Feb†2015 at 2:29pm
Hi again Doug.

A big warm Welcome to the UK's biggest Qashqai Club and owners forum.

Heres a few pointers to help make using the forum easier, just click on the blue quick links.

Please make sure you have read the club rules, this will help make your use of the forum much easier : ClubRules.
If you need any help, feel free to contact one of our great team who will assist in any way they can .

Administrators :
PR07HET
Craigfishin

Moderator group :
Tiffany
G5 Boy
Gadget
Affman

The club is run on contributions by members, which allows the site to be advertising free with all money raised going toward running costs, web fees, club meets, competition prizes and various charities.
By contributing to the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club window sticker) you get full access to post and start new threads anywhere on the forum plus access to discounts from our great selection of retailers and other great sections currently unavailable to you. If you want to contribute to the club, please see here : How to contribute.
No spamming is allowed , any advertising must be agreed with admin in advance. If you are interested in adding your company to our discount section please contact Craigfishin

The forum is a wealth of information. Please use the search option before starting new threads to save creating multiple threads on the same subject.

Thanks for joining, we hope you find all you need to know about your Qashqai and make a few new friends in the process. We have a great bunch of members on here, who all are willing to help if they can.

We also have club meets and excursions if you are interested. Please see link below from our visit to the Nissan Sunderland Plant to see the Qashqai being built : Nissan Sunderland meet.
Or our very successful joint meet with the Juke Owners Club, Juke Owners Group, Cube Owners Club and the Note Owners Club. With Nissan event's team in attendance with limited edition cars on display : Annual Wicksteed meet.

Once again we would like to welcome you to the Qashqai Club and look forward to getting to know you and we hope you enjoy your time here.
Lynn
oufc View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23†Feb†2015 at 3:53pm
Hi Lynn,

Thanks for reply.  The Dealer looked on line and told me the car did not need any updates but he did not fill me with confidence when he did not what the Nissan Connect system is.

P.S. I married a Liverpool lass and I will give her credit, she has been with me to see Gerry although she is not a big fan.  

Thanks again,

Doug
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23†Feb†2015 at 4:09pm

Check the software version you have

press and hold SETUP button

At the same time turn zoom knob counter clockwise to 9 o'clock

Then turn the knob clockwise to 3 o'clock... and again turn it back (counter clockwise) to 9 o'clock
.follow the screen to check the software version and let us know.

Someone on here has a list.,,

Or failing that....Might be a bad connection.

Let us know what your dealer makes of it.

Edited by Tiffany - 23†Feb†2015 at 4:10pm
oufc View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Feb†2015 at 1:17pm
According to the dealer it would appear that there is a DAB reception problem that is affecting the Connect system in certain parts of the country, but why it is happening is unknown.  Nissan are working on a patch to overcome the problem and I will be notified when it will be available. 
At least I can still use the car - just cannot have music etc.,  

Thanks for your responses Lynn, I will post again when the problem is sorted - the dealer said Nissan were normally pretty quick with these sort of issues.

Regards,

Doug

sdeller View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Feb†2015 at 3:37pm
I have seen the internal document not for public viewing from Nissan and there is no timeline for a fix - I bought a new Qashqai in Nov and on day one these issues occurred - I have gone as far as the Chief Executives office ( james.wright@nissan.co.uk is his email address ) if you want to email but basically they don't care
I have had the unit replaced but it doesn't fix it there is NO fix, this is shown on the document where it says don't tell customers - at present the garage I was at had 5 customers in the same boat and 4 at another dealer - they just can't do anything

NISSAN customer services is a disgrace to the name customer services
oufc View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Feb†2015 at 4:15pm
Thanks for info sdeller.

I collected my car this afternoon.  Having been told Nissan were quick at sorting these problems out I was then told they would check with Nissan on weekly basis.  I will email this Chief Exec but from what you have said I don't hold out much hope for an honest answer. 

I was told that my car had a new model or radio/CD etc and that the recall about the system was for mostly for the 13/63 reg numbers.  If that system works OK why can't they replace the new models with the older versions, surely the cost would be outweighed by enhancing customer relations.

Regards,

Doug

sdeller View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Feb†2015 at 4:46pm
If anyone needs a copy of the internal document then please post you email address and will be happy to send to you - in case you want to go legal under the Sale of Goods Act
oufc View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Feb†2015 at 8:07pm
Please send a copy to the address below, thanks.

dewcew@outlook.com

I have just opened this account to receive the document and will delete it upon receipt.

Written an e mail to Mr James Wright and to the original dealer - lets see what response is forthcoming.
Damon NTEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damon NTEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Feb†2015 at 11:27am
Wonder if it's the same for mine. I connect my phone to the stereo the after a while the stereo goes blank and won't turn back on!
oufc View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Feb†2015 at 12:31pm
Damon,

According to my local dealer the issue I described above relates to the latest system.  I cannot remember all the model number but it does end in 300.  Certainly worth a visit to your dealer I think.

Doug
tonychurly View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonychurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Feb†2015 at 1:43pm
From my experience the issue of phone and blank screen is related to the partiular phone. Mine works fine with Connect but my wifes (also a Samsung) gived#s the blank screen problem. Neither are on Nissan's list of approved phones.
TC

TC
oufc View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Feb†2015 at 4:38pm
TC,

That's an interesting thought as my phone is a Samsung.  When your system plays up does it affect the radio and auxiliary? - because my system goes completely berserk, playing snatches and then turning off and on at will.  Next time I am in the car I will turn the Bluetooth of my phone off and see if that makes a difference.

I have just had an e mail response from Nissan telling me they are looking into my situation and they will contact me when they know more.
Damon NTEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damon NTEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Feb†2015 at 4:48pm
What's the email address for Nissan please so I can ask about mine. Many thanks
oufc View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Feb†2015 at 4:56pm
This is the e mail address for a Mr Simon Flew who has responded to me today regarding my iissue. Hope it helps.

NMGB - MD Mail <NMGB-MDMail@nissan.co.uk

Regards,

Doug
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonychurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Feb†2015 at 5:16pm
Not noticed the switching around but it often restarts a few times and then shuts down completely and sometimes when turned back on needs  the code re-entered to give it the kiss of life.

TC
oufc View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Feb†2015 at 5:21pm
TC,

Thanks for info - sounds similar but I think mine needs a transplant more than the kiss of life.  Will try disengaging Bluetooth though.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonychurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Feb†2015 at 5:32pm
I just deleted the bluetooth phone and the problem vanished.
TC
TC
oufc View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02†Mar†2015 at 12:16pm
Hi TC,

Sorry for late response.

Deleted my phone but it made no difference.  I have a 4 hour round trip tomorrow - no music - deep joy.  (Still love the car though!)

Regards,

Doug
oufc View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03†Mar†2015 at 1:02pm
Update:

I had a phone call from Mr Flew this morning.  He told me the issue was due to changes to DAB and that the engineers were working hard to produce a software update.  He thought it could be available in a matter of days. Mr Flew told me that Nissan were not the only manufacturer with this problem.

He also said that Nissan were not trying to hide the issue as suggested by SDeller.  I did ask SDeller to send me a copy of this alleged internal memo from Nissan to dealers but to  date I have not received it - makes me wonder!!

Finally, Mr Flew said he would phone me when the update was available.

Regards,

Doug

jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03†Mar†2015 at 2:08pm
My car is an early J11 March 2014 and I have not had a single problem with DAB even in the hills around North Yorkshire. I was wary when the dealer recently updated my software to DO 53 as I had experienced no problems at all. The update was done and apart from having to re link my phone everything works as it should with perfect DAB reception.
New Qashqai 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White.Chrome front lip finisher,Chrome Side Sills, Chrome Glass Finisher,Chrome Lower Trunk Finisher,White Side Mouldings,WhiteAlloyGaytors,Cross Over Pack,Deflectors
oufc View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03†Mar†2015 at 2:36pm
Hi jonceebee,

Maybe like a few others I was just unlucky!  I collected my QQ in January and everything was fine for a month.  Hopefully it won't be too long before it is sorted.

Great scenery in your area, I have great memories of visiting the countryside up there  a few years ago. 

Regards,

Doug

oufc View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06†Mar†2015 at 12:32pm
Update:

I had a phone call from Mr Flew this morning.  He told me the engineers had developed a software update that overcame the DAB problem and it was now waiting to be 'signed off' before implementation. Mr Flew also said he would phone me again when the update was available which he thought would be next week.

My Connect system went wrong after visiting Oxford.  I went there again on Tuesday and it started working again on my way back.  I will be going there again on the 17th of this month so hope history does repeat itself if the update has not been installed!! 

Daitwice View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daitwice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07†Mar†2015 at 8:20pm
Picked my 15 plate up on 2 march and really cheesed off with the radio problem. the Nissan connect turns off and on every 3 minutes. Timed it whilst stuck in traffic. Going for a software update Tuesday so hope it works.

oufc View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07†Mar†2015 at 9:15pm
Hi Daitwice,

Hope all goes well for you on Tuesday.  I was told that if the vehicle goes into areas that have this DAB problem that is when the system plays up.  I don't know where these areas are, but was told Herefordshire where I live was not one of them. Maybe going into Oxfordshire or an area between those two Counties caused mine to 'catch the virus'!!  

Anyway fingers crossed for you on Tuesday.  If the update does not work I am sure the one the engineers have just finished will do the job when it is signed off and released.

QQLover View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QQLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07†Mar†2015 at 10:47pm
I've only had mine one day, I've noticed it's a little glitchy, and it made a high pitched noise when I changed track from my USB stick...initially I thought it was gremlins on the MP3 file, but it turns out its the headunit, removing the USB and reinserting it did the trick.

I had no idea people were STILL waiting for updates for this sorta stuff, will be keeping A keen eye on this thread so hopefully I can mine updated as close as possible to the new one being released.

Out of interest though, is anyone familiar with the roll out process involved, does it go out to all the dealerships at once ?
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07†Mar†2015 at 11:15pm
Hi Doug,
I have seen the document sdeller speaks of. In no way shape or form have Nissan told dealers to be dishonest with customers.In fact I think they have been upfront and informative.

The areas affected... Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire &Bedfordshire.... Other areas to be looked at.

Sounds like the poster had an axe to grind. After all the finger pointing he never came back here... I find that peculiar

I'll try to dig it out.
Lynn

Edited by Tiffany - 08†Mar†2015 at 12:07am
Daitwice View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daitwice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08†Mar†2015 at 10:17am
Thanks. My car was delivered via Herefordshire so that could be the problem. I am in The Swansea area so will post how I get on on Tuesday. Modern technology eh! Great when it works! Aside from the radio, really like the car, much better than the previous model.
oufc View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08†Mar†2015 at 1:39pm
Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the info.  I agree totally that Nissan have been honest with this issue.   In all of my dealings with Mr Flew he has kept to his promise to keep me updated.  He denied they had anything to hide a while ago and you have kindly confirmed what I thought as Sdeller never sent me a copy of it.  

Regards,

Doug

oufc View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08†Mar†2015 at 1:45pm
Daitwice,

As Tiffany posted, the problem affects Hertfordhire among other counties. As far as I know Herefordshire is not one of the affected areas. Seems to be more to the east of us.  Mine is still working properly again, (another trip to Oxford might nadger that though).

Like you, I really like the car and have never felt so comfortable driving.

Regards,

Doug
oufc View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19†Mar†2015 at 5:01pm
UPDATE:

I took my QQ in to the local dealer today and the software update has been installed.  I have to say that I have been impressed by Nissan and Mr Simon Flew in particular.  The local dealer did not think I would have received the update so soon without Mr Flew's involvement.  

Throughout the process I have been kept informed by Mr Flew and am once again an extremely happy teddy bear!!

Regards,

Doug
QQLover View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QQLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20†Mar†2015 at 7:00am
That's great news!
Well done, has this software update been rolled out nationwide do you know ? Or did you get preferential treatment lol

I'm considering taking mine in, it's still got a few gremlins, not enough to have catastrophic failures (yet) but a few bugs when using USB and the DAB is a bit skitty. Is there anywhere that lists the actual changelog for the software update, im curious to see what it actually fixes
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20†Mar†2015 at 7:46am
Hey Doug... Great news.

QQLover, I suppose the dealer has to have their equipment upgraded to enable them to perform upgrades ?
QQLover View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QQLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20†Mar†2015 at 7:48am
Yeah I guess so, although I wasn't sure if the dealers get some sort of nationwide rollout online, or if each individual one has to get a carrier pigeon with a USB stick containing the software from HQ (which can obviously take some time)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic