Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > QASHQAI+2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

+2 insurance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashstu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: +2 insurance
    Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 9:22pm
WE HAVE BEEN CHECKING OUR INSURANCE QUOTES FOR OUR 58 PLATE QASHQAI +2, 2 LTR DIESEL, 4WD, AUTOMATIC,  TEKNA.  AND HAVE JUST DISCOVERED THAT AS FAR AS INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE CONCERNED THE CAR WAS NEVER MADE - NISSAN DID MAKE A QASHQAI BUT NOT A PLUS 2 IN THIS SPEC. TURNS OUT THE POLICY WE HAD FOR THE LAST YEAR WAS FOR A 5 SEATER QASHQAI - HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR POLICY AND ANY IDEAS WHERE WE GO FROM HERE ARE WELCOME !
QQ+2 TEKNA. FIRED IRON. 2.0 TDI AUTO 4X4.
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 9:33pm
Our insurance definitely states Nissan Qashqai+2 tekna 4WD. That's with the Co-operative insurance groupThumbs Up
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
qashstu View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashstu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 10:30pm
HERE WE GO - I HAVE NOW DISCOVERED THAT FULL SCALE PRODUCTION OF THE QASHQAI +2     2.0 DCI 4WD, AUTOMATIC TEKNA  DID NOT START UNTIL 2010 AND SO OUR 58 PLATE DOES NOT SHOW ON THE INSURANCE COMPANY LISTINGS. WILL CALL AVIVA IN THE MORNING AND FIND OUT IF OUR QQ+2 IS INSURABLE - WATCH THIS SPACE !
qashstu View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashstu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 10:22am
I HAVE NOW SPOKE WITH THE INSURANCE COMPANY AGAIN AND AFTER FIRST BRUSHING OFF MY OBSERVATION THAT OUR POLICY STATED WE OWNED A QASHQAI INSTEAD OF A +2, I FINALY SPOKE TO THE HEAD OF CUSTOMER SERVICES AND SHE GOT IT SORTED AND EVEN TOOK A FEW QUID OFF FOR ALL MY TROUBLES, NEXT STOP THE DEALERSHIP WHO SOLD ME A NON STANDARD QQ+2 AND SEE IF I CAN FIND OUT JUST HOW MANY OF THIS SPEC WERE MADE BEFORE THE PRODUCTION DATE OF 2010. CHECK THE SPEC AGAINST YOURS AND LET ME KNOW - QASHQAI +2 2008 2LTR DCI AUTOMATIC TEKNA (BROWN LEATHER INTERIOR)
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 11:19am
I,m pretty sure the the +2 came out in September/October 2008. You could get the 2 liter dci in manual or autoBig smile

Edited by mohawk - 25 Aug 2010 at 11:21am
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
AlleyCat View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlleyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 11:20am
In Autotrader tests:-

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/articles/2008/08/cars/nissan/qashqai/nissan-qashqai2-2-0dci-tekna-4x4-auto-car-review

Key facts

Model tested: Nissan Qashqai+2 2.0dCi Tekna ALL MODE 44 auto
On the road price: 23,799
Range price: 17,199 23,799
Date tested: August 2008.
Road tester: Adrian Higgins

Doesn't seem that none standard if they were giving them out to road testers in 2008.

HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 11:21am
Never heard of an insurance Co. not insuring a new model......seems strange. 
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 11:24am
Well we had the 2L petrol +2 tekna CVT 4WD (first one) in October 2008Ermm
RealWombat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealWombat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 2:40pm
I found when hunting on the interwebs for insurance that even now, if you selected "Nissan" and then "Qashqai+2" as the model, there was no QQ+2 1.5dCi n-tec.

Instead, you had to select "Nissan" and "Qashqai" (not +2) - and if you scrolled down the list, the +2 was somewhere near the bottom there! 

RW
QQ+2 1.5dCi n-tec Nightshade... born 19 July 2010
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 10:48am
You've got me checking now - my certificate just says G5BOY-NISSAN QASHQAI and that's all the paperwork I have.  I called AXA and spoke to a nice young man who said as I was an internet customer, all the more detailed paperwork is accessible online.  He checked to save me doing so and it is there as a +2 which automatically means they know it has 7 seats - phew. 

There was a bit of confusion though when he said '7-doors? - we only have a 5-door listed' LOL.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 11:37am
Guess you might need some advice from one of our Aussie members on that wringle

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic