UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

funny cabin noise..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Flashybike1 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flashybike1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: funny cabin noise..
    Posted: 12áMará2018 at 8:10pm
Yay fixed it for me!
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMayá2013 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by methley methley wrote:

Holy thread resurrection! Smile

Just been searching as my QQ is making a similar noise on and off.  Stopping and restarting the engine usually makes it go away  Just been out to squeeze my ball so let's see if that fixes it!

Yep squeezing the ball does fix it, it's air in the fuel lines.  But stopping/starting the engine always seems to do it too.

If you read your manual, you'll find it tells you to squeeze the primer pump under the bonnet every time you fill up the car.  Must be a design "issue" where air gets into the lines when you refill.

gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMayá2013 at 3:35pm
Steady on Methley..... that might make a worse noise!!! Pinch

And if you're in Bath - you really should be attending our detailing day tomorrow in Trowbridge Big smile
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
methley View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote methley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMayá2013 at 2:54pm
Holy thread resurrection! Smile

Just been searching as my QQ is making a similar noise on and off.  Stopping and restarting the engine usually makes it go away  Just been out to squeeze my ball so let's see if that fixes it!
SOLD - 2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade - with the discerning wheel choice.
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áOctá2010 at 8:38pm
LOL
ian_clyde View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian_clyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áOctá2010 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Kano Kano wrote:

I have had this for three years and it only happens about once a month, i haven't ever run out of fuel and it has done it before and after a new fuel filter, i have put it down to one of those little things that just makes it a Qashqai, it must have something to do with fuel pressures either in the supply or return pipes. But i have to say that after months of mentioning this on here Ian, you are the first that has come back and said it is the same problem with the same cure. Welcome to the club.

see you are never the odd one out with wee problems like this..lol...i had a megane once and realised that the odd one out was the one with NO problems lol Clap
2008 1.5 acenta..black..alphamirror..chrome fogs, handles, tailgate handle, grille,low profile wind deflectors, fitted sunshades, TTI 881 CB 68CT006 UK&EU
ian_clyde View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian_clyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áOctá2010 at 8:34pm

I have had this for three years and it only happens about once a month, i haven't ever run out of fuel and it has done it before and after a new fuel filter, i have put it down to one of those little things that just makes it a Qashqai, it must have something to do with fuel pressures either in the supply or return pipes. But i have to say that after months of mentioning this on here Ian, you are the first that has come back and said it is the same problem with the same cure. Welcome to the club.
2008 1.5 acenta..black..alphamirror..chrome fogs, handles, tailgate handle, grille,low profile wind deflectors, fitted sunshades, TTI 881 CB 68CT006 UK&EU
GSX600FMAN View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áOctá2010 at 10:44pm
Is this the effect known as 'water Hammer'? I think when air in a 'system' is compressed by a pump, in our case, and then that air pushes back. Then through resonance or harmonics you can get a noise or banging. 
Any plumbing experts out there to 'blow' my theory?
It's probably wise to squeeze the diesel fuel priming pump once in a while to get the air to move on to where it can be vented.
Ordered QQ+2 Tekna 1.5 black on 20/4/10 expected 10/7/10. Collected on 19/7/10
Kano View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áOctá2010 at 9:06pm
ian_clyde View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian_clyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áOctá2010 at 9:02pm
Censored didnt think of that my friend.....going by what was in the tank when i got her...you could be right..
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áOctá2010 at 8:57pm
but the dealer might have ???? see if it happens again mate if not was probably the dealers fault
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
ian_clyde View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian_clyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áOctá2010 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by craigfishin craigfishin wrote:

air usually ,happens if you let her run too dry

i've never let my tank go on the empty....
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áOctá2010 at 8:13pm
air usually ,happens if you let her run too dry
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
ian_clyde View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian_clyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áOctá2010 at 8:12pm

Fuel pipes vibrating. Next time it does it leave the engine running and lift the bonnet, the pipes are on the bulkhead infront of the steering wheel, put your hand on them and you will feel them vibrating, there is a small black rugby ball shaped pump, give it a couple of pumps and the vibrating stops. I don't know what causes this or how to cure it for good, but my three year old 1.5Dci has always done it, and as it comes and goes it is never doing it when it's in the garage so they can't fix it either. It does seem to do it more often when the weather is cold.

ohhh primed the pump with engine on and the noise has stopped....the pump is soft when i started then went rock hard..must be pressure build up...anyway noise stopped......could it be water in fuel pump/filter or air getting into the system somewhere?
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áOctá2010 at 2:57pm
I knew i had read that somewhere. Thank's KanoThumbs Up
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
ian_clyde View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian_clyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áOctá2010 at 2:48pm
Smile thanks for that will try it the next time i hear it to see if it stops...
Kano View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áOctá2010 at 12:43pm
Fuel pipes vibrating. Next time it does it leave the engine running and lift the bonnet, the pipes are on the bulkhead infront of the steering wheel, put your hand on them and you will feel them vibrating, there is a small black rugby ball shaped pump, give it a couple of pumps and the vibrating stops. I don't know what causes this or how to cure it for good, but my three year old 1.5Dci has always done it, and as it comes and goes it is never doing it when it's in the garage so they can't fix it either. It does seem to do it more often when the weather is cold.
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áOctá2010 at 11:00am

We had someone in the forum who had a problem a while ago which sounds the same as yours Ian. Not sure if it was the fuel pump or the hand primer that were making the noise thoughErmm

2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
ian_clyde View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian_clyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áOctá2010 at 10:18am
sorry forgot to mention its a 1.5dci 2008
ian_clyde View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian_clyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áOctá2010 at 10:14am
well more an unusual cabin noise....started about a week ago.....sounds like, you know the noise a washing machine makes when it is draining the water out..well a muffled version of that...

so im assuming it is some pump or other....it can be heard louder when you put head near steering wheel..cannot hear from outside..maybe due to engine noise...

it is not constant...it comes and goes, if i am parked and i hear it i turn off engine and turn back on it has stopped.....

any help appreciated..thanks Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic