Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > QASHQAI+2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

side steps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerryberry24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: side steps
    Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 11:20pm
Im wondering if anyone can tell me where I can buy side steps for my QQ+2 Tekna 2010 model, we were hoping to save a few £££'s by getting them else where other than from the main dealers (Spent enough with them already!!!Confused)

But I'm finding it virtually impossible, I ordered one lot, which after my mechanic spent 2 hours trying to fit we were told we'd been sent the wrong ones. The company was adamant that I'd ordered the wrong ones so it was my mistake. After insisting he check his invoices, he rang me back and told me, it was their mistake and he'd issue me a refund. I asked him, just to send me the ones I'd originally ordered and apparently he was unable to do this as he no longer sold them! Even though at that point of him telling me this I was viewing them on his site on the internet. ---STRANGE?!

Hope someone on here is able to help!

Thanks in advance Big smile

EDIT: READ ON FOR MORE INFO BUT I NOW HAVE THEM FITTED

Edited by craigfishin - 15 Feb 2011 at 10:20am
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 11:38pm
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 11:43pm
had a look at sgpetch, they don't have steps for the +2, only the "normal" QQ, which certain ones (such as craigfishin and other members) have on their normal QQ and they fit the +2 but leave a 13cm gap at the end, so not exactly ideal...
im not sure if steps are produced for the +2, havent seen any before, caz and mohawk have the dealer fitted side styling bars instead
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 11:48pm
Strange that - you would think given the use of the +2 with kids in the back that proper +2 side steps would be a useful addition...
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 11:53pm
yeah, don't know if nissan stock them and no ones made a pattern part yet, or if they are just not available from any source, someone on here should be able to answer for deffinate, standandtan or simon, being nissan dealers might know.. hopefully they will get a look at this
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 9:05pm
Have been asking this question myself on other forums. Dont know if we are talking about the same thing, but am looking for the side Bars for the +2, but the ones with the foot plates on (like Craigs) I have seen a make 'Cobra' and Craig said (cant remember?) a different make that were his. Trouble is cant find any for the +2's.. and dont like the Nissan ones, as just look like pipes, which are apparantly no good for standing on,!!! Which defeits the object somewhat!! Confused
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
kerryberry24 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerryberry24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 9:29pm
Its a right pain!! Esp with the kids, by the time the little one climbs in (being super independent!!) hes covered in mud all down his clothes!!!  But no havent found any, I did order some, but they were wrong, and the website have since taken the advert for them down!!.......Hubby found some in Istanbul??.........but noway am I risking that one!!!
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 9:38pm
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 9:54pm

great links hamish, aint seen them before mate.(knew someone would come through lol)

so link 1 & 2 say they are side steps for +2 so they should deffinately be the right length
it comes down to style preference and financial fluidity really,

personally i dont like the flat plates that are like the nissan fitted steps and are bland to me (they are the ones in link 2 4x4at) but at £129.95 are very cheap.

i like the look of the ones autostylinguk are selling in link 1 but at £388.63 are a large outgoing!!
but look cool lolCool
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerryberry24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:25pm
It was the 4x4 site, I ordered mine from, but they were the tube ones, and advertised for the +2. They didn't, so why they were sold as +2 is beyond me, and they accused me of buying the wrong type!!! 
I'm wondering if those on the auto styling, are the same type, which will have the gaps either end? 
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:30pm
you could email them and ask for a length measurement, tell them you ordered a set from another side that looked the same and were told they were for a +2 but were not long enough. email the ebay one and ask for a length measurement aswell and you will know if the ones from autostyling are 13cm longer or notBig smile (as the ebay ones state a 13cm gap at end on a +2
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerryberry24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:41pm
Have emailed both, so I will let you know! Thanks for the tip on emailing both!! Smile
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:42pm
were always here and happy to help on this forumThumbs Up
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:44pm
Just the last query for them? Are they the same fittings for the 2010 models? Prob r, will have a look int morning as the Mrs on the PC doing School Santa letters and this phone is a nightmare! Especially with my eyesight!!LOL , would be nice to sort it out though, as I think they give the car a real 4x4 look, and really sets Mr Fishings off!! And others I've seen, price is a factor, think Nissan want £500 for theirs which is OTT!
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:55pm
Oh and don't worry Mr Hall havnt bought an Ashtray yet, am sittin on the fence till at least I've actually got the car on my drive, I like watching and bettin how much of the forums can be taken up by the disagreements! Can't believe u only have 2 in your club though! Jesus , just seen how old u say you are! 21 ! Is that right? I had a nimbus Grey XR3i when I wAs your age!! Thought these forums were for the more mature men!! If u know what I mean!!LOL
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 11:11pm
Kerry and Affman...in the first link, they are shown fitted to a +2...I think - this is a +2 yes?
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 11:13pm
good news that affman, i think they are the same, the nissan ones i dont like the steps are flat plates, and there bar ones are styling bars and not for standing on...

yeah it is great the disagreements are a great laugh,  and we have quite a few members affman its just fishy is the sac admin and shady is his sidekick and according to them im cowpers sidekick(he started the NSAC) there is arguments we have over 2000 members as there are 2000 odd members registered and SAC have 57 members so the rest are by default NSAC (no solar ashtray club lol)

yeah im 21 mate, i remember my mother having an xr21 and my dad had the xr3i when i was about 3 or so.
lol am i too young for here? or are you saying im a bit young for a qashqai lol.
would like to know if i am the youngest member on here.. well the youngest who has a QQ or is getting a QQ not people who have signed there 8yo's up lol

if it wasnt for insurance premiums i would have a much sportier car probably, would like a toyota supra or a nissan 370z but both of them gave me insurance premiums of 9 grand(1995 supra) a 6 grand(370z) so wasnt an option, maybe when im older. qashqai is probably best for me though to make me drive slower and safer

Edited by CraigQQ - 01 Dec 2010 at 11:15pm
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 11:16pm
yep that looks like a +2 hamish, well spotted
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 11:32pm

im not over keen on the black end caps though but if that all thats available id have them

2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 11:38pm

could always spray them with a bit of that chrome paint craig, painted an acoustic guitar with it once, worked pretty well. or a bit of chrome vinyl and wrap the end caps (im sure you would find some cheap chrome vinyl on ebay)

Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 11:42pm

i dont think there chrome they look like brushed alluminium but they do the job

2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 11:47pm
get hammerite aluminium colour paint,Thumbs Up think they even do it in spray cans
hammerite would stand up more to the road gravel ect aswell i would think. and heat resistant lol
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 12:03am
yeh that would work
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 12:47am
Big smile
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:31am
Done a bit of trawling and this is the Cobra one, Which is actually on a +2...If you really want to go OTT with major bling, there is a great big Front Bumper Chrome Bar as well. Thumbs Up

FORMULA 4X4

Nissan Qashqai+2 Mk1 / 2 2007 Onwards Cobra 80mm Stainless Steel Side Bars with Step Insert 

Nissan Qashqai+2 Mk1 / 2 2007 Onwards Cobra 80mm Stainless Steel Side Bars with Step Inserts

* High Quality Stainless Steel Finish

* Made in Germany

* Full TUV approval

* 2 Year Warranty

* Easy Fit

* Part of the award winning Cobra range of co-ordinated accessories.

Special order.

Great Nissan Qashqai+2 Accessories from Formula4◊4 the UK ís Leading 4◊4 Centre

£354.85

Just rang them up and said no difference fitting to 2010 models except some plastic caps you have to take out!!!

These are def. on my wish list!!! Big smileBig smileThumbs Up  Any chance Craig could have a word for poss Discount?? If he hasnt already done so Wink

Edited by Affman - 02 Dec 2010 at 9:59am
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:36am
Heres the front Bar!! Can feel Craigs Wallet feeling itchey!!!Wink £296 from formula 4x4, called a 'Low Abar'  - Says for MK1 only?

Edited by Affman - 02 Dec 2010 at 9:40am
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:59am
those steps certainly look good and that is a +2 for sure so they do fit, and a bit cheaper than the ones hamish found, great find affman

the front bar however, not to my taste but also it says for mk1 only yet its shown there on a facelift.... strange lol maybe its not properly fitted on that photo... if it doesnt fit round the facelift bumper...

we do have a discount code for formula 4x4 in discount section, just tested it still active and working, gives a nice £15 discount on those bars for the plus 2,

so if any newbies are interested in the ones from formula 4x4 a £10 contribution to this great forum would give you the contributed status you need to get the code for £15 pound discount, five pound saved plus member status and access to the whole forum, double positive
also lots of other great discounts, not kidding you ive already saved atleast 30-40 using our discount codes fishy works hard to get us lol

Edited by CraigQQ - 02 Dec 2010 at 10:08am
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 10:08am
Im sure Craigfishin  would LOOOOve this. Im sure ive seen these Bars around these forums before, but with so many going on, i lose track LOL I have printed off a copy of the site and neatly placed it into my ever growing Qashqai Folder, for use nearer the time...Hopefully Kerry and pepes may purchase in the mean time to give us their opinions and advice, I am Happy Now, apart from having to go to work tonight!!! AS THE SNOW HAS JUST ARRIVED HERE Unhappy

Edited by Affman - 02 Dec 2010 at 10:09am
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerryberry24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 10:27am
Yep, they are for the +2!! Obviously being a woman I didnt think to look at the window!! They will take 3 weeks to arrive, I also like the idea for the caps on the end!!.....Off to have a private word with poor hubby to be!!! Maybe if I smile really sweetly!!....

If 21 is too young for a QQ is 27 ok??? Else Im taking it back to the garage!!....Dont want to look old before my time!!! Lol!!! I love my car!!!

Hopefully I can be the guinea pig, that ebay site, they were approx 66inch long, but the proper +2 ones couldnt give me the length...... Ho Hum........the ones from formlar 4 site, was the ones delivered to us which didnt actually fit, and when I got my refund and them picked up I enquired about these ones, and he said he no longer stocked them....which I thought was odd as these were the ones I'd originally ordered............but wasnt sent...........
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 10:32am
I've fitted bull bars to all my jeeps but that was to spruce up the usually plain front end , I like the front of the facelift so don't want to cover it up to be honest
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 10:35am

oh right, that is strange as affman rang them and they said they fit perfectly to a facelift +2 but just remove plastic caps... as they are made for prefacelift i believe.

poor husband to be, doesnt even know its coming and hes getting fooled into buying you stepsLOL

someone else in there 20's lol about time, was all alone hereLOL

i agree fishin qq is pretty enough

Edited by CraigQQ - 02 Dec 2010 at 10:36am
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 10:42am
So are the ones I posted from FORMULA 4X4 the ones you ordered from them but were wrong? Question Or you ordered off Ebay and got the Formula  4x4 ones and they didnt fit Question

Sorry, my Brains a bit mushey nowadays if this question seems a bit simple!!LOL

Edited by Affman - 02 Dec 2010 at 10:59am
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerryberry24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 11:24am
no i ordered from the actual website, they were very helpful when i rang them but told me they then didnt do the +2 version when i asked for an exchange on the steps that were sent out, which was confusing as I could see them advertised on the site! I definatly prefer those from Formular 4x4! Might drop them another email and see what they say Big smile This was all back in July, maybe they've made new ones since then? Hope so!!
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 11:53am
possibly they have begun restocking them now kerry
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 12:34pm
Let us know how you get on Thumbs Up cos i am intrigued
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic