UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > In Car Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Nissan Installed Speedcams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nissan Installed Speedcams
    Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 3:57pm
Got a new QQ Ntec a week ago and found it had pre-installed Nissan Speedcams.
Would love to use my subscription at Pocket GPS World, but, if I put there cams on as well, I get dual warnings.
Done a lot of fiddling and the Nissan cams are NOT on the new card.
My guess is they are embedded in the firmware of the Connect unit and MAY be updateable in the future by the firmware on a CD method similar to how you update a DVD player at home.

If anybody knows how to remove / disable the Nissan cams, I am all ears LOL

Thanks

Steve
GSX600FMAN View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 7:56pm
I doubt they are up-datable. Will your new downloaded pocket gps not just overwrite them or you should delete the Nissan ones as they will be at least a month old now, compared to PGPSW. They may have a different name to the nissan ones but should still be on the folder called myPOIs and the subfolder myPOIWarnings  (note the case of all the letters involved here!). You should not be able to access the SD card (i begin to suspect it has a magnet switch inside to only work in a Bosch/Nissan Connect SD card reader).
Buy a stand alone navigator, a phone with navigation software or Pocket PC and use navNgo's igo8 or tomtom's navigator.

Edited by GSX600FMAN - 06 Feb 2011 at 7:57pm
Ordered QQ+2 Tekna 1.5 black on 20/4/10 expected 10/7/10. Collected on 19/7/10
neelix View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2011 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by GSX600FMAN GSX600FMAN wrote:

I doubt they are up-datable. Will your new downloaded pocket gps not just overwrite them or you should delete the Nissan ones as they will be at least a month old now, compared to PGPSW. They may have a different name to the nissan ones but should still be on the folder called myPOIs and the subfolder myPOIWarnings  (note the case of all the letters involved here!). You should not be able to access the SD card (i begin to suspect it has a magnet switch inside to only work in a Bosch/Nissan Connect SD card reader).
Buy a stand alone navigator, a phone with navigation software or Pocket PC and use navNgo's igo8 or tomtom's navigator.

Hi m8

Pocket GPS speedcams install into same folders as the Nissan ones, ie, myPOIs\myPOIWarnings.
If I use the command to delete all user POI's, the PGPSW are wiped, but, the Nissan ones remain.
I am unable to delete the Nissan cams, tried everything.
I can access the SD card using my laptop, and can see the file and folder structure, but, naturally cannot copy due to encryption.

I have a IPAQ Pocket PC with Tomtom 7 on, but, it just seems a shame the inbuilt unit cannot be modified to just accept the PGPSW speeedcams.

Steve
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 4:39pm
It would seem that Bosch/Nissan have added your cameras as a warning POI but given them the properties of read only. A mistake or error on their part because of teh problems it will cause people like us that want to add newer and more cameras (SPECS, Mobile, Reported and foreign cameras). 
For the first time ever I have been able to 'see' the SD card. I bought a new cheaper multi card reader from Asda a few weeks back and just looked at the card and now actually see something. I assume it's a HCSD (high Capacity). I'll see what I can do. Wink
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 4:41pm
Ok but keep it quiet GSXWink
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 4:59pm
I have ipaqs too, the larger screened ones 3.8" and 4". Off to Europe so a week before I'll download the UK and European camera data base add the europe to the Nissan Connect but merge the UK and Europe into one file for my Igo8. 

neelix View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by GSX600FMAN GSX600FMAN wrote:

It would seem that Bosch/Nissan have added your cameras as a warning POI but given them the properties of read only. A mistake or error on their part because of teh problems it will cause people like us that want to add newer and more cameras (SPECS, Mobile, Reported and foreign cameras). 
For the first time ever I have been able to 'see' the SD card. I bought a new cheaper multi card reader from Asda a few weeks back and just looked at the card and now actually see something. I assume it's a HCSD (high Capacity). I'll see what I can do. Wink

Don't know if you have the new card with cams on, but when I looked on it, I couldn't see  the cam file.

According to the Connect, the file is named Q210.ntq

I have sent an email to NCS requesting an answer to this as it seems stupid to me that their cams cannot be touched.
This is what I mailed them:

I took delivery of a new Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Ntec on the 1st February 2011.

The Connect Navigation system has a preinstalled speed camera database already installed.

I  wish to use another 3rd party speed camera database from Pocket GPS World (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/ ) as I have purchased a 1 year subscription from them.

If I install the PGPSW database onto the Connect, in the myPOIs\myPOIWarnings folder, where the Nissan database is already installed, there is a conflict between the 2 databases while travelling as they are both attempting to announce a camera site at the same time.

The command on the Connect to “erase all user POI’s from memory” does indeed erase the PGPSW set, but, the Nissan installed one remains intact, ie, they appear to be embedded in memory.
There is a message on the Connect which states “For speed camera updates, go to the website connect.nissan.eu, which redirects to Navigation.com, a Navteq map site.

There is no software relating to the Connect system on that website.

I need to know:

Can the preinstalled Nissan database be disabled or removed from the myPOIs\myPOIWarnings folder so I can use my paid subscription to PGPSW?

When will Nissan speed camera updates become available and at what cost?

Please feel free to contact me via email for further information.

Thank You

Will post up their reply..............

Steve

Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 6:23pm
perfect neelix , lets see what they reply but im guessing they will have no idea and advise you to contact bosch ??
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 6:27pm
Navteq always refer you back to the Nissan dealer too, as i have found outErmm
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 6:58pm
I bet no-one that is 'customer facing' has any idea of what to do or where to get the information and the error corrected. Some unreachable engineer at Bosch (Germany) will know though we or he/she will never know of each other. send the same e-mail to .... Argh!  I've lost the e-mail address of someone at Bosch. Damn! Do a search for the Robert Bosch nissan eco or eco2 and use a link there if it still exists.

found something:-

e-mail Dr.
 Joachim.Siedler@de.bosch.com

Edited by GSX600FMAN - 07 Feb 2011 at 7:08pm
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 7:16pm
It's like trying to catch smoke innitLOL
neelix View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 7:16pm
Found this via Google:

http://www.bosch.com/content/language2/html/3336.htm

Robert Bosch Car Multimedia GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Straße 200
31139 Hildeheim, Germany

Phone
+49 5121 49-0
by E-Mail  (http://servicefunctions,bosch.com)

Steve

mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 7:52pm
For info.
Hello, thank you for your e-mail. I will be back in the office on thursday, february 9. During my absence my e-Mails won´t be read regularly.  In urgent cases please call the medai department at ++49 711 811 6047. Concerning other topics, please find the right contact at www.bosch-presse.de (> Service > Press contact).

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Dr. Joachim Siedler
Tel. 0160/4757807
neelix View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 8:57am
Received today:

Dear Mr ********,

Our Ref: ********

Thank you for your e-mail to Nissan regarding the Nissan Connect system installed in your Nissan Qashqai.

Please be advised that we are currently investigating your query. We hope to have a more definitive response for you shortly.

Thank you for your patience. If there is anything else that you feel we may be able to assist with, please do not hesitate to contact us at Nissan Customer Support on 08457 669966 or refer to our website www.nissan.co.uk for further details on any of our vehicles.

Steve

mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 10:46am
Now the fun starts neelixLOL
neelix View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 10:55am
Originally posted by mohawk mohawk wrote:

Now the fun starts neelixLOL

Already phoned Bosch in Germany, they referred me back to Nissan  ConfusedConfused
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 10:58am
Yep that's what happens and then you go round n round in circles but keep tryingThumbs Up.
The companies just normally say they only supply the equipment to Nissan and that's about itErmm 
neelix View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 11:03am
Sorry, can't edit my posts.
Reading through loads of pages last night on the german QQ forum, http://www.qashqaiforum.de/,
I found out that the cams are definitely in the Connect software, and not on the card.
They also kept referring to version 5.1 of the  software  as that is the  version with cams built in.
Will check what my version is later...........

Steve
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 1:11pm
did it mention if they were updatable or are you stuck with these , plus if they are updatable how much are they going to rob owners for each upgrade ??
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Qashin View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 2:13pm
Maybe  worth a call to Pocket GPS World. I have found them to be very helpful and they would probably be interested in the situation anyway.

2010 Qashqai Tekna 2.0 CVT Cafe Latte.

CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 3:34pm

i was pretty sure it was the software.. (well i said i thought they were on the connect itself)

that explains why me and mo/caz have the same card and i have cameras built in but they dont.

neelix View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by craigfishin craigfishin wrote:

did it mention if they were updatable or are you stuck with these , plus if they are updatable how much are they going to rob owners for each upgrade ??

Believe it or not, they are all running round like headless chickens looking for an answerLOL

Got some info on how to find your Connect software version though.

Go into Service Menu:

Press and hold down the SETUP key.
Turn right hand knob 90 degrees anticlockwise.
Turn right hand knob 180 degrees clockwise.
Turn right hand knob 180 degrees anticlockwise.
You are now in the service menu.

Press top left on touchscreen

This is what mine says:

Software   E303

FGS-SW 0236 100902 FGS_APP_STD

Hardware   031

The number in RED is the software date, read from RIGHT to LEFT.

In my case, the software is 02/09/10  ie, 2nd September 2010 and includes Nissan Cameras.

Anybody else care to look what there's is and state whether cameras or not?

Steve
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 5:30pm
Confused
neelix View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by mohawk mohawk wrote:

Confused

Why Confused ?
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 6:35pm
Where is the service menu?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 6:59pm
you hold down the setup button mo and turn the knob below quarter turn to right ,half turn to left ,half turn to right all while holding down the setup button and the service menu screen will appear
CazQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
HR MONITOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CazQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 7:33pm
OK Techy is going to check the QQ for MO lol LOL
Qashqai +2 2010. 2.0 Tekna. Magnetic Red. Cream cow. 4wd CVT. Mud flaps and QQ mats. Chrome sill strips, Chrome side bars. Rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards 3rd QQ loving it
CazQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
HR MONITOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CazQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 7:43pm
OK this is what ours says:

Hardware 013
Software 0222 100104
BT Module 705AC756
FGS SW0226 100104 FGS AP
Order no 7612830022
Serial no 3058972
SD card no 162645851
Qashqai +2 2010. 2.0 Tekna. Magnetic Red. Cream cow. 4wd CVT. Mud flaps and QQ mats. Chrome sill strips, Chrome side bars. Rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards 3rd QQ loving it
neelix View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by CazQQ CazQQ wrote:

OK this is what ours says:

Hardware 013
Software 0222 100104
BT Module 705AC756
FGS SW0226 100104 FGS AP
Order no 7612830022
Serial no 3058972
SD card no 162645851

Thanks for the input, no Nissan camera's on this version?

Steve
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 8:27pm
NopeErmm
neelix View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 2:51pm
Update #1

Got a call from NCS today, they told me to "turn the POI warnings off".

This I duly did, and surprise surprise, it does what it says on the tin and turns them off.

Both databases, no cameras, no warnings, no nothing.

I can only assume that there is somebody in NCS who is on squillions of pounds salary each year because they can read the Connect manual.  LOL

Anyway Nissan Customer Services, back to the drawing board and try again............

2/10 must try harderBig smile

Steve
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 2:56pm
glad you got it sorted nelix...

stangely as soon as i read that.. i remember seeing the bit to turn the poi warnings off... never thought about it when we were talking about this tho.. that it would work
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 2:58pm
typical
neelix View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neelix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 3:13pm
This silly problem is going to affect every new QQ (and probably Juke) owner from now on.

For my part, I can turn off the Connect warning and use my PPC with Tomtom on for the oral warnings.
But, somebody dropped a clanger by not allowing the Nissan cams to be deleted or disabled and that pi55es me off.
The answer (if I get one) will help future users anyway.

I think the next response from NCS will be:

"Turn off your POI warnings, but make sure you have a crystal ball in your car whilst travelling, (available from the Nissan Accessories  Catologue")LOLLOL
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 3:18pm

what do you mean oral warnings?

for POI's yeah?

as the sat nav will function as normal just no speed cameras i assume..

its not really going to be a problem for every new owner! As most wont add second party cameras when they already have pre installed ones..
im not going to get GPS worlds now.. im barely ever over speed limit and so far my connect has picked up every camera ive seen/past..

and its not only QQ and juke mate, the connect is available on most of the range iirc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic