Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > NONONO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Roof Rails- Aftermarket/ Factory fitted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocky8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roof Rails- Aftermarket/ Factory fitted
    Posted: 06áJaná2012 at 10:46am
Hello everyone.

I am curious about the roof rails of the qashqai.
There are two types of rails though different models available on the market.
There is the original factory fitted rail and the aftermarket ones.
Can anyone please confirm if the original rails are just stuck on the roof or is it screwed on...

There is two types of aftermarket ones - The cosmetic ones that are stuck and the load bearing ones that are screwed on roof.

My aim is to have my qashqai fitted with decorative rails to give the car a little bit more height and character - I do not really need the roof rails with bars on to carry loads.

However the load bearing ones seem to be more properly fixed with screwed on bolts etc.

My concern is - Are the cosmetic ones good enough to withstand wind load? Are they not gonna come off with time? Hence my first question about the factory fitted roof rails.

Comments welcome.

Cheers

Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2012 at 10:58am
yes mate , cosmetic ones are very secure 

i fitted a set for my sisters accenta and they have been on for a year now with no issues 

2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2012 at 11:02am
email me if you want a set at a discounted price

Edited by craigfishin - 07áJaná2012 at 12:14am
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2012 at 5:06pm
and the originals are bolted on load bearing ones..

but so far have heard no complaints about the cosmetic ones coming off... so if you dont need them to be load bearing, might be a great alternative(and cheaper)
rocky8 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocky8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2012 at 6:32pm
Alright. Craigfishin Can you send/ upload photos of the aftermarket rails fitted on the qashqai.

Lots of sellers online advertise the rails and show the original rails intead of the aftermarket ones.
This creates some confusions.

Please send some photographs of the rails you have on sale.
I  would need rails that are entirely silver/ chrome.

Thanks
rocky8 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocky8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2012 at 6:33pm
Anyone who got aftermarket decorative roof rails fitted to his qashqai. Please upload some photos.

Thanks
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2012 at 6:46pm
these are my sisters ones 

rocky8 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocky8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2012 at 6:52pm
Thanks.

How different are they in looks from the orginal nissan rails?

Can you please provide the dimensions width, length and height of the rails when fitted.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2012 at 6:58pm
my factory fitted ones 

there pretty much the same 

the ones i have are sealed and i dont want to start getting them all out 

if you want to see them they were bought from www.automotive-enhancements.co.uk  and they are on there site for ú105

rocky8 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocky8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2012 at 7:43pm
Thanks Craigfishin.

The rails look pretty much the same.Smile
However, the aftermarket rail seems shorter than the original nissan rail.
Notice the original rail starts closer to the windscreen as opposed to the aftermarket which is set further back. Compare the 2 photographs 

Any idea on the size of the aftermarket rails?

Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2012 at 7:44pm
A little bit less rounded by the looks but I think you'd need to be looking for differences to see them?
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
rocky8 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocky8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2012 at 7:47pm
I also found this seller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-QASHQAI-Roof-Rails-Pair-Dachrelig-Dakrails-/300432457737?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f32b8009

Here the rails are more chunky and load bearing.

Aesthetically, which one looks better?

Edited by craigfishin - 06áJaná2012 at 8:04pm
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2012 at 8:06pm
load bearing ones require the roof to be drilled in several places and the headlining removed for fitting

size wise the aftermarket ones are just a bit shorter as you say but other than that the dimmensions are pretty much the same 
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2012 at 11:12pm
those ones on ebay dont look like load bearing to me.. shouldnt they have a centre footing for load bearing to stop them flexing?
rocky8 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocky8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJaná2012 at 7:37am
The ebay one requires headlining to be removed and roof drilled to be fixed. The section looks stronger and bulkier than the decorative ones. I dont think it needs centre footing for additional support
maz71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maz71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJaná2012 at 10:23am
Originally posted by craigfishin craigfishin wrote:

these are my sisters ones 

these are the ones i was looking at
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJaná2012 at 10:57am
They're from http://www.automotive-enhancements.co.uk/

You can get a Club Discount with them.....
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJaná2012 at 11:14am
i have a set here if anyone is interested 
Ssssstevo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssssstevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áNová2012 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Craigfishin Craigfishin wrote:

email me if you want a set at a discounted price

Hmmmm
Drives an 09 plate Caffe Latte Visia - and LOVIN' it !!!
TheBigYin View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBigYin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJaná2013 at 3:27pm
I was looking at a set of aftermarket one's a few months back, I'll upload the link when I get back from college.
2009 Qashqai 1.6 Acenta (Orange/Fired Iron), 2008 Vauxhall Zafira 1.9CDTi Sport.
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJaná2013 at 4:16pm
[QUOTE=Craigfishin]these are my sisters ones 

i bought these of cf for my visia(see gallery)two years ago,only yesterday i p/ex my car and the dealer agreed that i could leave them on so i did not have the problem of cleaning the bodywork after removing them.just through curiosity i have just had a pull on them and believe me they are well secure.the only way i would get them off is by the fergie treatment(hairdryer)LOL.as well as being secure this as saved me some time by leaving them on.so definatley no problems with wind or motorways.
qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
masonmyster View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonmyster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áJaná2013 at 12:59pm
So where can we get a set of these from now then?

(Sorry, im a newbie to all this)
2009 (58) 1.5dci Accenta in Black
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áJaná2013 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by masonmyster masonmyster wrote:

------------------------------------------------------pm craigfishin,if not he will be on later so keep your eye on this postThumbs Up and i am sure he will help out.
qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonmyster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áJaná2013 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by renault1 renault1 wrote:

Originally posted by masonmyster masonmyster wrote:

------------------------------------------------------pm craigfishin,if not he will be on later so keep your eye on this postThumbs Up and i am sure he will help out.

Great thanks for your help Big smile
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áJaná2013 at 2:16pm
Automotive-enhancements.co.uk
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áJaná2013 at 2:18pm
Thays were I got those sets from, dont forget to use the discount code in the discount section for 15% off
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonmyster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áJaná2013 at 7:34pm
Great thanks CF. Is the discount section on this website?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áJaná2013 at 7:48pm
yeh go to forum home then scroll down to discount section

its in the members paid access only section which as a contributed membr you can access Big smile

Edited by Craigfishin - 31áJaná2013 at 7:49pm
Targetmark View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Targetmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áJaná2013 at 8:53pm
ConfusedHow can I tell if I have the load bearing or the non load bearingConfused
Now I like driving.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áJaná2013 at 9:46pm
????? what do you mean matey ????? , if the nissan oem ones there load bearing if you but aftermarket stick on ones there not 
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Targetmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áJaná2013 at 10:13pm
I purchased the car second hand ,so could the previous owner of put the stick on ones on themselves?
Now I like driving.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31áJaná2013 at 10:38pm
what model do you have mark ??
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Targetmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áFebá2013 at 7:37am
N-tec.
Now I like driving.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áFebá2013 at 9:30am
Then there factory fitted load bearing ones bud
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Targetmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áFebá2013 at 6:05pm
AAHH, Thanks for that chap much obliged.

MarkWink
Now I like driving.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic