Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Locking nut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian_clyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Locking nut
    Posted: 10 May 2012 at 9:27pm
does anyone have any idea how much a new locking wheel nut key will cost from Nissan? i asume they would be able to get a replacement as they would have a lot of standard sets?

Confused mine seems to have vanished...
2008 1.5 acenta..black..alphamirror..chrome fogs, handles, tailgate handle, grille,low profile wind deflectors, fitted sunshades, TTI 881 CB 68CT006 UK&EU
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 9:46pm
Try here rather than the dealers , reasonable price.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOCKING-ALLOY-WHEEL-LOCK-NUTS-NISSAN-QASHQAI-/170493153167?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item27b22f0f8f

There are plenty of others if you search nissan qashqai locking wheel nuts.

Edited by sandman - 10 May 2012 at 9:47pm
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD.
2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec.2018 1.6dci Tekna 4wd Qashqai gunmetal grey.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 11:36pm
If you got the car new & have all the orig paperwork you should have an 8 digit (well mine is 8 digit) code for the wheel locking nut which will enable you to order the correct one for your car.
Mine was on a piece of paper that listed radio code & key  no. etc.
Failing that Nissan should have it all on their database.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
samnickgodber View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samnickgodber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 7:39am
Just out of curiosity, did any of you guys get a locking wheel nut when you brought your car (from new)? or is it just another cut back on the Spanish spec that i didnīt get one x
soon to be the new owner of a 2011 Ntec in artic white
sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 12:35pm
As far as I know all come out factory with locking nut on each wheel and the "key" for release was handed to me when i collected car Nov 2011.
 previous QQ and nissan Note also had key provided.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 1:26pm
Yup  same here, dealer pointed out "key" to me stashed in glovebox in a plastic bag.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samnickgodber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 3:00pm
mmmmmm interesting, iīll check it out, nothing was said to me about a key,,, thanks x
Kashmir View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Daaahhhling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashmir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by samnickgodber samnickgodber wrote:

Just out of curiosity, did any of you guys get a locking wheel nut when you brought your car (from new)? or is it just another cut back on the Spanish spec that i didnīt get one x

... never had one either
Tapir: Acenta 2l petrol 4wd faded denim left drive from 20/09/2010 to 18/11/2013
Beetroot: Acenta 1.5dci magnetic red steering on the wrong .. oh wait ..right hand side from 28/05/2014
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 5:01pm
should come as standard , mione did in a little plastic box in the glove compartment , 

how can they not supply it ??? , you cant remove the wheels without it so it would be crazy not to give you the means to remove them , unless they have stopped fitting the locking wheelnuts and just use standard nuts 
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
andspenka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Club Meet King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote andspenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 5:06pm
It's easy to check,

Have a look at your wheels and see if you have any that look like this.

If not then you haven't got any, if you have then you're wheels aren't coming off in a hurry!
2014 1.5 Dci Tekna in Ink Blue
sandman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 5:06pm
As others...in the glove box still.
2014 Pearl Black Qashqai Premier Limited Edition 1.6Dci 4WD.
2016 Pearl White X-Trail N-Tec.2018 1.6dci Tekna 4wd Qashqai gunmetal grey.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samnickgodber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 6:04pm
Thanks guys, i wasnīt just meaning the key i meant i donīt think i even have the locking wheel nuts lol, Being blonde never thought to have a look at the wheels i will check this out tomorrow and get back to you x
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 6:46pm
maybe your not as likely to find your qq on bricks in tenerife
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Kashmir View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Daaahhhling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashmir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Craigfishin Craigfishin wrote:

should come as standard , mione did in a little plastic box in the glove compartment , 

how can they not supply it ??? , you cant remove the wheels without it so it would be crazy not to give you the means to remove them , unless they have stopped fitting the locking wheelnuts and just use standard nuts 

definitely normal standard nuts here .... and I do know cause had a flat this morning and changed a wheel ... all by my little self
Tapir: Acenta 2l petrol 4wd faded denim left drive from 20/09/2010 to 18/11/2013
Beetroot: Acenta 1.5dci magnetic red steering on the wrong .. oh wait ..right hand side from 28/05/2014
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 6:53pm
must just be the uk then cos of all the thieving toerags we have here
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samnickgodber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Craigfishin Craigfishin wrote:

maybe your not as likely to find your qq on bricks in tenerife

I donīt know about that Wink just cos we in the sunshine, some thieving gits over aswell stole hubbys back light (yes only the one) from his ford ranger a few yrs ago and stole my plastics and clocks off my moped (in broad daylight) too, i can understand it because it cost us a small fortune to replace my stuff and nearly €160 just for the back light for the hubbys truck gggrrr
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samnickgodber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 5:28pm
Ok i have checked i donīt have any locking wheel nuts gggrrrrr, will have to go buy some,,, Timmylish if your there did you get any on yours when you brought your QQ? x
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 9:49pm
Did you manage to sort out your Key Ian??? Would be good to know if Nissan were of any help...

2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
Gen13 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gen13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 10:30pm
I cant find my locknut key in my car anywhere since last service.

I've just have a puncture, lucky for me I wasn't far from home and just

used tyre pump without glue. So Im stuck and cant get wheel off at the

moment

Can someone tell me if the code to get a replacement the locknut key on

the Radiopass?

Regards

Gen13
QQ1 2013 360, 1.6 Petrol Start/Stop 2WD, Gun Metallic

QQ2 2016 1.2 DIG-T 115 Tekna 5dr
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 11:06pm
Yup, locking nut code should be on same card as radio code etc, well it was on my 2010 & 2013 cars.

EDIT  failing  that a  dealer should be able to get the code from the Nissan database but will probably charge you.

Edited by ericos - 19 Dec 2014 at 11:08pm
Gen13 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gen13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 9:44am
Thanks Ericos

I have found my locking nut key code and its a totally different card from the radio pass.

QQ1 2013 360, 1.6 Petrol Start/Stop 2WD, Gun Metallic

QQ2 2016 1.2 DIG-T 115 Tekna 5dr
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic