Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No reverse sensors on tekna?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbriggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No reverse sensors on tekna?
    Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 8:29am
I noticed on my new 2012 tekna that there are no visible parking sensors. Have they done away with the as they have the new all round camera now??
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 8:39am
Same as N-Tec no parking sensors but you do have the cameras
2012 QQ+2 flame red N-tec+ 2.0 petrol, CVT, 4wd mudflaps,auto mirror kit
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 8:42am
Tekna never had sensors , always had a camera
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 10:30am
Yep. The Camera in those grades replaced the parking sensors. I guess the logic is that you don't need parking sensors if you have a camera. Personally I would have liked the sensors as I don't stare at the camera when reversing, and the sensors work even when you're not looking at the screen. Personally I wish I'd gone for an Acenta grade (rather than n-tec) now - I'd prefer sensors to the tiny screen on the Connect.

It's all a bit silly, really, since people that have fitted Nissan Connect systems to their Qashqais haven't had to disable the parking sensors, so it's clearly just a penny-shaving exercise from Nissan.

If you really want to then Nissan dealerships can retro-fit parking sensors (for a price). The only thing is that you should make sure it's a Nissan dealership that do it, otherwise it will bust the warranty (ridiculous as this is).
Ssssstevo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssssstevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 11:40am
I don't like the idea of staring at a camera screen instead of looking into your mirrors
Drives an 09 plate Caffe Latte Visia - and LOVIN' it !!!
Shonadoll View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonadoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 11:44am
I'm the same, I actually thought I'd prefer the camera- husbands company lexus has a reversing camera and sensors, but I don't like using the cameras, much prefer the sensors. You can also press a button and it parks itself which is a fun gimmick but we never use it!

I love the sensors on my acenta, very useful.
Ssssstevo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssssstevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 11:49am
I hate the sensors that's NOT on my Visia. Very useless, LOL !
QQdan View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QQdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Craigfishin Craigfishin wrote:

My '57 tekna has sensors from standard Wink
'57 Tekna 1.6
Ssssstevo View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssssstevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 12:40pm
Pre facelift
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 1:06pm
pre connect
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Saraj View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 1:08pm
I have ordered the 1.6 Acenta, but with connect as an optional extra, would they keep the sensors on?
mrbriggs View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbriggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 1:32pm
My touareg had camera and sensors, but the all round camera is excellent once u get used to it! Love how it moves the lines as you steer in the space!
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Craigfishin Craigfishin wrote:

My Tekna did not have the Camera but did have the reverse senors.

Edited by PR07HET - 10 Jun 2012 at 1:40pm
Mainly found at an office chair these days
andspenka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Club Meet King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andspenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 2:18pm
I had sensors on my previous car and I do prefer them to the camera.

To me I think the camera is a gimmick, it's only useful for when you're reversing in a straight line into a parking space. I only use it for that reason, like has been said it's not normal to be reversing looking at the dashboard LOL
2014 1.5 Dci Tekna in Ink Blue
Timmylish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 2:21am
I have the rear facing camera only and would love to have the 360 degree all round cameras. Anyone know what they cost to install?
Just as a matter of interest, other than the one on my boot lid where else are cameras situated?
Proud new owner of Red Fusion QQ, 1,5 dCI Tekna Sport (110 CV) (Different spec. here on Tenerife!)with so many bells and whistles I may need a lot of help in finding answers to a lot of questions!!!!
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 2:33am
one below each mirror & one in grill on the front

2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Timmylish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by ericos ericos wrote:

one below each mirror & one in grill on the front

Thank you very much for the info. 
Now does anyone know if its possible to add on the extra 3 cameras and if it were, does that affect the warranty. Bleedin' 'eck. If ye sneez wif these wheels the bleedin'; warranty,s donald ducked!Ouch
Proud new owner of Red Fusion QQ, 1,5 dCI Tekna Sport (110 CV) (Different spec. here on Tenerife!)with so many bells and whistles I may need a lot of help in finding answers to a lot of questions!!!!
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 4:58pm
I would  think the whole connect unit would be different with  software to interpret what the cameras are seeing. Also looked at one in the showroom & I'm pretty sure the cameras are mould into the mirors iirc (could be wrong  though). So I'm GUESSING it would be a complete new Connect unit & 2 complete mirrors at least., not cheap.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 5:24pm
Personally I do like the camera. It's sometimes really nice to have, but I would like to have some sensors as well (ie both). If I had to choose either I think that - knowing what I know now - i'd choose sensors, personally.

If I bought another car with camera I would spec sensors to be added. I would do it with mine, but it's only got a year left so i'd be spending quite a lot for a short time.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by 2Fat2Bald 2Fat2Bald wrote:

Personally I do like the camera. It's sometimes really nice to have, but I would like to have some sensors as well (ie both). If I had to choose either I think that - knowing what I know now - i'd choose sensors, personally.

If I bought another car with camera I would spec sensors to be added. I would do it with mine, but it's only got a year left so i'd be spending quite a lot for a short time.

BIB, must admit  thats how I think as well tbh
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 11:26pm
Really NOT convinced by the video above. Basically they just flash the system around and don't demonstrate it actually working (as such). What i'd like to see is someone backing a car up, with frequent cuts to the display to see how it works.

One problem I do find with the Cameras is they get mucky. Sensors are not bothered by this.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 11:57pm
I agree, I not really bothered about the 360 view thing at all & the current reversing camera is only used to get as close as possible to something directly behind, I'd much rather use the mirrors & have sensors for actual parking.
TBH I think the connect screen is a bit small for just the reversing camera never mind adding all the 360 stuff as well. Would be better with a fully functional 7" touch screen with no knobs or buttons around the edge.
Having said that I like the Connect overall & if thats what comes with the car I wouldnt waste money replacing it for what little use the camera gets.
Timmylish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 12:21am
Thanks for all the comments and opinions! Really interesting how people regard the options. Must say I like my wee camera and I use it all the time parking here (in conjunction with the wing mirrors). I had never had any form of assistance before so its all rather new to me. Obviously in view of the information you have all given me I shall not be doing anything further!!!!!!
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2012 at 4:37pm
Well, you could get some beepers fitted. Provided it's done by a Nissan dealers it won't kill your warranty.

I am not really sure why they've designed the connect system the way they have. I would be fine with just a touchscreen (no hardware buttons at all) and a much bigger display.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic