Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rear shock mountings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dooce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear shock mountings
    Posted: 04 Feb 2008 at 4:40pm
I took my 19,000 mile 56-plate 2wd Tekna into a dealer to investigate rattling from the rear suspension. It was put up on a ramp and I was shown the bottom mount of the shocks - the rubber bushes had gone completely soft, allowing the shocks to be moved and twisted round in the mountings quite easily by hand - undoubtedly the source of the constant, and bl**dy annoying, rattle.

It was referred to Nissan warranty department - two weeks later, I hear that replacement shocks are on "back order" and I won't even know if they are available until mid February! In the meantime they claim the car is completey driveable and safe and will not offer a replacement car while the parts become available.

If I was to take the car in for an MOT now, it would fail. This falls on deaf ears when I put it to the dealer and to Nissan. I hate to think what damage is being caused to the suspension mounts by this constant jarring. I guess I will just have to get an AA inspection onthe car to convince them.

Just wondered if anyone else has suffered this problem. My car is a very early one, registered in Feb 07 - I used to work for Nissan and this was my company car at the time I left them. I would guess this could easily be a generic fault, so watch out, early Qishqosh owners!

ighy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ighy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2008 at 2:53pm
Having taken my QQ 2.0 DCi Teckna Auto, into the main dealers aprox 6 times, over the past few months, to try and find & fix the boot rattle. They have finally tracked it down to the rear left shock absorber  Clap. I am now waiting for a replacement one (on back order) to arrive & be fitted. I will have to get them to check the other shock absorbers to see if they need replacing as well Shocked, as this seems to be a common problem.
You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough.
QashqaiKeith View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashqaiKeith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 8:19am
Another QQ going back in for rear shock replacement. Had a knocking noise from the O/Side rear and after emptying the boot of all accumulated junk to eliminate that peered underneath to find the rear O/S shocker wet from leaking fluid.
Surprise, surprise the dealer has none in stock and is sems that there are none in the country either, 2-3 weeks lead time apparently. It makes you wonder what the true spares situation is? As I intend driving down to Spain in it in early August I told them it had better be sorted by then!!
Qashqai 2.0 DCi Tekna manual
Fired Iron
garymac66 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garymac66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2008 at 6:37pm
Just got my car back today after getting complete shocks changed for my worn bushes.its like driving a new car !!!!
dealer told me nissan is requesting full units returned to carry out inspection on all faulty units.
So i sugest you ensure full unit replacement if you get the same problem dont be fobed off with just new bushes..
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2008 at 8:12am
Could be something in the political sub-conscious of the guys in the factory, as they know your new government is pulling to the right Paulo. QQs here will soon be doing this too, as our next government will also be pulling us all to the right LOL.

Sorry - no politics here - naughty G5 Embarrassed.

GOOGLE TRANSLATE

Potrebbe essere qualcosa in sub-politico consapevole dei ragazzi in fabbrica, come conoscere il nuovo governo sta tirando a destra Paulo. QQs qui sarą presto fare anche questo, come il nostro prossimo governo sarą anche tirando a tutti noi di destra.

Siamo spiacenti - non la politica qui - maliziose G5.
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
garymac66 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garymac66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 9:45pm
well my 1.5tdi accenta is 2 year old in march and today 25/2/09 i have had my 3rd set of rear shockers fitted. Told my originals were replaced with faulty batch which were produced early days before they realised the extent of the problem at nissan...fingers crossed this is my last set... what i will say is i was delighted with my dealers customer service as i onl y took the car in for a check and expected a wait for new ones to be delivered..job done in less than 1 hour
Will View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Reading, Berkshire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 6:22pm
Finally had my new shock absorbers fitted yesterday to my 13 month 13,000 mile 2.0l Tekna 4wd - I was told by the dealer that the new ones wont go the same way as there is now a new supplier - I hope they're right as I am enjoying my Qashqai again and can now remember why I bought it in the first place !
qash70 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qash70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Will Will wrote:

Finally had my new shock absorbers fitted yesterday to my 13 month 13,000 mile 2.0l Tekna 4wd - I was told by the dealer that the new ones wont go the same way as there is now a new supplier - I hope they're right as I am enjoying my Qashqai again and can now remember why I bought it in the first place !

When you say "new supplier" you mean a different from zf-sachs ?
Gazzac View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazzac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 10:12pm
I highly doubt the supplier has changed from ZF who seems to supply dampers to most of the automotive industry in Europe.  But, by all accounts there seems to be a belief that they have got to the root of the damper bush issue.

Lets hope so.

QQ 2.0 Tekna 2WD with Sat Nav in Blade
sospirando View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sospirando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 9:47pm
Hi, took my Qashqai (1.6 Acenta) for first service - on return was "caution" on report re. rear shocks. I asked - if this is covered under warranty (not knowing about the prob. then) why did you not repair/replace? They said, we are not supposed to tell you, unless you complain - so I said I'm complaining now - so they said - ok we are putting the parts on order for you. Had them replaced yesterday - better smoother ride - but hey - what disgraceful service. Not impressed!
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 12:25pm
That is bad, but with such a long wait for parts at the moment I guess it helps keep the queues down, I have just waited 3 weeks following my M2 and am happy to say all is now smooth again!
Mainly found at an office chair these days
kparks View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kparks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 2:57pm
I too have just taken in our one year old Teckna 2.0 Diesel Auto with a horrid clonking from the undercarriage and squeeky tailgate (no doubt caused by the clonking underneath the car) being an issue for them to look at. They confirmed the car needs two new rear shock absorbers as the bushes have failed. Pretty appalling if you ask me for a car of this age (and mileage at 9526) and a major concern in that it my be a repeating problem. And the fact they have had to order them in which will take circa 3 weeks. Has anyone had to have them replaced more than once?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 4:26pm
Hiya

I'm sure someone has asked this before - but the answer is Yes!!

My first QQ had shocks renewed at around 11K

My second QQ has rear shocks renewed at 2.5K and both sets at 12K.

Plenty of others too have had double visits...

Good Luck

Fee x

PeterChris View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterChris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 6:41pm
first shockers replaced sept 08 when car was 12 mths old 11,000 miles 2nd replacement 13000 miles two weeks ago ,we live 10mins drive from factory in sunderland but had to wait 2 wks for parts

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 8:34am
So the second set only lasted 2000 miles Shocked..........????

Mine replaced once (hopefully) last week at 19000 miles.

Why the different life expectancy I wonder Confused.......????
qash70 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qash70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 9:41am
I thing the best solution in future (out of waranty ) will be an aftermarket good quality shock absorber from a big manufacturer.
Gazzac View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazzac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 10:32am
This was my initial reaction (go for Koni's, cost about £250 for a pair) but now I'm not so sure.

I'm struggling to believe with all the dampers that ZF Sachs must sell to all the european car manufacturers that only Nissan got ones with duff bushes and furthermore knowing that they were a problem to keep on producing and fitting them?

So I do wonder whether the design of the QQ suspension in some way is punishing the bushes far more than other cars.  If that is the case then getting the latest dampers available fitted under warranty with hopefully the latest revised bushes would be the best way to go.  That is get them fitted right on the three year mark.

Given that even the earliest QQ's will not be out of warranty until early 2010 (I would guess that no-one would consider fitting a third party damper before the warranty expires) then it will be well into 2011 before we will know if anyone has gone the aftermarket route with any success.  At which time Nissan will not be far away from bringing out the replacement to the QQ Wink
QQ 2.0 Tekna 2WD with Sat Nav in Blade
Will View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Reading, Berkshire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 12:22pm
Qash70 asked When you say "new supplier" you mean a different from zf-sachs ?
Pall said his are SACHS type 56210 JD73A

Well my new Shock absorbers fitted 2 weeks ago by KJM Reading Nissan say
"Nissan 56210JD03A SACHS 814902002853 Made in Turkey"

I hope this set last more than 12000 miles !!
pall View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 8:48pm

Will thank you for usefull information. During discussion on our common nissan SK/CZ forum we rich couple of results in case of QQ shock absorbers (SA) probles, one is list of types of SA all prodused by SACHS and made in Turkey:

56210-JD02A
E6210-JD02A
E6210-JD73A
56210-JE21A
E6210-JM01A
E6210-JG01A
E6B10-JG01A
56210-JG02A
56210-JD03A
E6210-EY10A
E6210-EY10B

Is there anybody using SA in his QQ and without problem?

Second result is idea of influence of Nissan to provide "recall fo SA problem" for all European user of QQ. Dear users of QQ, what do you think about this idea or you can help to realised it ?
Thnx.

Edited by pall - 15 Mar 2009 at 8:49pm
Lancsman View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 10:55pm
I think it will take a lot of clout to cause Nissan to recall cars.

With the credit crunch as it is (Toyota made its first operating loss in 90 years, Nissan must be having similar problems) then they will resist all calls for a recall.

Just my opinion - can't see it happening.

I get a 1.5 diesel Tekna (if I win an argument with my wife) on April 1-ish.
Yorqai View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorqai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 10:29am
........my rear shockers gone now on 16000 miles, been a bit noisy for a while but I'm a lazy sod who didn't fancy the hassle of dealer vists,  anyway, phoned up and told dealer what it probably was and they agreed, but still had to take it in to be checked before they could order the parts.......now have to go again for fitting. I understand all about keeping stock levels down but surely (we know how common this problem is!) a couple of sets in stock would not be unreasonable....or is it that two visits are better than one for warranty job!!!

(still love the QQ though and looking forward to improved ride!)

Edited by Yorqai - 20 Mar 2009 at 10:31am
All the world's a stage.....
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 1:30pm

I think this problem will be ongoing untill all the shockers from the supplier have been replaced. Nissan quality control must know by now that the supplier has given them out of spec products.

2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Lozzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lozzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 7:03pm
I have just taken in my QQ (1.5dci 07 12k) to the dealer for them to have a look at (as mine was rattling too) and they of course discovered it was the rear shocks..I was advised that it may take up to 3 weeks for them to replace due to this backlog but...I then received a call the next day saying they had arrived and I could book my car in when I wanted!! Together with the new set of front alloys being replaced at the same time, Im chuffed to bits! Lets hope it does the trick
Lozzer

Blade . 1.5dCi . 2wd . Acenta
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Lozzer Lozzer wrote:

Im chuffed to bits!

Finally a thread that isn't shocking!

Mainly found at an office chair these days
NISSAN TECH View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NISSAN TECH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 6:07pm
they are new shocks but still sachs new nuber is 56210JD03A old one was
56210JD02A  i have been told there may be a slight difference in length i.e new ones are longer but i cant confirm that at the moment
NISSAN TECH. QASHQAI OWNER
HAPPY WITH BOTH !!!
Lozzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lozzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 8:32am
Well had the shocks done yesterday and what ever they have done, it feels like a new car
Just a quickie though Nissan Tech, I had 2 new alloys put on the front due to them eroding, but there are a couple of quite deep scratches where (I assume), they were put on..Will it do the same in time because of this?
Thankyou!
Lozzer

Blade . 1.5dCi . 2wd . Acenta
philglt View Drop Down
Acenta
Acenta

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philglt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2009 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by NISSAN TECH NISSAN TECH wrote:

they are new shocks but still sachs new number is 56210JD03A old one was
56210JD02A  i have been told there may be a slight difference in length i.e new ones are longer but i cant confirm that at the moment

I crawled under my car today to check the numbers on my shockers, replaced about six weeks ago and guess what...they have the numbers of the old ones.If these are the old faulty design then they are going to fail again, which is not acceptable.I shall raise this with the dealer when they finally get back to me about the faulty side mouldings(2 months)!

Phil
kingarthur64 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingarthur64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2009 at 2:00pm
Ditto Philglt, I had mine changed sometime in January making horrible noises from the back of the car, and you've guessed it mine are the '02A' version as well.
Probably nothing we can do about it now as they have fixed the problem, but for how long. I will certainly be keeping an eye (and ear) on them as they will probbaly need replacing again before warranty expires (Mar 2011). Particularly as an MOT is due at the same time as warranty expires!
kkai View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kkai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2009 at 11:02pm
Bought my Nissan at Oct 08 which has '02A' and waiting for my turn.

It would be ideal for Nissan to admit there's is a general issue, but can't see this happening after seeing Nissan response to this problem   http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2008/10/pickup_a_problem.html

What's a shock absorber issue compared to an engine blew.
footey View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2009 at 4:44pm

I cant post a new topic but i have a problem which i am wondering if anybody has had.Over the past few weeks i have noticed that when hitting any potholes especially on the passenger the side that the car is taking it really hard and gets threw off line and requires quick steering to correct.I am sure it is causing damage to the car.I am getting to the point that i am scared to let my wife drive it as she is only a wee thing and dont know if she has the strength to pull it back on line.Does anybody have similar trouble.Cheers.

slaphead View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaphead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 9:31am
After having my first set of shocks replaced at 25k miles I still felt that the general handling of the car was poor - very skittish over bumps and potholes to the same extent that you describe.....the car feels like it will veer off in any direction when you hit anything slightly bigger than a pebble.  Took mine back to dealer and asked to test drive a brand new QQ which was better but I must admit it wasn't perfect.
Anyway mine is back in tomorrow for 2nd set of shocks at 48k miles (my diagnosis, not yet confirmed by dealer) so I will once again ask for a drive in a new QQ to compare them back-to-back.  I have also complained about very uneven tyre wear on the rear, the NSR tyre is shot after 48k miles but only on the outside edge and nowhere near the same wear on the OSR - I shall look forward to the dealer telling me there is nothing wrong with it ;-(

PeterChris View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterChris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 9:10pm
complained to head of cus service that we have had shockers replaced twice,1st in sept 08 then again march 09 ,she advised that "new counter part" was issued in dec 08 so we should have no further problems ,watch this space 
slaphead View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaphead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 8:41am
just to let you know that my 48k mile QQ returned from the dealer on Tuesday with confirmation that the rear shocks will need replacing, no parts in stock so expect a 2-3 weeks wait - but they did try to make me feel like they were doing me a favour ;-).  I can't wait until this thing reaches 80k miles and I can get rid of it, when it's good it is GOOD but when it is bouncing around and knocking all of the time it does get me down
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2009 at 10:22am

I waited 2 weeks for my replacements.

Apparently if the dealer tells them it's a 'VOR' (vehicle off road) it's quicker.

You could try that - might help.

I think it's an MOT failure (dealer disagreed) in which case your 'V' should be 'OR' shouldn't it? Shocked

Edited by G5 BOY - 06 Apr 2009 at 10:23am
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2009 at 4:43pm
Wot???Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic