UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Towing with a Qashai

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIREMANSAM1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Towing with a Qashai
    Posted: 09áSepá2017 at 12:11pm
Hello everyone I hope you are well. I have just purchased a caravan for the family and not sure about the performance of my car towing a caravan. I have a Qashai 2014 N-Tec dci 110 start/stop and will be towing a 2 berth bailey pagent majestic 2003 caravan. Unladen weight is 950kg and max MTPLM is 1133kg. I've heard that the car will struggle even with this little van as the car is 110hp. Can you please help me out with your experiences of towing with this car and spec before I spend ú500 on a towbar. Thank you all very much in advanced.
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áSepá2017 at 1:16pm
The diesels have good torque for pulling so you should be OK with this caravan, just check your car manual for max permissible towing weight to make sure.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
monkeywba View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote monkeywba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áSepá2017 at 2:17pm
Our 2014 1.5 Tekna QQ pulls our caravan and it's Unladen weight is 980kg and max MTPLM is 1180kg, no real problems but you do tent to change gear quite a lot and can struggle up big hills!
Harrymac View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Harrymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áSepá2017 at 3:59pm
You could get your ECU chipped for a bit of extra grunt.

FIREMANSAM1 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIREMANSAM1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áSepá2017 at 4:47pm
Just taken a skoda yeti 2ltr 4x4 for a drive and it pulls away lovelynwith power but I love love the nissan qashqai.

FIREMANSAM1 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIREMANSAM1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áSepá2017 at 4:48pm
Just taken a skoda yeti 2ltr 4x4 for a drive and it pulls away lovelynwith power but I love love the nissan qashqai.
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áSepá2017 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Harrymac Harrymac wrote:

You could get your ECU chipped for a bit of extra grunt.

Some insurers are a bit "fussy " about amending the car from original,unless Nissan now offer an upgrade.
Brian
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áSepá2017 at 6:48pm
A 2ltr diesel 4x4 is really the ideal combo for pulling power. I love this combo in our Qashqai.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic