UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

traction control button

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitehawk4114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: traction control button
    Posted: 30áNová2018 at 5:15pm
hi everyone,  i have a 59 plate +2 1.6 petrol qashqai which are 2 wheel, front wheel drive.

At the moment it has a blanking plate where the traction control switch should be, but i've checked behind it and it does have a connecting block behind the panel. Is it easy as getting a switch to switch traction on and off, or will i be wasting my money as a lot more work needs to be done before it will work?

i live at the bottom of a cul de sac and struggle even if there is a bit of snow and have been told switching the traction off would be better. I am going to get some decent tyres for winter to help.

Thanks in advance for your helpWink

Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2018 at 6:01pm
Traction.... do you mean anti-lock braking system (ABS) or Electronic stability control (ESC) ??
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
nitehawk4114 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitehawk4114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2018 at 6:11pm
hi not the abs but i think there's different names for the same thing like ESC  ERS or ESP.
My button is missing and has a blanking plate. This picture i have got from the internet.  Thanks
http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/uploads/8638/kit1_inst_02.jpg - result for qashqai traction switch
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2018 at 7:03pm
The 2009 Qashqai definitely did have ESC, so there ought to be the button for switching ESC off.... And in the circumstances you describe it is indeed better to switch it off.
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
nitehawk4114 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitehawk4114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áNová2018 at 10:25pm
thanks for that. it has got ESC that i can see is coming on automatically but no separate button to switch it on or off. So i'm hoping to buy a switch for it but just wanted to make sure it will do something before i buy it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic