UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Exterior.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

trade van accessories, side steps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trade van accessories, side steps
    Posted: 09áMará2016 at 6:50pm
Hi guys
After a message from member MoogleUK (Richard) I went to the above business's head quarters today (as they are local to me) and had a look at various side steps for our Qq
I have to say they were very nice people and nothing was too much trouble.
It seems they buy the side steps/bars in various lengths and have the brackets tailor made to each car model.
I am currently deciding between the 'topaz' or ' calibre ' type.
I did however pick up a set of stainless steel window trims (to hopefully tie in the chrome om the yet to be purchased side bars.
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áMará2016 at 7:06pm
Hi Bryan,

I only had dealings via email and they were always very helpful for me.  As said, I was tempted to drive down to have them fit it until they told me how easy was to fit (just not too easy for me Tongue)...

Glad can help out, have you got any links to the styles they are offering for us all to look at?

Thanks, Richard...
2013 360 1.5dCi Gun Metallic
Add-ons
Genuine: Mudflaps, Space Saver and Cross Bars.
3rd Party: DRL, Viper Side Bars, Fitted Blinds, Door Sill Plate, Interior Non-slip Door Mats, Auto Mirror Kit.
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áMará2016 at 7:14pm
In a word
No I was looking at their Web site,but (maybe it's me) the pictures are not the best.
What I liked was things like the bolts you insert into the chassis to hold the brackets have a small note at the end,so you can attach fishing wire (supplied) and hold the bolt down tight while you do the nut up.

As I intend to fit them myself any help is good.
MoogleUK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MoogleUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áMará2016 at 7:21pm
Calibre...

Topaz

AS said, here on their eBay page ;)  Have to let me know if cheaper from the eBay store than what advised on site.

Thanks, Richard...

Edited to enable hyperlinks...

Edited by MoogleUK - 09áMará2016 at 7:22pm
2013 360 1.5dCi Gun Metallic
Add-ons
Genuine: Mudflaps, Space Saver and Cross Bars.
3rd Party: DRL, Viper Side Bars, Fitted Blinds, Door Sill Plate, Interior Non-slip Door Mats, Auto Mirror Kit.
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áMará2016 at 8:21pm
The price on their Web site was the price they charged me.
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMará2016 at 7:29pm
Hi guys
Well I only went and bought the side steps today
We went with the 'calibre' style.
So as you do I got home from work at 17.50 and decided to see how the brackets fit before we lost the day light.
Turns out you just need to remove a small plastic cover for the rear one,remove 2 x 18mm bolts,fit the bracket and do the bolts back up (the cover will need to be cut if you intend to refit.

For the front you pop off a rubber bung on the sill,insert the 'special' bolt,then undo an existing 13 bolt,fit the bracket and refit the bolt and add a nut to the new bolt and tighten.

Then undo the captive bolts on the running board and fit bolts into brackets,adjust for in and out,back and front and tighten the 4 x 13mm nuts up (I also added some thread lock to each bolt/nut.

So the passanger side bar is on and it took 20 mins.

Best of all,because the Qq is a littlehigher off the ground than say a focus,you can do all the work without having to jack the car up or remove any wheels.
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMará2016 at 9:07pm
Come on you, when can we expect pictures
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMará2016 at 9:33pm
Hopefully over the weekend
When I get the otherside fitted and both aligned up and fully tightened
As it's not my daily driver,I can be lazy and take my time.
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMará2016 at 3:38pm
Hi guys
As it's a qashqai forum and we all love pictures,even if it's of a car and bling we have all seen,I thought why not.
So I give you our 2013 1.6 dci tekna wearing it's new side steps and side window trims

And a cheeky one of the steering wheel that I had recovered and the rim made 3 mm thicker

Edited by bryan3 - 20áMará2016 at 3:57pm
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMará2016 at 6:25pm
Very nice indeed 👍👍
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMará2016 at 9:54pm
Am loving the steering wheel! I really miss the thick and chunky feel of my old Volvo V50 R-Design and find the QQ wheel a little thin and flimsy for my liking tbh.

Can I ask where you had it done and how much it cost?

2010 N-Tec 1.5dci CafÚ Latte NOW SOLD!
Proud owner of 2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium, upgrades to follow!! Still lovin' it everyday!
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMará2016 at 10:10pm
You certainly can
A company called royal steering wheels did the work.the cost was ú115 for the retrim to my spec,another ú30 for them to source a j10 steering wheel(as I kept original) and ú15 for insured and signed for royal mail express delivery.
You can add a ú50 returned deposit and they will do a wheel,send it to you and you have 14 days to return your original wheel and get your deposit back.
You can send your original wheel and wait a week for it to be returned
Or you can pay for the wheel and on the appointed day turn up at their premises and they will remove your old wheel and fit the new one for a small charge.

Edited by bryan3 - 20áMará2016 at 10:11pm
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áMará2016 at 10:32pm
QQ is looking good!

I got my side steps from these guys too. Pleasure to deal with. Always kept me up to date with stock as it was out when I initially enquired. 

Steering wheels looks really good! Could be adding a retrim to the to-do list :)
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
Troubledshooter View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubledshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJulá2016 at 1:26pm
I am thinking of purchasing a set of Calibre running boards for my 2012 Qashqai N-Tec, and am wondering if the fitted front and rear mud flaps will interfere with the fitting of these running boards.

Does anyone have fitting instructions for the Calibre running boards that they could scan and email to me ?
TVA say they don't have any on file.

Edited by Troubledshooter - 07áJulá2016 at 2:17pm
2012 Magnetic Red 2.0 N-Tec CVT
Troubledshooter View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troubledshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áDecá2016 at 2:25pm
Thank you bryan3 for your most informative post on the fitting of the TVA 'Calibre' side steps.
I don't know how I missed it before posting my own request.
Due to physical limitations, I'm having to get a local garage to fit them, and your instructions will prove extremely useful as they have not previously fitted these side steps.
2012 Magnetic Red 2.0 N-Tec CVT
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áDecá2016 at 2:33pm
Thanks Bryan for this thread :)
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic