Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J11 Qashqai 2014 - > Nissan Qashqai J11 Engine Range > 1.2 L Turbo I4 (Petrol)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turbo charger replacement 1.2 Dig-t

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NQ21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbo charger replacement 1.2 Dig-t
    Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 2:11pm
Hi i have a 2014 1.2Dig-t Acenta Premium 
A week ago it suddenly started flashing every warning going - stop start failure/chassis control failure/system failure
Nissan did a diagnostic test and told me it was a turbocharger boost control solenoid internal fault
I had that replaced today and had another phone call to tell me they've now discovered the turbocharger needs replacing.... at the cost of £2,090 it's only done 58k miles
I'm fairly gutted and keep reading about problems with this engine in this year
Nissan tell me it's not one of the engines affected by the oil issue and therefore there's no problem with the car and wouldn't be subject to any recall, but before i spend loads of money fixing the turbocharger i want to be sure it's not a car which is a bad batch
The chassis number is SJNFEAJ11U1081463 ... does anyone know if this is a vehicle affected? 
Has anyone replaced a turbo charger and has it been ok? 
Any advice anyone can give would be appreciated. 
Thanks so much
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 2:25pm
As the car is out of warranty, I would seek a second opinion from an independent garage.  If it is just a straight replacement, a non franchised parts provider would probably be able to supply one a lot cheaper.

If they have fixed the original problem (solenoid), what reason have they given to changing the turbocharger?

I have no experience of turbocharger problems but have suffered extortionate Nissan prices.  Sick

Edited by Doug999 - 29 Apr 2020 at 2:27pm
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
NQ21 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NQ21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 9:24am
Thank you. I have gone for a repair from my local garage which is half the price. Nissan wouldn't say why the turbocharger had gone just that it had broken. 
I am worried why that would happen at 58k miles and if it's just going to happen again. 
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 4:01pm
Have you asked your garage to check its performance before replacement?  Can they confirm Nissan's diagnosis of a fault?

Edited by Doug999 - 04 May 2020 at 4:04pm
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic